PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Saves? Please patch them in!

Sparcrypt
11-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I, like a lot of people no doubt, didn't get the conversationalist achievement on their first playthrough and have to redo it. Not so much a problem as I was planning on playing through another couple times already. My main gripe is that I'm not allowed more then one save file on my profile!

So here I have a choice - start again and lose my current save where I've spent ages collecting flags, hunting templars, have a full DNA bar for every memory etc etc, or keep that save until I've finished getting the flags and hunting templars, and THEN restart... but then I don't get to keep a complete save without redoing everything once more.

So can we expect to see a patch in the near future via xbox live? I'd also be fine if I was able to replay the levels from my old save and get the achievement that way instead.

But at the very least, can you have say 3 game slots availible per profile? Most people who replay a game dont want to delete their old games for the sake of a new one, nor create a new profile.

dd22cowboys
11-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeh, its total ****. Seems like more and more games are doing this. Lazy *******s.

Faylinks
11-24-2007, 12:27 AM
replay value sucks a*s on this game. i really want to replay the 9 assassinations. heres the problem.

you start at mystaf, you have to listen to every cut seane, do the training thing, ride to the kingdom then port to the city, and if you do an assasination thats earlyer in the game, you must ride the hole ****ing way. you cant save these parts where you are. after you beat the game, i would think that you would ahve all your stuff + abilitys when you replay the assasinations, but you dont, you have the stuff taht you had back then, you will do stuff, like try to grab on to a lege, but cant becouse you dont have it and ect. this is really fustration when its otomatic to counter or somthing, and its not there.
if you beat the game, you should have all your stuff when you replay missions. you must do all the investigations to get to the assasination, wait through all the cahtter at the breuro.. and FINALY you get to replay the assasination. wow, thats horrible. it should eb a chose if you want to start at the assasins brue with the white feather in your inventroy, reay to burst off to do the assasination. thats how it should be if you wanted it.

PaleProphet
11-24-2007, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Sparcrypt:
But at the very least, can you have say 3 game slots availible per profile? Most people who replay a game dont want to delete their old games for the sake of a new one, nor create a new profile.

i agree

Sosolid
11-24-2007, 04:01 AM
I havnt finished this game yet. I could have over 1 weekend, but wanted it to last for a bit (atleast)

So, just so i dont do the same thing as you, what is the conversationalist

stuburns
11-24-2007, 04:56 AM
All you have to do is make a new PS3 user account, what is the big deal?

Sparcrypt
11-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Sosolid:
I havnt finished this game yet. I could have over 1 weekend, but wanted it to last for a bit (atleast)

So, just so i dont do the same thing as you, what is the conversationalist

It's an achievement on the 360 version - you have to go through every dialogue with Lucy, the female scientist, at every oppertunity. You miss one, too bad. Like most people I missed the first one or two, cause I just wanted to get back to the game.

Originally posted by stuburns:
All you have to do is make a new PS3 user account, what is the big deal?

Well I have a 360 for one, so it's all linked to my gamertag - and the reason I want to start a new game is to get the conversationalist achievement. Starting a new gamertag is the only way to not lose my old save, and that means I'd get the achievement on the new gamertag, not my own. Yeah I know it's just a silly little achievement but they bring a whole new level of enjoyment to a game for me.

It should be a fairly simple matter to add them, so I can't see why not.

stuburns
11-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Oh sorry, I'm not a 360 owner so I didn't know, I guess that is a problem, seems odd they didn't think about it.

I guess the conversationlist is about the only one you can't get with just loading old blocks as well. I'm suprised you didn't get it anyway though, it's not hard to just talk to Lucy whenever you get the chance.

jimbob01000
11-24-2007, 01:41 PM
i had to restart my game to get the conversationalist achievement and the cutscenes - The UNSKIPPABLE (subtle hint) cutscenes suck second time round

Sparcrypt
11-25-2007, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by stuburns:
Oh sorry, I'm not a 360 owner so I didn't know, I guess that is a problem, seems odd they didn't think about it.

I guess the conversationlist is about the only one you can't get with just loading old blocks as well. I'm suprised you didn't get it anyway though, it's not hard to just talk to Lucy whenever you get the chance.

Yeah I only missed one of the dialogues, I was really into the game at that point and just wanted to get back into it ASAP, not wander around a lab.

Problem is that a lot of people did the same thing. Now I'm all for them saying "Sorry, it's an achievement and it's not our fault you missed it" - but it's a little harsh to have to lose ALL your progress to recover from it.