PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Animus'

the amolang
12-20-2009, 09:38 PM
So I still haven't finished AC2 but I have already compared the two different animus' that have been shown in the series. From a technical standpoint the animus 2.0 is definitely better but just from looks it may not be. The first animus looks (or should I say looked?) more sterile and imposing. It had a sense of power to it, whereas the 2.0 felt more comfortable and inviting. It also looked less like a mass produced object, kind of like a one of a kind type of thing... both of which are cool and epic.

the amolang
12-20-2009, 09:38 PM
So I still haven't finished AC2 but I have already compared the two different animus' that have been shown in the series. From a technical standpoint the animus 2.0 is definitely better but just from looks it may not be. The first animus looks (or should I say looked?) more sterile and imposing. It had a sense of power to it, whereas the 2.0 felt more comfortable and inviting. It also looked less like a mass produced object, kind of like a one of a kind type of thing... both of which are cool and epic.

Mitro-Blade
12-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Kinda hard to say... When Ac2 wasn't out yet i thought you were still in the abstergo animus, but i deff like the 2.0 much better.

Tantalus227
12-21-2009, 10:45 AM
2.0 ... Looks much more comfortable to sit in all day.

The first Animus looked like a mortitians table!

senile old coot
12-21-2009, 01:20 PM
i liked the crude and uninviting look of the original Animus because it seemed to reflect the ruthless nature of Abstergo itself.

i thought the much more stylish Animus 2.0 fit well with the Assassins too, 'cause everybody knows assassins are way sexier than Templars (except cleopatra 'cause she was pretty hawt tbh).

eZpiri2
12-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Okay, I'll be honest so this is my opinion. I like the original Animus better because, well, it seemed professional compared to the comfy one. I even like the small details, like the glowish blue coming outta it and the lights under it. The lights all over it. And the sliding screen when you lay down in it. Though I'd chose the 2.0 if I had to be stuck on one. Though on the inside, I like the 2.0 because of it's nice looks and colors. The original seemed kinda of bland. But overall, i like the outside appearance of the Original

Cornik22
12-21-2009, 02:50 PM
From a player's point of view I prefer the Animus 1.0 because it lets you replay the story missions.

mojsarn
12-21-2009, 04:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cornik22:
From a player's point of view I prefer the Animus 1.0 because it lets you replay the story missions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This and like someone said, it so bright and nice to watch, and I loved the memory log, see what altair felt and thought during his missions, why didnt they included that in AC2.

But the 2.0 map is much more detailed and easier to see buildings and other things.

And also, anyone know what "meny rules" they broke like the woman said in one of the developer daires?

ToKillInPeace
12-21-2009, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mojsarn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cornik22:
From a player's point of view I prefer the Animus 1.0 because it lets you replay the story missions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This and like someone said, it so bright and nice to watch, and I loved the memory log, see what altair felt and thought during his missions, why doesnt they included that in AC2.

But the 2.0 map is much more detailed and esier to see buildings and other things.

And also, anyone know what "meny rules" they broke like the woman said in one of the developer daires? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES! I loved the attachments and thoughts we got in the first game, why not in this one?

But I do love the effects in the new animus, where the cities building up from the 3D matrix, how the camera goes all slow and grey when you enter an out of bounds area, the way everything starts breaking apart when you kill your target.

Randy 355
12-21-2009, 06:10 PM
I like the Animus 1.0 in terms of the HUD and database. It seemed so professional, and down to business. Like a computer specifically made for going back through memories.

However, I like how comfortable the Animus 2.0 looks. But it's menus and other things felt more video game like, which kinda took away the feeling of being in the seat of the Animus. But, the 2.0 had the cool effects, and less strict boundaries.

But, I choose the Animus 1.0 in the end. I loved the feel of it.

Jack-Reacher
12-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Looks got o Animus 2.0, but Animus 1.0 had re-playability, the memory log and i like the DNA strand better, looked cool lighting them all up

StrikeEagleOne
12-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Animus 2.0 gave Desmond much tighter, cleaner, and faster free running abilities with Ezio then he had with Altair, as well as complete free-roam during and after the game. It was also very portable and comfortable. The downside? You need to stick a needle in your arm (graciously accompanied by a snide remark courtesy of Mr. Hastings).

Animus 1.0 had replayability and was sitting over a massive metal shaft filled with wires, pipes, and other technological junk, as well as futuristic and imposing high-tech data banks and cooling systems and the like along the walls of the room. Not to mention invisible blood stains EVERYWHERE...

AssassinVenice
12-22-2009, 09:09 AM
I prefere the Animus 2.0 because it's somthing like red and white colours hud or something but i like the original because whe can replay memories but it's sad that the pc players like me can't play the game before 2010 so my favourite animus is the 2.0.

gsosolid
12-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Animus 2.0
Simply because I would hate having to get out of the Animus 1.0 all the time looking up at the paedophile resembling face of Vidic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sudokubank
12-23-2009, 09:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gsosolid:
Animus 2.0
Simply because I would hate having to get out of the Animus 1.0 all the time looking up at the paedophile resembling face of Vidic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lmao PAEDO 4 LIEF!!

Neways, i choose both animus. Just put the animus 2.0 near the animus 1.0 and put a cup of coffee on top of the 1.0 and sit on 2.0 while reading a newspaper. Ahhh.. life

An_Idea
12-23-2009, 09:59 AM
i liked animus 1 because you could know when you could kill another annoying civilian, in the second one its hard to tell when youve resynced

Jedted
01-05-2010, 11:23 AM
I like how the DNA menu looks in the Ani2.0, it's like one long DNA strand and the memories are accessed like files on a computer.

My only complaint really is when you pause the game there's this big white flash of light as it brings up the menu. It's a bit hard on the eyes sometimes but you get used to it.

Brett_Master5
01-05-2010, 01:05 PM
The professional look of the Animus 1.0 is better than the 2.0. The 2.0 Animus may be comfortable but it looks like it was rigged up just so it could be portable from safe house to safe house.

The HUD of the 2.0 is better. Though the part when guards are aware of you is better in 1.0.

The menu of 2.0 is way too videogamish. The memory selection of 1.0 is just way more professional, than something like the assassins have.

Overall I think that 1.0 is better than 2.0