PDA

View Full Version : no catapult take off?

Dr_Schmerz
12-14-2004, 06:07 AM
Hi all,

for me, the reason for buying Pacific Fighters was the carrier take off and landing.

Does anybody know why there is no catapult take off modeled? I can see a catapult track on some of the carriers but you cant use it. Anybody knows?

VVS-Manuc
12-14-2004, 06:14 AM
It's the best to ask Oleg Maddox himself why things are modelled as they are.

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Makes me wonder also... Where the catapult commonly used or, did they came in the late 40's to aid the new jet aircraft in taking off?

CKY_86
12-14-2004, 03:58 PM
there were used quite earlly on i think any way ive seen a clip of a wildcat taking off using the catipult

J30Vader
12-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Until mid 43, the fast carriers made little use of their catapults. In fact the CO of the USS Enterprise recommended that all catapults be removed.

And BTW, Japanese carriers did not use cats. The reason being that it slowed down flight ops too much.

You know how impatient people are when they get into a game. How many use the runway? If cats are modelled, you have to taxi to the cat, wait a bit for it to be hooked up, then you get launched. Meanwhile the impatient ones are just running down the flight deck. Collisions galore.

AlmightyTallest
12-14-2004, 10:19 PM
But what about us offliners?

eddiemac0
12-14-2004, 10:29 PM
The reason I would be so happy to have catapults included is because I'm a huge fan of seaplanes, and would love to be able to launch from the rear of a battleship or cruiser, but right now the only seaplane we have is the Rufe, so that is a bit of a pipe dream, and all requires way too much modeling to ever come true.

Dr_Schmerz
12-15-2004, 01:27 AM
Does anyone know if there is an official way to put a petition to the Maddox team? Maybe they give us the catapult as an option... I would love to have it.