PDA

View Full Version : Masyaf Assassin Castle & Indoors

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 06:37 PM
For ACR, I'd like to be able to go inside the castle more. For example, in AC1 it's so huge. But all you see of the inside is a small library area, an office for the Grandmaster, and a tower that looks out over the distance and has a small table with food and such.

You'd imagine as an Assassin base that it would have some blacksmiths, maybe some tailors. There would also probably be people in financial powers to take care of the money, and others to take care of the whole town. There should be important documents that Ezio would want to retrieve up there also, because I'm sure that Altiar wouldn't keep all of his important documents in one spot. Mainly the point is I want to explore the Masyaf base more in ACR.

On another note, I would like there to be more inside areas that have important stuff. The Rosa in Fiore, the Barracks, and La Volpe Addormentata were just like what I wanted in a way. Along with the Guild Challenges, they were pretty awesome. I loved having the crests up on my walls in the Tiber Isle base.

But I want more things like that. Maybe different guilds for the merchants. A Doctor Academy, a Blacksmith and Tailor guild, a main banking firm (or the Renaissance equivalent to one), things like that. I would love to ally the Assassins further with certain merchant groups.

But even among things like that, I would love to be able to go inside certain key houses.

GunnarGunderson
08-15-2011, 06:53 PM
pretty sure the castle in Masayf was assassin only, biased I know but that's how the world works. There probably were those things in the village below it

LightRey
08-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
pretty sure the castle in Masayf was assassin only, biased I know but that's how the world works. There probably were those things in the village below it
Yeah, the castle itself probably only had more basic accommodations such as food and supply storage and a barracks, maybe a blacksmith.

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:

Niccolo Polo and Maffei, The Secret Crusade. They frequently traveled up to the Castle, even allowed to go up the tower that Altiar jumped off of. So I don't think it's Assassin only, unless they were already Assassins.

thedeadman_47
08-15-2011, 07:17 PM
nice idea but i don't think it will be untill later into the game as masyaf is now controlled by templars so it will be hard for him to explore while he's got an army of bad guys fighting him and altair constantly distracting him

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by thedeadman_47:
nice idea but i don't think it will be untill later into the game as masyaf is now controlled by templars so it will be hard for him to explore while he's got an army of bad guys fighting him and altair constantly distracting him

..That's still in ACR..

and you were kinda pointing out the obvious..

but yea, you know.. that isn't the only point of this discussion.

LightRey
08-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by thedeadman_47:
Well yes, during Ezio's time, but not during Alta´r's.

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thedeadman_47:
Well yes, during Ezio's time, but not during Alta´r's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ACtually, that would work well. Altiar having to check up on some other Assassins before leaving to do things. And I have a feeling that we'll get to see Altiar's room during the seal that has him during his teenaged years because of something that happened in The Secret Crusade.

*spoiler* Altiar saw Abbas's father kill himself in front of him in his room, and later Abbas moved in with Altiar and they were trained together by the Assassins *spoiler end*

LightRey
08-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thedeadman_47:

ACtually, that would work well. Altiar having to check up on some other Assassins before leaving to do things. And I have a feeling that we'll get to see Altiar's room during the seal that has him during his teenaged years because of something that happened in The Secret Crusade.

*spoiler* Altiar saw Abbas's father kill himself in front of him in his room, and later Abbas moved in with Altiar and they were trained together by the Assassins *spoiler end* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah yes, poor misguided Abbas. Too bad how it ended, though it was really epic.

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 07:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

*spoiler* Altiar saw Abbas's father kill himself in front of him in his room, and later Abbas moved in with Altiar and they were trained together by the Assassins *spoiler end* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah yes, poor misguided Abbas. Too bad how it ended, though it was really epic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't finished The Secret Crusade completely yet. I still have to read Part 4.

LightRey
08-15-2011, 07:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Ah yes, poor misguided Abbas. Too bad how it ended, though it was really epic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't finished The Secret Crusade completely yet. I still have to read Part 4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah well in that case, I'll shut up. I tend to get spoilerish when talking about such things. :P

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Heh. I'll read it tonight after I do some stuff in Brotherhood.

NewBlade200
08-15-2011, 08:01 PM
I can never find the books anywhere, and the on time I did I had already used my money on The Walking Dead volumes 1 and 2. I go back the next day to look for it only to be told they don't sell those books and now I'm not allowed near that shop http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

twenty_glyphs
08-15-2011, 08:30 PM
I'd like to see some more of the Masyaf castle's interior as well as be able to climb it this time. I hope it becomes a free-roam location after the story is over so we can take our time there too. I still don't know why in a game where you can climb any building, they wouldn't let you climb around the castle in the first game. It's a cool-looking structure that would be fun to explore. I was also disappointed that they didn't let you climb around St. Peter's dome in Brotherhood in the free-roam map.

Calvarok
08-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Yes, there was much more to the castle than what we saw in AC1. Yes, we will probably see more now.

Jexx21
08-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Just finished reading The Secret Crusade. Good ending in my opinion.

Anyway, what do you guys think of the idea of becoming more allied with the merchants?

I would love to be able to garner more support with them, getting bigger deals and helping them thrive with monetary support. And some sort of challenges. Maybe something like the Shop Quests, but a little different.

..I want moar crests in mah hideoutsss.

thedeadman_47
08-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Well yes, during Ezio's time, but not during Alta´r's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> yeah you're right it might be that way, but i think the altair sequences will be like sort of linear gameplay like in ac2 so idon't think they're gonna make you explore that much but still very likley though

Calvarok
08-16-2011, 01:18 PM

Anyway, what do you guys think of the idea of becoming more allied with the merchants?

I would love to be able to garner more support with them, getting bigger deals and helping them thrive with monetary support. And some sort of challenges. Maybe something like the Shop Quests, but a little different.

I would definately enjoy a more personal interaction with merchants. If they acnowledged me as their landlord/owner with their dialogue, that would be cool.

Jexx21
08-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:

I would definately enjoy a more personal interaction with merchants. If they acnowledged me as their landlord/owner with their dialogue, that would be cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about them having their own main guild bases like the Thieves, Mercenaries, Courtesans.

LightRey
08-16-2011, 07:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

I would definately enjoy a more personal interaction with merchants. If they acnowledged me as their landlord/owner with their dialogue, that would be cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about them having their own main guild bases like the Thieves, Mercenaries, Courtesans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Only if those guild bases are run by assassins or people working closely with them.