PDA

View Full Version : Select engines/toggle engines

DmdSeeker
01-01-2008, 05:46 PM
What's the difference in the controls list?

What does toggle left engine do?

Bearcat99
01-01-2008, 05:49 PM
It tuns the left engine on and off... same as toggle engine does for single engined AC... I dont use that command.. I use select L or R engine and toggle engine and select all engines.. Select left start it.. select R start it.. then select both and cycle the throttle real quick to synch then up.

Stiletto-
01-01-2008, 07:10 PM
I have a G25 racing wheel, and while I don't use its gated 6 speed shifter much for racing (as paddle shifting is much faster), I find it is great for IL2. I put it in first gear to select engine one, start it up, throw it straight down into 2nd gear, engine 2 is now selected, start her up. Then I throw it all the way over and down into 6th gear, now both are selected and the throttles are now linked and ready for take off!

If I get shot up, I can easily shift it back into the engine 2 slot, power it down and feather it if needed, then shift into the engine 1 slot and just control that engine, very quickly.

DmdSeeker
01-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the replies, that's pretty much how I've always done it.

But I got a Saitek yoke and throttle for Christmas, plus I'm keeping my Saitek X52 throtle connected.

So now I have more axis and buttons than you can shake a stick at http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And I was wondering, seeing as I've never really explored all the toggle #4 and similar control mappings what they all do.

What's the _Ultimate_ control mapping mow that I've 11 axis and over 200 buttons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

na85
01-02-2008, 11:06 AM
The ultimate control mappting would be to put everything on your HOTAS.

I'd say use one throttle for power, one for prop pitch, and then put everything else on sliders.... flaps, brakes, mixture, all 3 trims..

You'll probably run out of functions before you run out of axes.

Does IL2 allow FOV to be mapped to a slider?

BrotherVoodoo
01-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Does IL2 allow FOV to be mapped to a slider?

Nope.

OMK_Hand
01-02-2008, 12:01 PM
"Does IL2 allow FOV to be mapped to a slider?"

If you have a saitek X52 or comparable with programming software, you could configure the slider as 'Bands' rather than 'Axis', and assign a band to each view key...