PDA

View Full Version : AEP and AEP/PF merged will not run in Open GL

Mr.Warbucks
12-23-2004, 01:39 PM
I have a Radeon 5500 video card and have recently found that both AEP and AEP/PF merged will only work in Direct X Mode. If I try to run both versions in Open GL, everything outside of the cockpit fades to black.

I'm actually trying to use "Perfect" graphics and have found that the option is greyed out in Direct X mode. I also have Pacific Fighters stand alone installed, but for some strange reason this works.

I downloaded the recommended ATI Catalyst drivers and installed them, but it did not fix the issue.

Can anyone out there give me a clue as to what the problem is?

Regards,
HF Warbucks

Mr.Warbucks
12-23-2004, 01:39 PM
I have a Radeon 5500 video card and have recently found that both AEP and AEP/PF merged will only work in Direct X Mode. If I try to run both versions in Open GL, everything outside of the cockpit fades to black.

I'm actually trying to use "Perfect" graphics and have found that the option is greyed out in Direct X mode. I also have Pacific Fighters stand alone installed, but for some strange reason this works.

I downloaded the recommended ATI Catalyst drivers and installed them, but it did not fix the issue.

Can anyone out there give me a clue as to what the problem is?

Regards,
HF Warbucks

Capt._Tenneal
12-23-2004, 01:53 PM
I also noticed that, for me, the il2fb_new.exe included as an option in patch 3.01 works fine in DirectX, but OpenGL gives me the squarish artifacts instead of the sun and the lens flare.

x6BL_Brando
12-23-2004, 02:55 PM
You could both try posting your DxDiagnostics and a brief rundown of symptoms in the Community help forum.

civildog
12-23-2004, 03:44 PM
I have a Radeon 9800 Pro running the merged game in Perfect mode and OpenGL. Seems fine so far. Though I lust for the water I see with the new Nvidia cards.

Troll2k
12-24-2004, 02:34 AM
Perfect landscape is only available with open gl.It does not work with direct x.

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-24-2004, 09:45 AM
AND your vid card looks really really old.

Mr.Warbucks
12-27-2004, 11:04 PM
Sorry guys. My mistake. My video card is an ATI Radeon 9550 128Mb. I realise it's old by todays standards but its all I have at the moment.

I ran the Direct X diagnostics and according to the software everything is running as it should. I figure it is a game issue because I don't have the problem when running Pacific Fighters Stand Alone.

The problem only occurs in the AEP and AEP/PF versions of the game.

Regards,
HF Warbucks