PDA

View Full Version : Gray Wolves crashes whilst using navigation map

jlmurc
07-14-2006, 11:04 AM
I am hoping that somebody may be able to shed some light on a problem that I have. Having taken weeks to get hold of the Dray Wolves 1.1, I have reinstalled SH3, updated to 1.4 and then installed GW1.1.
Every thing looks great, but when using the navigation map for course planning, what else, I keep getting a lock up, the easiest way to clear it is a soft reboot. This has only happened since the reinstall as SH3, the updates and SH Commander mods have all worked flawlessly as indeed did the first verion of Gray Wolves. Does any kind soul or expert commander have any suggestions?

P4 - 3ghz, 256 Nvidea 6800, 1.5 gig RAM, win XP to SP2 and all later patches.

Hopefully somebody will advise me how to fix my boat.

John

jlmurc
07-14-2006, 11:04 AM
I am hoping that somebody may be able to shed some light on a problem that I have. Having taken weeks to get hold of the Dray Wolves 1.1, I have reinstalled SH3, updated to 1.4 and then installed GW1.1.
Every thing looks great, but when using the navigation map for course planning, what else, I keep getting a lock up, the easiest way to clear it is a soft reboot. This has only happened since the reinstall as SH3, the updates and SH Commander mods have all worked flawlessly as indeed did the first verion of Gray Wolves. Does any kind soul or expert commander have any suggestions?

P4 - 3ghz, 256 Nvidea 6800, 1.5 gig RAM, win XP to SP2 and all later patches.

Hopefully somebody will advise me how to fix my boat.

John

Celeon999
07-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Hmmm. Have you recently changed something on your system like any drivers or such things ?

jlmurc
07-14-2006, 03:50 PM
No, Only uninstalled SH3 and the mods that were there and then reinstalled and patched for gray wolves.

John

hueywolf123
07-16-2006, 04:29 PM
When you uninstalled SHIII, did you go right through your system and clean out all SHIII files? not just from your C:\ drive but your documents folder as well? It sounds like a conflict error of some sort causing a lock-up.
If you have the patience, uninstall again, go through explorer and delete all SHIII folders & files. Defrag, reboot, reinstall + repatch, then reinstall GW and see if this helps