PDA

View Full Version : When can you purchase IX boats @ 100% real.

KarlsDonuts
07-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Howdy all...............I'm asking for a hint. I'm playing @ 100% Realism and would like to know how long I must wait until I can purchase a Type IX boat. I'm in the 1st Flotilla and it's December 1939. I have 3800pts Renown and have 6 ships of 26,000 Tons to my credit after 3 patrols. Type VIIB boats are available to me now but I am thinking forward to Operation Drumbeat and a larger torpedoe complement. The chances are that I will not survive until then but I'd rather wiat until France falls and a transfer to French ports if it means I can get a IX boat. Can anyone lead the way? The Happy time is just around the corner! Good Hunting all.

KarlsDonuts
07-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Howdy all...............I'm asking for a hint. I'm playing @ 100% Realism and would like to know how long I must wait until I can purchase a Type IX boat. I'm in the 1st Flotilla and it's December 1939. I have 3800pts Renown and have 6 ships of 26,000 Tons to my credit after 3 patrols. Type VIIB boats are available to me now but I am thinking forward to Operation Drumbeat and a larger torpedoe complement. The chances are that I will not survive until then but I'd rather wiat until France falls and a transfer to French ports if it means I can get a IX boat. Can anyone lead the way? The Happy time is just around the corner! Good Hunting all.

tankerdestroyer
07-07-2006, 02:56 PM
in a non-modded straight off the shelf game I do not think you can ever get the type IX in 1st flotilla. I know you can in other flotillas further south. Personally I prefer the type VII anyway.
You can see a technology timeline in the lower right corner in the u-boat section in port to find out when it becomes available.

Werner_U-292
07-07-2006, 03:50 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif I heard that the "off-the-shelf" game didn't have the correct dates for when the different subs became available. The patches don't fix it either. Some of our 8th Flotilla members use a program called SH3 Commander which fixes this and other minor issues with SH3. Not sure where to get it, but if you leave a message on our forums I'm sure someone can help you out - you can find them here http://8thflotilla.bravehost.com

lecek
07-07-2006, 08:55 PM
The stock game has some times right and some times wrong. But for the IXB the game is right, it is available almost right from the start. The issue is that the flotilla you need to be in to get it isn't available to you until October 1940. (There is a bug that makes it look like you can get there in september but it won't transfer you to the correct flotilla that month.)

The correct flotilla is the 2nd.

There is a flotilla mod available out there that changes some of those details. I don't know exactly what all it does because I have a custom flotilla mod of my own.

KarlsDonuts
07-08-2006, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the speedy replys Captains. I did not state it but, yes, I am playing a "straight off the shelf" game and have no experience in customizing. I will look to the 2nd Flott. in October 1940. Thankyou very much for that piece of information.

lecek
07-08-2006, 07:55 AM
You are going to need 7500 renown to buy the IX. That shouldn't be a problem at 100% but just in case.

KarlsDonuts
07-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Lacek;
Thanks for the point value of the IX boat. I had no idea how much they would cost. Now I am wrestling with whether to aquire a Type VII-B now (Dec'39) or stay with my Type II-A through out '40. If I stay with the Type II I probably upgrade to a 'D'. What would you do?

K Donuts

KarlsDonuts
07-09-2006, 12:01 PM
lecek;
I spelt your user name wrong, I am sorry. I work with a guy who's last name is 'Lasek' and I must have become confused. I must add that I appreciate your spending time with my question. You have been most helpful.

Karl

lecek
07-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Everyone spells that name wrong.

Technically, even I did. It should be Leszek. Though I at least did it on purpose.

Don't bother staying with the Type II. The Type VII will get much more renown per mission then the Type II. With 100% realism you should easily make the price of a IX.

Furthermore, you will be able to get more medals for your crew.