PDA

View Full Version : how do you play without the map

darkghost1995
04-30-2010, 11:43 AM
I removed it just to see how it was and I couldn't find my way is there any way to play without it

same with the health bar as i don't know if i'm dying

Razrback16
04-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by darkghost1995:
I removed it just to see how it was and I couldn't find my way is there any way to play without it

same with the health bar as i don't know if i'm dying

Not sure why'd you try to play without it. It'd be awfully difficult for objectives that are far out of your "quick map"'s range.

darkghost1995
04-30-2010, 12:35 PM
well they did it in their ubisoft gameplay at e3 and stuff without the hud and it looked better

jimbo11235813
04-30-2010, 01:53 PM
The only way is to use the main map and guide yourself with that, but that, for me at least, would be worse.

Also if I remember correctly, in the demo, the pigeons were used to guide the demonstrator to the objective. They didn't do that for the finished game.

Six_Gun
04-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Lately I play with only the mini map, money, and updates part of the HUD turned on. Unless you have an uber visual memory, finding things without the mini map would be very hard or time consuming going in and out of the main map. The health not showing isn't really a problem. You get audible sounds and onscreen temp reminders when your armor gets damaged or your health goes low enough to warrant using medicine. This is nice because the health blocks by far clutter the screen more than anything. However it is much smaller if you don't buy armor. I think my last play through it never got bigger than 10 blocks because I bought no armor nor used Altair's.

apoc.reg
04-30-2010, 04:29 PM
I played all of AC1 with no hud whatsoever and LOVED it. Really annoyed you cant in 2. Why?

Because the main map np longer shows your orientation which i used to check to make sure i was going in the right vague direction.

With they would put the arrow back rather than the head!

Xanatos2007
05-01-2010, 02:04 AM
I turned the HUD off and I did fine without the health bar, but I just wish it showed which direction you were facing on the map like in AC1. The majority of the time I just had to try & remember which way is north, but it's easy to lose your bearings when in combat or chasing down a target. And the new day/night cycle doesn't help either.

DexLuther
05-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I turned the HUD off and I did fine without the health bar, but I just wish it showed which direction you were facing on the map like in AC1. The majority of the time I just had to try & remember which way is north, but it's easy to lose your bearings when in combat or chasing down a target. And the new day/night cycle doesn't help either.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a usermod to change the head into an arrow yet.