PDA

View Full Version : HOW NOT TO PLAY ONLINE

Hawgdog
07-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Hello, a tutorial to help new shooters and players to the game:
Things that will get you kicked out of a server and ridiculed in public. And probably banned.

Shoulder Shooting You come cranking in BEHIND someone who is shooting and fire over the top of, under neath or next to the guy who was there first. Think of it like a school lunch line and if you take the food off that guys tray you dont make friends. He was there first.
Wait until he breaks off then cut in.

Vulching/base camping Some servers dont allow you to shoot spawning airplanes, some do. And NONE of those servers you want to become a regular in allow you to zoom down and blast a target, then zoom back up and wait for the next guy to spawn. This is perhaps the lamest of all noob maneuvers. Some servers allow the use of bombs or rockets on spawning planes. But no one wants you to circle over head like...a...buzzard waiting for them to spawn.

Team Killing If you're so frazzling stupid this needs explained, go find a first person shooter Doom server and sniff glue.

The bad guy is in flames or, in MORE than one piece This next one should get you banned from all servers and flogged. SOMEONE else does all the work and like a complete baffoon you think, "hey, I'll shovel a couple of machine gun rounds into that burning, flaming, smoking multiple chunks of an airplane to see:" ENEMY AIRCRAFT DESTROYED...hey, look at me, "I got one!" Its called "KILL STEALING" boys and girls, and the ultimate calling sign of a quake server. Classic in those daisey chain red/blue/red/blue/red/blue/red/blue/red/blue servers where you see HUGE blue and red arrows as soon as you spawn even tho they are 20 kilometers away (thats miles, so the rest of the world understands this)

READ THE BRIEF What? You think some nancy boy just likes waxing poetic drivel about some stupid battle and the weather conditions? Before you get slapped about like a grocery clerk, READ the BRIEF! It explains most excellent things and has tips like..."no shoulder shooting", "NO guns on ground airplanes" "this is a girly server if you flash your lights we quit shooting" type of stuff important to that server. And other things, like what the hell you are supposed to do to win the map, where the targets are etc etc

SWEARING-ANTAGONIZING-SPAMMING THE CHAT BAR First, the chat bar. You do know dont you that you can adjust to show more than one line, and actually all the across the top right?
Adjust it down to show about 4 lines. Dont swear, dont call someone a ***, dont clutter up the dam chat bar. Some of use it to actually communicate with others in a polite fashion. To find out, oh, where someone has found a treasure trove of targets, or needs help. Some of us have children (yes- just because you are young and live in your parents basement dont assume everone else does. I'm 48, self employed,a 40 acre farm, pitbulls and I have a 6 year old who does often sit on my lap and ask "are we red daddy"? "yes, son, we are not flying uber blue one shot panzy wonders tonight" So reading F this F that you this you that only makes most of us want to get your IP, track you down some dark rainy night and hope you clean up all the blood splatters before you get back ho...ooops http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif sorry...just kidding. But many of us do take our couple of hours after the kids/spouse go to bed seriously as our major entertainment and dont want it mucked up.

LEARN TO FLY OFFLINE! Look, NONE of us mind someone asking "hey, how do I get off the carrier deck' or "wheres my score" or "the wheel things dont come up in the I-16" I cant get the engines started in this 110 etc etc ad nauseum
Learn to fly offline before going online. I mean, you sat in daddies car and varrroooom varroom varroooom a few times before twisting the key, eh? Learn the game on your own time.
And nothing will vilify you faster than hopping into a precious jet, or heavy cannon plane in those server that limit plane sets and blowing up FOUR Me-262's in a row and typing into the chat bar "wow, these things catch fire easily"

And a host of other things, taking off straight across the airfield instead of using the lanes is courteous.
Some one shoots a bad guy off your tail, then you run away as he gets jumped by three bad guys, taking off and getting right on the tail of someone you dont know because you think its cool to fly in formation so radar wont see two targets, when someone steals your kill you shoot them down- two wrongs dont make a right etc
I'm sure theres more, but off to life.
Remember quite a few of us have been here since 2001 when the first IL2 was released.

Dawg out

Viper2005_
07-24-2007, 06:01 AM
READ THE BRIEF What? You think some <span class="ev_code_red">nancy boy</span> just likes waxing poetic drivel about some stupid battle and the weather conditions? Before you get slapped about like a grocery clerk, READ the BRIEF! It explains most excellent things and has tips like..."no shoulder shooting", "NO guns on ground airplanes" "this is a girly server if you flash your lights we quit shooting" type of stuff important to that server. And other things, like what the hell you are supposed to do to win the map, where the targets are etc etc

SWEARING-ANTAGONIZING-SPAMMING THE CHAT BAR First, the chat bar. You do know dont you that you can adjust to show more than one line, and actually all the across the top right?
Adjust it down to show about 4 lines. Dont swear, dont call someone a ***, dont clutter up the dam chat bar. Some of use it to actually communicate with others <span class="ev_code_red">in a polite fashion</span>. To find out, oh, where someone has found a treasure trove of targets, or needs help. Some of us have children (yes- just because you are young and live in your parents basement dont assume everone else does. I'm 48, self employed,a 40 acre farm, pitbulls and I have a 6 year old who does often sit on my lap and ask "are we red daddy"? "yes, son, we are not flying uber blue one shot <span class="ev_code_red">panzy</span> wonders tonight"

nancy (boy) Show phonetics
noun [C] UK OFFENSIVE OLD-FASHIONED
a homosexual
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=52884&dict=CALD

pansy (PERSON) Show phonetics
noun [C] OFFENSIVE OLD-FASHIONED
a man who behaves in a way that is considered to be more typical of a woman
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=57332&dict=CALD

Pot to kettle, request colour check.

Remember quite a few of us have been here since 2001 when the first IL2 was released.

And? There are few things less useful in my experience than instructing people to respect their elders and betters, which is effectively what this amounts to. In my experience at least 9 times out of 10 the kind of "elders" who consider themselves "betters" quite simply aren't. Good pilots don't need to tell all and sundry how many hours they've flown and in how many types because their skill tends to rapidly become apparent to all.

In other words, demanding respect from people on the basis of seniority works far less effectively than earning it on the basis of demonstrated ability and leadership.

JG52Uther
07-24-2007, 06:07 AM
Vulching/base camping Some servers dont allow you to shoot spawning airplanes, some do. And NONE of those servers you want to become a regular in allow you to zoom down and blast a target, then zoom back up and wait for the next guy to spawn. This is perhaps the lamest of all noob maneuvers. Some servers allow the use of bombs or rockets on spawning planes. But no one wants you to circle over head like...a...buzzard waiting for them to spawn.
Try capping your airbase.I will vulch on any server that allows it.

Hawgdog
07-24-2007, 06:15 AM
LOL, the wambulance has arrived!!

i200th_Sakagawa
07-24-2007, 06:20 AM
Personally thinking about complitly quit from hl,its too many noobs and people who have soo **** style of flying,aways though here will be something like squad meetin squad and there is nice tough dogfight etc.but see i can do it only with with my best friends from here(all of them are honorable and great pilots fortinatelly).In HL there is noo way(after 4 years)to do something like i wrote higher.All squads are camoflaged communities and its not easy to do things like this.AW's also not always good.BTW in 4 years didnt see any Pacific campain so its **** to me but its my problem i know.And alot of people have soo nice lines to host serwers with different settings but all must host ****s for noobs with wonder woman view etc.Full real servers are ok bu where is something in half way if somebody like externalls for example(rare servers).And unfortunatelly you cant change the world.BANZAI!!

ps.this text its my private opinion

Kind regards C/O 200th_Sakagawa

SeaFireLIV
07-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Hawgdog:

READ THE BRIEF What? You think some nancy boy just likes waxing poetic drivel about some stupid battle and the weather conditions? Before you get slapped about like a grocery clerk, READ the BRIEF! It explains most excellent things and has tips like..."no shoulder shooting", "NO guns on ground airplanes" "this is a girly server if you flash your lights we quit shooting" type of stuff important to that server. And other things, like what the hell you are supposed to do to win the map, where the targets are etc etc

I particularly like this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

But it`s good stuff, the ones who are making stupid responses here are most probably those that typically don`t fly right online.

Hawgdog
07-24-2007, 06:52 AM
ty seafire, it was all meant in jest.
theres a thread over at UKded about this same thing. They suggested photos and arrows and circles, a good idea, but usually by the time they come to the forum to ask why they were banned, its too late.

p-11.cAce
07-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Great stuff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Viper needs to lighten up though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

na85
07-24-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm 48, self employed,a 40 acre farm, pitbulls and I have a 6 year old who does often sit on my lap and ask "are we red daddy"?

They say the first thing to go with age is tolerance.

Just because someone is young, doesn't mean they swear, spam, etc. Just because someone swears/spams doesn't mean they're young.

I know many people who are about your age, and who act like children.

I'd dissect your post, but someone already has. The 48-year-old self employed parent is using slurs about sexual preferences and genders! Excellent! Very mature for your age!

And then, when confronted with a rebuttal that they can't deny, out comes the mature and witty responses worthy of 48 years of experience and intellect:

I resent your stereotyping. I am 22 years old and I fly respectively, I obey the rules of the server(s) in which I fly, and I don't kill-steal, shoulder-shoot, spam the chat bar, or take off perpendicular to the runways.

Capt.LoneRanger
07-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Good post. If only those hardcore-players would read it and think about it.

It all sounds so nice and reasonable here, but if you go online, you'll realize that it's a completely different world, there. People shoot through you, to get the enemy at your 12, they turn back after you bailed out and go for your chute, they ram you, if they can't hit you or just because they want to shot the plane you just killed, they vulch your base, especially when it's like 12 on one team and 4 on the other and still call you Nazi or other things.

And I'm not talking about 08/15-airquake server here. WarClouds, Spits_vs_109s, SkiesOfFire, happens every bloody day. And I'm not talking about players with "default" as pilot names, no, they have clantags, and most of them are renown even on this forum.

I won't post names, but I was executed in my chute twice in the last 10 days on WC, by a pilot we all know quite well.

stalkervision
07-24-2007, 07:17 AM
and this is why I don't do multiplayer.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Want a totally absolutely excellent ww2 air action sim without the headaches and where your never shot in your chute.. "BOBWOV" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos255/1/97/78/68/80/5/580687897133_0_ALB.jpg

They're talking about a Multiplayer version now even! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif (the single player version is way enough for me but you multiplayer guys need it I suppose..) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

http://epsa-siteedits103.ofoto.eu.com/servlet/OplCommandServlet?cmd=get_image&sessionid=41540-10.11.16.127:8025.1185284539219-10.11.0.119:38536&img=http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos238/1/97/89/34/44/1/144348997133_0_ALB.jpg&session_home=epsa-siteedits103.ofoto.eu.com&preview_size=448

Ernst_Rohr
07-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Thats because you have pilots, then you have kill*****s.

Kill*****s are all about padding that score, screw the map objectives, goals, plane sets, ect.

Several of us got a passel of bombers on one of the above mentioned servers, and went in and completed the mission. Plastered the target flat, and there was an immediate ***** session in the chat bar by all the kill*****s who were enraged that they had "just gotten to altitude" and "never had a chance". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

What happened to RTFM?

If your really unhappy with HL and the online servers, take a look at some of the scheduled coops and things like online wars. My squadron has been flying weekly campaigns against another squad for almost a year now, and its a hell of a lot of fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Avont29
07-24-2007, 07:26 AM
"this is a girly server if you flash your lights we quit shooting" type of stuff important to that server.

LMAO ^^^^^ hahahaha!!!! so true, *cough334th*coughbigtop*cough

Viper2005_
07-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by p-11.cAce:
Viper needs to lighten up though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

Not really. I just think that if you're going to ask people to be polite, you should do so in a polite fashion, since apart from anything else, doing so tends to be far more effective than the alternative...

Also, few things infuriate me more than hypocrisy.

Crash_Moses
07-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Dart (of www.darts-page.com (http://www.darts-page.com/) fame) wrote a very good piece regarding on-line etiquette for the IL-2 User's Guide.

Quazi threatened to make it a sticky. I think appending it to Bearcat's Nugget's Guide would suffice.

Here it is again for anyone who missed it...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Online etiquette

So you've decided to go online and test your mettle against actual human
pilots, but don't want to come off as either a complete "n00b" or break
the "rules" of online play. This section is meant to provide some basics
concerning what is expected behavior, and to outline a few conventions of
courtesy.

Before we get to the finer points of saluting, let's get to the heart of
online etiquette, the one rule that goes before all else:

Don't be a Jerk.

If you can remember that, chances are the rest of this section is really
just window-dressing. There are a few other things you should know to be
further appreciated, and probably should know online. For lack of a better
order, here are a few important ones in "alphabetical order."

Ask questions If you don't know what you're doing, ask! Lots of folks will
be more than happy to answer you in a polite manner. Don't constantly
apologize for not knowing what you're doing. If somebody asks a question
that you know the answer to, answer it politely, and don't be smug.

Cheating

There are two aspects to cheating that you must be aware of.
The first is the Cheating Detected message that appears in the upper-right- Cheating
hand corner of the screen. It has nothing to do with cheating at all, but ev- Detected!
erything to do with Internet connections. That message essentially indicates
that there is a fair amount of lag going on. Lag is a time delay between the
host server and the individual player machines connected to it. A certain
number of people have found that they can alter their connection speed in
order to intentionally induce lag and thus warp around a server. To fix this,
an autokick feature was introduced to servers that works based on excessive
lag and, rather unfortunately, uses the on-screen text Cheating Detected
to indicate this condition. Few people really try to cheat this way, so please
learn to interpret this message as the simple presence of lag.

The second aspect is accusation. Never accuse anyone of cheating. If the
pilot in question is an experienced player who who's really into flight sims,
they'll probably take a screen shot and use it as proof of their skill"”there
is no higher compliment than being accused of cheating in a sim where
the flight and damage models are closed. If the pilot is not so experienced
or have an over-developed "serious gland," they're likely to become very
upset and you'll have made an enemy rather than a friend. The flight-sim
community is a close one, and you're likely to be seeing the same people for
a very long time in a lot of other sims. Accuse a lot of people of cheating
often and your reputation may follow you, probably resulting in you getting
booted from servers for causing trouble.

Never assume that just because externals are on in a server that folks
are using it as "radar" to detect you before seeing you–it's not only impolite
to accuse people of doing so, it could very well be completely false. This
appropriately leads into the next section.

Complaining

This is a High Crime. The server settings are available for
review before you enter a server; it is your responsibility to look at them.
Likewise, you must read the briefing at the start of the mission and obey the
server rules. Entering a "full real" server (one with all difficulty settings enabled)
and berating the host for not enabling padlock or icons will gain you
no sympathy and, if you persist, booted out of the server. What? You don't
like "all planes" servers with icons, optional cockpit and no AA protection
for the airfields? Very well, exit to find a new one"”but don't forget to type
something like "Salute! Thanks for hosting!" before doing so. (This will be
your secret code phrase for "Arcade weenies!") You can ask for a change in
settings on the server where you are; some hosts will do so if others chime
in as well. But be polite.

If somebody's shooting you down a lot, don't gripe about it. Learn to
avoid that player, as he's an ace of sorts! Or, better yet, start to play as part
of a team (see below).

Cursing

Don't curse in the chat buffer. It irritates everyone and really
makes those with kids mad. A seven-year-old sitting behind his dad to
watch while he plays online does not need to read the "F-word," thank you.
Some regular dogfight-server hosts will give one warning and then boot for
a second offense. Other hosts have a "no swearing" warning as part of the
mission briefing, and will boot on the first offense.

Know your skill level

If you can't tell a FW-190 from a P-39, perhaps a
no-icon server isn't for you. These things come with time. If you're in a
server where you're hopelessly lost or having so much difficulty that it's no
fun, then give a "Salute!" and move on. There's no patented "right" way to
play the game.

Matching plane sets

Many dogfight servers are "all planes," meaning that
just about every plane in the sim is available. Look to see who's flying what
by pressing the S key once you've started out, in order to see what folks
are flying. If fifteen of sixteen players are all in 1942 planes, perhaps you
should rethink your selection of the ME-262 or LA-7. It's not "wrong" to
pick a plane that's "superior" to the others, but you'll find that everyone will
appreciate you being a good sport.

Play as part of a team

Just because you find yourself in a dogfight server
doesn't mean you can't show some team spirit! Fly along with others on
your side, escort a bomber, call for help and let folks know where the bad
guys are. Assist in kills, watch the other fellow's six, take out anti-air guns,
and get in the game. You'll not only make everyone glad you're there, you'll
have more fun. If others don't want to play as part of a team, ignore them
and find others that do. In coop missions, team play will be essential to
achieving the mission goals.

Salute!

Typing Salute!, <S>, S! or the "russified" C! into the chat buffer
indicates that you are saluting the other players. This is not only a greeting,
but also a common response after shooting someone down or being shot
down yourself. It means the battle was won fairly, that you respect the
other player even though, for example, you just fooled them into diving
after you and losing all of their control surfaces, or that you respect the fact
that they fooled you into diving too fast! It can also mean, "No hard feelings,
I'll get you the next time!" "Good gravy, man, I'm in a TB-3. It's not like I
can maneuver out of the way of your head-on pass, try not to ram me next
time," "Great battle, I really thought you'd get me (or, I'd never get you)."

Pilots commonly salute when entering or leaving a server. In short, the
S! is a sign of respect to the host for putting up a server and to other pilots.
Keep in mind that it is not required"”you are not necessarily snubbing anybody
if you don't use it, nor is anyone else who doesn't use it snubbing you.
In addition, use of the S! is interpreted by some as gloating or smugness. It
isn't. If it is, shrug it off.

Shooting bailed pilots

While some think nothing bad of it, many players
do, particularly in scripted servers or tournaments. The best course of action
is to simply not shoot parachutes. It doesn't hurt or help you to do so. It
adds insult to injury for most people. Doing this is can get you booted on
some servers, and if you do it you take the risk of taking the fight beyond
the virtual skies.

Skill

Some players are very skillful. Others are not. Never tell someone
they stink at flying! If they do, they probably know it. Only offer help once;
nobody likes somebody critiquing them constantly in a game. If you stink at
it, don't worry about it. There are no cash prizes for shooting planes down,
just see improvement as an interesting challenge. Don't single out new or
poor players. Go after the more skillful first, and allow the inexperienced
pilot a chance to figure things out and learn that people fly differently than
the AI. If you can, help the other player out in non-verbal ways, such as using
maneuvers that they have a better chance of keeping up with and learning
from. Only taunt players whom you know well"”and be mild about it and
clearly humorous. Remember that messages in the chat don't always convey
your intended good humor.

Stealing kills

If you see two pilots fighting and one has the upper hand
(and is on your side), orbit around, take up a number-two slot behind him
or maneuver in a perpendicular plane to establish a higher energy state, but
don't shoot. Let the guy that has done all the work finish him off. You can
always ask if he needs help; chances are he'll say yes and move off so you
can get the shot. If you do shoot down a heavily damaged plane in a big
furball, consider typing "Salute! Team!" or something similar, which is a
very nice way of saying that it was you that put the last bullet in the plane,
but not most of them. You might also follow up with an explanation, such as
"That was XXX's kill, not mine. Great flying XXX!" You'll make friends and
be appreciated for it.

Squadrons

Those funny numbers and letters in front of everyone's names
represent virtual squadrons. A squadron is essentially a club of sorts where
guys get together at the same time and fly. Sometimes they practice with
each other. Squadrons allow you to gain entry into tournaments, online
wars, etc. They are often based on a historically unit or squadron, but not
always. There are players that just stick something in front of their names
to avoid looking like mercenaries. A mercenary is the term for independent
flyers as they're often invited to join tournaments as part of a squadron
without formally joining one.

If you see a coop forming that's all one squadron or has
"XXX Squad Practice" in the title of a dogfight server, ask before taking a
slot or when first joining it to find out whether you're welcome. If the server
is private it will probably be password-protected, but not always. Chances
are you will be welcome, but if they ask you to please not join, do so with
a "Salute!" (In this case the salute will be your secret code for saying "Fine,
you arrogant elitists, I'll go play elsewhere since you're not worthy of my
skills.") They'll remember you were respectful and chances are invite you
in next time. They might also invite you in to play the "spoiler" in their
server as they practice. Be warned, though, they're almost sure to be on
voice comms and are probably practicing team tactics"”you will most likely
be ganged up on. They may even invite you to join at some point, as most
squads recruit based on personality rather than skill.

In conclusion, just be nice, be yourself, relax, and have fun. Be respectful
of others, and they'll be respectful of you. And if all else fails, remember that
you can host servers and missions yourself!

Avont29
07-24-2007, 07:37 AM
yea, i dont really see too much of that in full real servers like zekes vs wildcats, and war clouds, although i've had encounters with some noob ukranian killstealers, that obviously couldn't speak/understand english, so they probally weren't understanding what i was saying.

334th, and skies of fire, complete air quake, i've had so many of my kills stolden, rammed into by numerous noobs who can't Boom and ZOom if there life depended on it, noobs who kamakazi the airbase with their plane(wtf..), shoulder shot so many times, im on the six of an enemy, here comes some noob spitfire/la user coming behind me, starts shooting over my shoulder, im banking left and right to avoid being filled with bullets, finally i pull of to avoid being killed

a lot of ppl in those arcade servers (SOF, 334th, big top) fly with no honor or respect at all

then they jump you like, they'll be like 5 planes on "1" target, and where are the teammates to help that target? nowhere to be found

i uploaded a video of me getting jumped by like 5 or 6 planes, there was no reason for 5 planes to be engaged on me

heres that video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8256346878847581796&hl=en

but in full real servers, its pretty good, you wont find too much of that stuff in warclouds or zekes, or wings over europe

ha enjoy that video ^^

notice that two of them crashed down with me..how pathetic

Mercwolf2
07-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Hi

I just started flying on-line and I try to follow these rules out of courtesy to the other players.

1) If I am having ISP issues I let the mission generator (server) know that i may get timed out.
2) I ask if I can join the mission and also let him know that I am a noob.
3) I salute everybody when I join the server out of courtesy and respect.
4)I realize that I am going to get blown out of the sky alot until I further my skills but that comes with practice and advice from other players.
5) I do not steal kills as the other player worked hard to get the advantage and he deserves the kill
6) I do not shoulder shoot for the same reason above and I am a bad aim so I wouldn't want to risk hitting my own team-mate.
7) I look at server options before I ask to join a server as I do not want to go where the flying is above my skill level.

I found that following these rules gives the respect the other players deserve and it also allows you to be included in future missions. It also helps in getting advice from other players as who wants to help a jerk.

Bearcat99
07-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by stalkervision:
and this is why I don't do multiplayer.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Multiplayer is fine.... lots of fun. A lot of it depends on how the server is run.

stalkervision
07-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stalkervision:

Multiplayer is fine.... lots of fun. A lot of it depends on how the server is run. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well BOBSOW is apparently getting a multi-player. It won't have your Mustang in it though.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Btw, I have seen too much nonsence in multiplayer games to totally believe you bearcat. I just hope BOB will be a bit different... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I hope as you say that our servers are good.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

My plane.."Greta"

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos238/1/97/89/45/8/2/208458997133_0_ALB.jpg

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos255/1/97/88/27/20/2/220278897133_0_ALB.jpg

greta is the girl in the pin-up, You can't have her, she's mine.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

Avont29
07-24-2007, 12:46 PM
another prime example, me and some buddies got to gether on comms and are flying in warclouds_wf, two of them are chasing a 190 on the deck, so im watching their six , some noob named "00rion" or something like that, comes on my six and starts shooting me, a team mate all the way in the back on comms was telling me it was a friendly shooting me, so im banking left and right to avoid being shot, no one was in front of me, but more team mates who were chasing a 190, so im being filled with holes, yelling over the chat "STOP FRIENDLY TARGET", and he's still shooting, so i catch an oil leak, wings and plane frame filled with holes, and a fuel leak too, i couldn't see my 6, so im limping, bleeding to death back home, flying about 1,000 feet trying to make it back to base, when this idiot rams into me, kills me and him, and the server says i killed him, and "I" get kick-banned yet this guy is still in server, no ban no nothing, and i can't even get registered on warclouds forums to report this idiot

noobs from those easy arcade servers are slowly migrating to full real servers, admin need to enforce there rules and ban these idiots

its real messed up, these noobs are infesting good servers like zeke vs wildcat and warclouds, this is the first real noob encounter i've had ina full real server

SeaFireLIV
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Avont29:

its real messed up, these noobs are infesting good servers like zeke vs wildcat and warclouds, this is the first real noob encounter i've had ina full real server

What I hate about these incidents is that these new guys, trying no icon, cockpit servers get so fixated on you when they think they have an enemy that even when you type, "Don`t shoot! FRIENDLY!" (which is pretty hard to do when being shot at) they pay no heed to the text flashing at them.

willyvic
07-24-2007, 02:26 PM
...its real messed up, these noobs are infesting good servers like zeke vs wildcat and warclouds, this is the first real noob encounter i've had ina full real server

Z vs W is getting to be a real goat rope of a server. Wrong markings, discos, kill steals, shoulder shooting, you name it and it's raising its ugly head. Perhaps the Admins are overwhelmed, I don't know.

Still the only game in town for full switch and pacific combat though.

WV

Capt.LoneRanger
07-24-2007, 02:42 PM

Odd statement. If you take it seriously, you couldn't leave the room, because there are some person who will eventuall treat you unfair.

But going out is not the answer. Playing fair nevertheless is.

Divine-Wind
07-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawgdog:

I particularly like this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

But it`s good stuff, the ones who are making stupid responses here are most probably those that typically don`t fly right online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by na85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawgdog:
I'm 48, self employed,a 40 acre farm, pitbulls and I have a 6 year old who does often sit on my lap and ask "are we red daddy"?

They say the first thing to go with age is tolerance.

Just because someone is young, doesn't mean they swear, spam, etc. Just because someone swears/spams doesn't mean they're young.

I know many people who are about your age, and who act like children.

I'd dissect your post, but someone already has. The 48-year-old self employed parent is using slurs about sexual preferences and genders! Excellent! Very mature for your age!

And then, when confronted with a rebuttal that they can't deny, out comes the mature and witty responses worthy of 48 years of experience and intellect:

I resent your stereotyping. I am 22 years old and I fly respectively, I obey the rules of the server(s) in which I fly, and I don't kill-steal, shoulder-shoot, spam the chat bar, or take off perpendicular to the runways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you're not a nancy boy, quit yer whinin' and grow a sense of humor! The guy was trying to post a few etiquet pointers and do it with a little humor so it wasn't a *****y rant or boring as he||. Remember, if your denouncing an accusation of wahmbulance, you're nine times out of ten driving the darn thing!

Hawgdog
07-24-2007, 04:13 PM
"Don`t shoot! FRIENDLY!" they pay no heed to the text flashing at them.

I believe that was covered in the "SWEARING-ANTAGONIZING-SPAMMING THE CHAT BAR" LOL
Isnt the default chat bar only half the width of the page, and one line?
speed type line 7 is "I AM ON YOUR TEAM"

Remember, if your denouncing an accusation of wahmbulance, you're nine times out of ten driving the darn thing! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

SeaFireLIV
07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Y`know, I`d forgotten all about that. If in an emergency(like friend shooting me) and the guy isn`t on comms I just hit the ` key and type as fast as possible!

Ccrashh
07-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by willyvic:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avont29:
...its real messed up, these noobs are infesting good servers like zeke vs wildcat and warclouds, this is the first real noob encounter i've had ina full real server

Z vs W is getting to be a real goat rope of a server. Wrong markings, discos, kill steals, shoulder shooting, you name it and it's raising its ugly head. Perhaps the Admins are overwhelmed, I don't know.

WV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're working on this. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Ccrashh
1st Horseman

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Hello, a tutorial to help new shooters and players to the game:
Things that will get you kicked out of a server and ridiculed in public. And probably banned.

Shoulder Shooting You come cranking in BEHIND someone who is shooting and fire over the top of, under neath or next to the guy who was there first. Think of it like a school lunch line and if you take the food off that guys tray you dont make friends. He was there first.
Wait until he breaks off then cut in.

Team Killing If you're so frazzling stupid this needs explained, go find a first person shooter Doom server and sniff glue.

The bad guy is in flames or, in MORE than one piece This next one should get you banned from all servers and flogged. SOMEONE else does all the work and like a complete baffoon you think, "hey, I'll shovel a couple of machine gun rounds into that burning, flaming, smoking multiple chunks of an airplane to see:" ENEMY AIRCRAFT DESTROYED...hey, look at me, "I got one!" Its called "KILL STEALING" boys and girls, and the ultimate calling sign of a quake server. Classic in those daisey chain red/blue/red/blue/red/blue/red/blue/red/blue servers where you see HUGE blue and red arrows as soon as you spawn even tho they are 20 kilometers away (thats miles, so the rest of the world understands this)

Adjust it down to show about 4 lines. Dont swear, dont call someone a ***, dont clutter up the dam chat bar. Some of use it to actually communicate with others in a polite fashion. To find out, oh, where someone has found a treasure trove of targets, or needs help. Some of us have children (yes- just because you are young and live in your parents basement dont assume everone else does. I'm 48, self employed,a 40 acre farm, pitbulls and I have a 6 year old who does often sit on my lap and ask "are we red daddy"? "yes, son, we are not flying uber blue one shot panzy wonders tonight" So reading F this F that you this you that only makes most of us want to get your IP, track you down some dark rainy night and hope you clean up all the blood splatters before you get back ho...ooops http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif sorry...just kidding. But many of us do take our couple of hours after the kids/spouse go to bed seriously as our major entertainment and dont want it mucked up.

LEARN TO FLY OFFLINE! Look, NONE of us mind someone asking "hey, how do I get off the carrier deck' or "wheres my score" or "the wheel things dont come up in the I-16" I cant get the engines started in this 110 etc etc ad nauseum
Learn to fly offline before going online. I mean, you sat in daddies car and varrroooom varroom varroooom a few times before twisting the key, eh? Learn the game on your own time.
And nothing will vilify you faster than hopping into a precious jet, or heavy cannon plane in those server that limit plane sets and blowing up FOUR Me-262's in a row and typing into the chat bar "wow, these things catch fire easily"

And a host of other things, taking off straight across the airfield instead of using the lanes is courteous.
Some one shoots a bad guy off your tail, then you run away as he gets jumped by three bad guys, taking off and getting right on the tail of someone you dont know because you think its cool to fly in formation so radar wont see two targets, when someone steals your kill you shoot them down- two wrongs dont make a right etc
I'm sure theres more, but off to life.

Dawg out

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Glad someone finally said it!!!

S!

stalkervision
07-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stalkervision:

Odd statement. If you take it seriously, you couldn't leave the room, because there are some person who will eventuall treat you unfair.

But going out is not the answer. Playing fair nevertheless is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

odd statement hardy but yours is a bit questionable.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I have a lot of experiance in many multplayer games where team work is suppose to be paramount. I find when there are two sides involved and people resort to these behaviors the game loses much if not all of the enjoyment for me.

In aircraft sims I find these behavior especially intolerable. One can play fair all one wants but when this behavior rears it's ugly head it is not the people that play fair that are the problem....

SeaFireLIV
07-24-2007, 05:41 PM
In aircraft sims I find these behavior especially intolerable. One can play fair all one wants but when this behavior rears it's ugly head it is not the people that play fair that are the problem....

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again. This is why every good sim needs a good offline AI fighters and offline Campaign. I like fighting online, but when the shenagins begins and you have no trustworthy team m8s it`s a breath of fresh air to fly unimpeded by silliness offline with an AI that really does think it`s fighting a desparate war in WWII!

To be honest I technically prefer offline to online, but playing against Humans does win when they fly like they`re serious.

stalkervision
07-24-2007, 05:58 PM

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again. This is why every good sim needs a good offline AI fighters and offline Campaign. I like fighting online, but when the shenagins begins and you have no trustworthy team m8s it`s a breath of fresh air to fly unimpeded by silliness offline with an AI that really does think it`s fighting a desparate war in WWII!

To be honest I technically prefer offline to online, but playing against Humans does win when they fly like they`re serious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't agree more..! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

danjama
07-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey i'm serious about flying and consider myself a skilled il2 combat pilot, anyone wanna send me 1946 so i can install it on this damn PC and fly online again? I just cant afford it right now....

On a serious note though, yea we have all these problems online but when you have a good one it is damn good...coops come to mind. I mean also, there is nothing like hosting your own game and filling it with friends you KNOW are good pilots and will respect each flyer and give a good fight. If any idiots join you can kick them or help them where possible. If you can't host, you can find a reliable server or a friend who does host decent games (Hey Aviar http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif). Dogfight servers are not the be all and end all either....but they're not all that bad anyway! I always found the time of day to be significant.

Dagnabit
07-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Hawgdog,
I dont fly online myself, (yet) but what you are saying makes perfect sense to me.
So called "common courtesy" is no longer so common as it once was.
There will always be those that have no respect for others, because they never learned respect for themselves.
And the last time I checked we still had free speech in this country. Those that dont understand that, or dont hold with it are completely ignorable.

Good Post
Dag

stalkervision
07-24-2007, 06:45 PM
What are people opinions of the upcoming maddox "SOW" series ????

From the details so far I see it as primarily a multiplayer series all be it a hugely expanded one incompassing many different theaters of war. I believe single player will be a very seconday consideration..

danjama
07-24-2007, 06:49 PM
what makes you believe that stalker?

stalkervision
07-24-2007, 06:56 PM
because apparently everything from anti-aircraft guns to cars to EVERYTHING is being modeled with working gear! I believe these extra features will be used as added multiplayer features sort of like the original battlefield 1942.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

danjama
07-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Good point, and adding to this, i would just plainly like to hear some information from the dev team about how the single player will have evolved. There doesnt seem to be anything on it around, not much anyway! I pray offline will be more entertaining.

stalkervision
07-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by danjama:
Good point, and adding to this, i would just plainly like to hear some information from the dev team about how the single player will have evolved. There doesnt seem to be anything on it around, not much anyway! I pray offline will be more entertaining.

I wish this exact thing too but I am truly afraid it won't be.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

the whole "series thing" has me more then a bit suspicious.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

danjama
07-24-2007, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danjama:

I wish this exact thing too but I am truly afraid it won't be.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

the whole "series thing" has me more then a bit suspicious.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Why suspisious?

Here is a thought of mine. Considering this new sim will be based on BoB at first, and BoB included long flights to target areas for both sides, then ignoring the idea of airstarts, flight times will be of considerable length, this makes me believe the offline aspect will be much improved, everything from briefings to squadron management. Of course this is pure theory, and probably BS coming from me.

Avont29
07-24-2007, 08:09 PM
playing this game offline is c nono, the AI are super, theres no point in playing offline, with the AI being so damn bad

i dotn even fly coops that much, im usally in dogfight servers, sometimes i try online wars

willyvic
07-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Ccrashh:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by willyvic:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avont29:

WV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ccrashh
1st Horseman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries bro. Still have a great time there. Please be assured that I have not had a "bad experience" on the site. Just pointing out the influx of the quake wars gang is starting to impact the server. I wish you and the rest luck with admining those nose picking marooons.

So, to reiterate, it is still the only (read best) game in town for full switch and pacific combat.

regards,
WV

neural_dream
07-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Still complaining about online behaviour in IL2 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

For those who have played so much online that forget what it's all about:

IF you are very lucky there'll be say 20 players each side:

5 will be n00bs
7 will dogfight at 2-3km altitute at the almost predetermined location (the middle of the line that connects the two enemy airfields)
5 will be loitering at 5-7km and occasionally BnZ. Three of them will belong to the same squad and will be very happy for their superior tactics and camaraderie.
1 will be in a ki43 or I153 to bait n00bs and then make fun of them in the chat and the forums
2 will do jabo operations and die 5-6 times before the mission ends. Until then they will have killed 30% of the enemy targets and will have made no difference in the actual mission, just like all the rest.

and they will all have fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. Talking about tedious multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif.

Avont29
07-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by neural_dream:
Still complaining about online behaviour in IL2 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

5 will be n00bs
7 will dogfight at 2-3km altitute at the almost predetermined location (the middle of the line that connects the two enemy airfields)
5 will be loitering at 5-7km and occasionally BnZ. Three of them will belong to the same squad and will be very happy for their superior tactics and camaraderie.
1 will be in a ki43 or I153 to bait n00bs and then make fun of them in the chat and the forums
2 will do jabo operations and die 5-6 times before the mission ends. Until then they will have killed 30% of the enemy targets and will have made no difference in the actual mission, just like all the rest.

and they will all have fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. Talking about tedious multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif.

...you are an idiot and pulled those numbers out of your arse. What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read that. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

neural_dream
07-24-2007, 10:11 PM
...you are an idiot and pulled those numbers out of your arse.

Indeed

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read that.
You must be a forumn00b

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
and religious too.

RAF74_Raptor
07-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Avont that is now my signature on a naother forum

Swivet
07-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Hmm,full real servers? yet you cant shoot a plane on the ground. Ya think any of those real leathernecks gave a rats hole if the enemy was taking off or not? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I understand about this being a game and its not something i like to do is vulch some poor slob on the ground, but hey ya wanna label yourselves as "full real" then theirs gonna be some dumb kid who gets his jolly's off on killing that guy that's trying to take off..And on that note, he will be banned...lol

MrMojok
07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Also sounds like some lines from a movie.

Crash_Moses
07-24-2007, 10:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neural_dream:

5 will be n00bs

...you are an idiot and pulled those numbers out of your arse. What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read that. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yet he managed to say it without insulting anybody. C'mon, Avont, this isn't like you... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Maybe we should start a discussion on forum etiquette.

Avont29
07-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Swivet:
Hmm,full real servers? yet you cant shoot a plane on the ground. Ya think any of those real leathernecks gave a rats hole if the enemy was taking off or not? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I understand about this being a game and its not something i like to do is vulch some poor slob on the ground, but hey ya wanna label yourselves as "full real" then theirs gonna be some dumb kid who gets his jolly's off on killing that guy that's trying to take off..And on that note, he will be banned...lol

actually vulching on most full real servers are allowed, hell you can kamakazi the base all you want, but as soon as you die 3 times on warclouds you get kick banned for like 15 minutes, that'll teach you to care more about your pilots life

Matz0r
07-25-2007, 02:07 AM
WoP servers has been really infested lately. Newbs who can't take off from the carriers refuse to leave the flight deck, pilots completely ignoring the mission objectives and morons teamkilling purposely over and over, h3ll I've even been teamkilled by a WoP admin http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Avont29
07-25-2007, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Ccrashh:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by willyvic:

WV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ccrashh
1st Horseman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what exactly are you working on? search the logs for july 25, 2007 for some guy named 00rion or something of that sort, and put him on the ban list, i have plenty of witnesses also, this can't keep happening or the MP for this game will be trashed

SeaFireLIV
07-25-2007, 03:07 AM
Hey i'm serious about flying and consider myself a skilled il2 combat pilot, anyone wanna send me 1946 so i can install it on this damn PC and fly online again? I just cant afford it right now....

Hmmmm. And that is supposed to mean what?

danjama
07-25-2007, 03:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danjama:

Hmmmm. And that is supposed to mean what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you seeming so offensive seafire?

It was just a humorous comment, based on this discussion which is about the lack of skilled pilots or just too many new pilots with no idea how to play online, so i pointed out that i have plenty of online experience if anyone wanted to help me back into the online world http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It's just a joke mate. What did you take it to mean??

SeaFireLIV
07-25-2007, 03:20 AM

It's just a joke mate. What did you take it to mean??

Ok, just thought it was to do with something else I had to deal with recently. Sorry.

Damn this is not a good start to the day... 2 apologies already!

danjama
07-25-2007, 04:25 AM
No worries http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Xiolablu3
07-25-2007, 04:30 AM
Stalkervision is here to advertise BOB2 WOV and try and put down Maddox games.

You notice it in every post he makes.

I guess they must be really desperate for sales. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Online is great fun, howveer sometimes it can degenerate when you get a lot of idiots online. Just like some nights when you go to the pub/clubs, most of the time its cool, but other times you meet some pr*cks who are just a**holes.

Its no reason to stop going out?!?

Multiplayer IL2 is still a fantastic experience, and certainly 10 times the fun of any offline sim, but what Dawg is saying is that it would be even better if everyone understood the ettiquitte and server rules which are there tomake it fun for all, not just a few selfish people. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hawgdog
07-25-2007, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by neural_dream:
and will have made no difference in the actual mission, just like all the rest.

and they will all have fun

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif How very true!! No fun, no game!

...you are an idiot and pulled those numbers out of your arse. What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read that. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Oh my, got out of the wrong side of the bed have we? On the contrary, I found his post humorous, and witty. Your post made Baby Jesus cry, be ashamed.

Thanks Xiolablu3, I guess this post is like algebra....either you got it right away, or you blame the book

Hawgdog
07-25-2007, 05:19 AM
A photo tutorial that is a non offensive PC version from another server (UKded series uno duex, and ****) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Not quite done yet, but should do what I intended, give some newer fliers an idea of what is to be expected in servers where you might not realize dozens of folks have been flying together for several years.

You will need to substitute the * for the letter A
http://www.petetuson.com/cr*p/noob/noob.htm[/QUOTE] (http://www.petetuson.com/cr*p/noob/noob.htm%5B/QUOTE%5D)

stalkervision
07-25-2007, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
Stalkervision is here to advertise BOB2 WOV and try and put down Maddox games.

You notice it in every post he makes.

I guess they must be really desperate for sales. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Online is great fun, howveer sometimes it can degenerate when you get a lot of idiots online. Just like some nights when you go to the pub/clubs, most of the time its cool, but other times you meet some pr*cks who are just a**holes.

Its no reason to stop going out?!?

Multiplayer IL2 is still a fantastic experience, and certainly 10 times the fun of any offline sim, but what Dawg is saying is that it would be even better if everyone understood the ettiquitte and server rules which are there tomake it fun for all, not just a few selfish people. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ahhh noo, Do you have stock in Ubisoft? Worried your shares will go down? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Don't worry,they won't... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Pss.. BOB sales just keep getting better and better and better. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

They are now developing a "multiplayer version" but if past experiance are any indication this will soon degenerate into what most if not all multplayers eventially become. I won't put up with that on any flight sim including bob..

In some multiplayer games I have put up with a certain amount of this nonsense but it soon dragged me down so much I eventially quit them even though I had previously like them quite a lot.

In combat flight sim games I find this behavior especially intolerable. I will leave them to you if you enjoy your team-mates team killing you and shooting you in your parachute if you like. I find the aggravation just isn't worth it IMO. One incident like this leaves me disgusted for days literally..

actually Il-2 multiplayer is far from "ten times more fun then any off-line sim" You just haven't been around enough. Now you sound like some sort of "fan boy".. If your talking about Il-2 off-line though I see your point though.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Psss..when you find that behavior in a bar you just find a better establishment to visit. One where the back stabbing and drunk rolling is non-existant... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Avont29
07-25-2007, 05:57 AM
whats the big deal over BOB:WOV? i mean, its OK, its not like the 8th wonder or anything

the AI is excellent, superb
the game sounds are really excellent
the clickable cockpits are what i like the most

but on the flip sound, the graphics aren't as good as il2

and wassup with the damn collisions in BOB:WOV? you crash into an enemy had on, and all that happens if you plane's left wing gets clipped, and you plummel down with your screen filled with red

also that campaign thingy is so damn confusing, like wtf...

if only you transfered al those good things about BOB:WOV, and put them in il2, il2 would be definately be the sim of all time

stanford-ukded
07-25-2007, 06:00 AM
A photo tutorial that is a non offensive PC version from another server (UKded series uno duex, and ****) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Not quite done yet, but should do what I intended, give some newer fliers an idea of what is to be expected in servers where you might not realize dozens of folks have been flying together for several years.

You will need to substitute the * for the letter A
http://www.petetuson.com/cr*p/noob/noob.htm (http://www.petetuson.com/cr*p/noob/noob.htm%5B/QUOTE%5D)[/QUOTE]

Now available in UBI friendly format:

http://www.petetuson.com/stuff/ukd-guide.htm

WIP, btw.

stalkervision
07-25-2007, 06:18 AM
whats the big deal over BOB:WOV? i mean, its OK, its not like the 8th wonder or anything

the AI is excellent, superb
the game sounds are really excellent
the clickable cockpits are what i like the most

>> Noop It sure isn't, no combat flight sim is yet..On the plus side the games Ai is the most excellent one I have ever played in a combat flight sim and I have owned them all. You just have to try it after trying the rest to find out.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <<<

but on the flip sound, the graphics aren't as good as il2

> actually the "air graphics" are superior to il-2.. <

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos255/1/97/78/68/80/5/580687897133_0_ALB.jpg

and wassup with the damn collisions in BOB:WOV? you crash into an enemy had on, and all that happens if you plane's left wing gets clipped, and you plummel down with your screen filled with red

> when the screen fills with red you are dead.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif I just set collisions off is all. I have never had much of problem with them either way..<

also that campaign thingy is so damn confusing, like wtf...

>The campaign is confusing. I just fly the historical mission primarily. There is plently of excitment for me in them I can tell you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif<

if only you transfered al those good things about BOB:WOV, and put them in il2, il2 would be definately be the sim of all time

> I have been saying this for a whole long time too!!< http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

I am hoping SOW will have the best of both worlds in single player. I am afraid it will be primarliy a multiplayer game from what I have read.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Poker_4H
07-25-2007, 07:08 AM

what exactly are you working on? search the logs for july 25, 2007 for some guy named 00rion or something of that sort, and put him on the ban list, i have plenty of witnesses also, this can't keep happening or the MP for this game will be trashed

Great .... at what date/time did you send a PM to the WoP admins regarding this ? Or did you just come on here and post it ... !

Got track ?
No offence ... but the admins don't know you from Adam ... perhaps if I came on here and made this statement:
"Avont29 TK'ed me on Zekes ... ban him !"
Should the admins take action based on an accusation placed on the zoo of all places ?

And I'm still trying to find Avont under the players stats .......was that Zekes or Spits ?

Simple fact is - with '46 coming out there are a number of new people entering the servers.
Should we shun them because they're noobs ???
Or, allow them the odd mistake, help them to learn, and just perhaps they will be come the ones who take on the leadership of helping new players further down the road.

F16-Matz ... Hell, I was probably the one who TK'ed you ... sorry ! and if I wasn't ... sorry anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I know that you never make a mistake, but... others do ...... Maybe you'll be able to one day accept that accidents happen every now and then, and forgive that admin .. and we can all fly in harmony once again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yes, that was a little sarcastic, I admit. I know you can deal with it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Crash_Moses
07-25-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Poker_4H:

Great .... at what date/time did you send a PM to the WoP admins regarding this ? Or did you just come on here and post it ... !

Got track ?
No offence ... but the admins don't know you from Adam ... perhaps if I came on here and made this statement:
"Avont29 TK'ed me on Zekes ... ban him !"
Should the admins take action based on an accusation placed on the zoo of all places ?

And I'm still trying to find Avont under the players stats .......was that Zekes or Spits ?

Simple fact is - with '46 coming out there are a number of new people entering the servers.
Should we shun them because they're noobs ???
Or, allow them the odd mistake, help them to learn, and just perhaps they will be come the ones who take on the leadership of helping new players further down the road.

F16-Matz ... Hell, I was probably the one who TK'ed you ... sorry ! and if I wasn't ... sorry anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I know that you never make a mistake, but... others do ...... Maybe you'll be able to one day accept that accidents happen every now and then, and forgive that admin .. and we can all fly in harmony once again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yes, that was a little sarcastic, I admit. I know you can deal with it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which begs the question...

I haven't flown on-line recently but I used to spend a lot of time on ZvW many moons ago. I never experienced anything as bad as what is being described here.

Are we talking about folks who are simply unaware of their transgressions or are these repeat offenders who, despite patient instruction from experienced players, simply refuse to conform?

Matz0r
07-25-2007, 07:30 AM
I know that you never make a mistake, but... others do ...... Maybe you'll be able to one day accept that accidents happen every now and then, and forgive that admin .. and we can all fly in harmony once again. Smile

You forgot the </sarcasm>... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It was not a mistake, it was intentional. I get TK by mistake a lot but I let it go, stuff like that happen all the time. But the intentional ones puts me off, especially by admins who admit it was on purpose.

Poker_4H
07-25-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by F16_Matz_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I know that you never make a mistake, but... others do ...... Maybe you'll be able to one day accept that accidents happen every now and then, and forgive that admin .. and we can all fly in harmony once again. Smile

You forgot the </sarcasm>... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It was not a mistake, it was intentional. I get TK by mistake a lot but I let it go, stuff like that happen all the time. But the intentional ones puts me off, especially by admins who admit it was on purpose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please PM me on WoP forums about this.

Avont29
07-25-2007, 07:47 AM
this happened in warclouds not zekes

by the way my name is known as -[Ox]- on hyperlobby and in game

Poker_4H
07-25-2007, 07:51 AM
this happened in warclouds not zekes

by the way my name is known as -[Ox]- on hyperlobby and in game

AH, I see ... I asked because you responded to Crash ... who is WoP (Zekes vs Wildcats, Spits vs 109 servers)

Thanks,

NancyBoyOnYer6
07-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Did someone call me? http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif