PDA

View Full Version : ai bomber rear gunners..can you "kill" them ?

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 11:18 AM
i was wondering whilst trying to take down a few bombers in the qmb last night, is it possible with a well aimed shots to stop the gunners from firing?

"The path to wisdom is a long one...only after being able to take off, fly a circuit, take out 4 passing bombers, without sustaining damage and land again...will I have taken the first step."

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 11:18 AM
i was wondering whilst trying to take down a few bombers in the qmb last night, is it possible with a well aimed shots to stop the gunners from firing?

"The path to wisdom is a long one...only after being able to take off, fly a circuit, take out 4 passing bombers, without sustaining damage and land again...will I have taken the first step."

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Yes, it's indeed possible to kill them.

If you switch on the tag Arcade=1 in your Il2 or FB conf.ini, you'll be able to see exactly where bullets are impacting on enemy craft.

A good few body shots are usually enough to break through any cockpit armor and kill a pilot or gunner.

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 11:34 AM
It is possible, but requiers more luck than skill.

I usually attack TB-3 bombers from above and kill the crew. It's much easier to do than to attack from below in order to blast the fuselage.

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 11:38 AM
thanks for the replies guys. guess i'll just have to keep blasting away.