PDA

View Full Version : The spear of Longinus *spoilers if you havent finished the other games*

vorenus73
06-16-2011, 07:49 AM
For those who are not familiar, the spear of Longinus is the spear that pierced Christ on the cross.

Throughout history, leaders have tried to get their hold on this relic, either for powers they believe it holds, or to strengthen their claim to the throne, or both. Constantine was the first, then Charlemagne said he had it, and I am pretty sure Napoleon and Hitler were after it too. There are currently three spearpoints in the world that people claim to be the real one.

Anyway, I saw this documentary on cable and one of them, the one currently in the Vatican (for the record, the Vatican makes no claims to its authenticity) was acquired in 1489 from... CONSTANTINOPLE. It was acquired by Pope Innocent VIII, who died 3 years later and was succeeded by Rodrigo Borgia. I am wondering if Ubisoft will say that the spear that Borgia has (the one he puts the apple on) contains this legendary spearpoint, perhaps it is a piece of Eden?

The documetary just got me thinking, once I heard that this was from Constantinople and that Ezio will be going there. I know the dates don't exactly match but the AC series has taken enough historical liberties before, why not again?

Inorganic9_2
06-16-2011, 08:21 AM
That's not a spear, it's the Papal Staff. The staff is a piece of eden.

El_Sjietah
06-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by vorenus73:
Anyway, I saw this documentary on cable and one of them, the one currently in the Vatican (for the record, the Vatican makes no claims to its authenticity) was acquired in 1489 from... CONSTANTINOPLE. It was acquired by Pope Innocent VIII, who died 3 years later and was succeeded by Rodrigo Borgia. I am wondering if Ubisoft will say that the spear that Borgia has (the one he puts the apple on) contains this legendary spearpoint, perhaps it is a piece of Eden?

That's not a spear, it's the Staff. Another PoE.

RzaRecta357
06-16-2011, 08:36 AM
My friend thinks that Nazis in the antarctic have it still since the 40s

iN3krO
06-16-2011, 08:36 AM
the spear may be a PoE but it's not what borgia is holding in Ac2...

rileypoole1234
06-16-2011, 10:56 AM
While I do believe the spearhead(or the full spear) is a piece of Eden, Rodrigo was holding the Staff of Eden.

Poodle_of_Doom
06-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Interesting take... Do you have a link to a youtube video of the documentary. I'd love to watch it as well...