PDA

View Full Version : Why is it impossible to...

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 07:18 AM
Why is it impossible to remove the MGFF/Ms on the Fw190A-4 and Fw190A-5 with out having to add the bombrack, and removing the ability to fully enclose the wheel wells? Did the German really have to do this to remove these two guns?

I mean currently it just makes more sence to leave the MGFF/Ms on the aircraft, albiet they do hardly any damage.

"Aircraft do not yaw pivot on the center of the prop. If IL2[FB] does, it is fundamentally flawed." - Killer, Da head Rat

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 07:18 AM
Why is it impossible to remove the MGFF/Ms on the Fw190A-4 and Fw190A-5 with out having to add the bombrack, and removing the ability to fully enclose the wheel wells? Did the German really have to do this to remove these two guns?

I mean currently it just makes more sence to leave the MGFF/Ms on the aircraft, albiet they do hardly any damage.

"Aircraft do not yaw pivot on the center of the prop. If IL2[FB] does, it is fundamentally flawed." - Killer, Da head Rat

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 09:30 AM
There's no reason to leave the outboard cannons out anyway. With the outboard cannons removed, the Fw190A accelerates 5% better and climbs 6% better. Speed is roughly almost same.

However, a Fw190A-4/5 with the outboard cannons removed loses more than 20% in overall firepower. In the Fw190A-8, the outboard cannons alone constitute for 45% of total firepower.

So, why choose 20~45% loss in firepower, for increase of 3~6% in general performance, which will not give you any distinct advantage anyway?

-----------
Due to pressure from the moderators, the sig returns to..

"It's the machine, not the man." - Materialist, and proud of it!

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 06:00 AM
I learned to use prop pitch 100 instead of auto on FW190A5 because it gave me 1-2% more speed. Those 1-2% were the difference between an LA5FN catching me and an LA5FN not catching me, and when I played on the same 1943 map I had played on before using auto pitch I could tell the difference.

If you are up against fighters that can match your performance than a couple % is huge. Against anything else, i'll take the firepower.

There are a number of ordinance/configuration options that aren't available. I imagine it takes alot of work to make them.

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 04:07 PM
Kyrule Had a thread in Olegs room asking this same question. i don't know if he ever got an answer or not but you should look for it.

http://www.warbirdalley.com/images/polikarpov.jpg

"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this earth." -Roberto Clemente