PDA

View Full Version : Auto kick for cheat or lag even on dsl and cable

CAPT_COTTON
03-13-2005, 05:09 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gifcotton8842@msn.com

A small thougth that when you put a {0} in your file il8n, then in folder net messages at beginning of second line on the user_cheating 1 thur 3 lines, lo and behold in the game online you see the players names causing the lag in game
In the game online a host can set it up to auto kick the player if pings go over certain levels.This is well and good but it does not kick the bad lager just the high pinger.
The point i am trying to make is that the people on cable and dsl who have low pings that arent listed in the player list in lobby,will have there names listed in game as cheaters but the auto kicks high pings not the one with the dirty or low end pc or toooo low memery that is the one causeing the lag to begin with.

Flyers on phonelines or 57kbps or going to have high pings compared to dsl or cable and we get blame and kicked but game still laging.
What we need is a way to combine the name {o} message to the auto kick with a message that your pc is dirty or too small and need some work so you can enjoy flying along with the others [ok that is toooo long]
I am on 57kpbs and thats all that i can get no dsl and no cable yet [probley by 2050 it will be out here] i run a very clean pc and it is striped of all programs and on HL i get 120 to 160 pings and on ubi i get 200 to 300 pings i very rareley see lag or studders or jitters or what ever you call them Now about 50% of america is still 57kbps and they would like to clean pc and fly but the dsl that does not clean and causes the problem is going to fly and the other part of flyers will get upset and no longer come back.
Need way to kick all laggers [cheats] and not just a few then we have clear skys and great flying[well it sounded good]
There is the misconception that if i have all the fast broadband i need ,no need to clean pc ---well its the processer that runs the plane and you need to tune up its eng before you fly
Thanks for putting up with me.<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

Jetbuff
03-13-2005, 09:16 PM
FYI, ping is not as dependant on bandwidth as you think - 56kbps can have better ping than cable/dsl. Second, maxlag is being detected anyway in addition to maxping regardless of the cause.

JG54_Arnie
03-14-2005, 05:21 AM
User with a low end PC will end up causing the cheating message. When I have a big stutter, I sometimes show up on the cheating detected message. Luckily this barely ever happens, but it means that if someone tries to fly with a PC that cant hack it, his stuttering will get him kicked anyways.

And if you have a high ping to a server because you're on the other side of the world, lagging happens a lot sooner as anything can happen with your packages along the way across the globe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So I suppose its better to be close to a server with a high end computer, than being on a low end computer with high speed internet.

Troll2k
03-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Autokick and max ping kick are not the same thing.Although both are automatic.

Autokick detects lag(or packet loss) and max ping detects high ping.It is up to the host to adjust both of these.

Since both kicks are automatic the host does not need to see names of offenders as the machine detects the problem and automatically deals with it.

HelSqnProtos
03-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Can someone point me to the auto ping kick command. I have been searching forever. I have the one for dedicated server courtesy of CrazyIvan but can someone give me the command for autokic when hosting from your own machine?