PDA

View Full Version : which ports for beeing a server?

jbarelds
12-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi all,

I opened ports 21000 and 21010 but still no one can connect as i setup a server via the ubi lobby.

Can someone point me in the right direction what i have been overseen?

Thanks.

Grz. Johan

Troll2k
12-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Sorry but Ubi.com does not support hosting from behind a router.

jbarelds
12-30-2004, 03:43 PM
That was not my question.
Furthermore i didn't ask UBI this question but the
gaming enthousiasts in this forum.

Grz. Johan

BaldieJr
12-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Skim through the manual. If I'm not mistaken, there is a listing of the range of ports that must be open.

x6BL_Brando
12-30-2004, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>That was not my question.
Furthermore i didn't ask UBI this question but the
gaming enthousiasts in this forum. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was your question then? You are jumping to a strange conclusion or two. What Troll said is correct, and he is not UBI, he is another one of us "gaming enthousiasts in this forum".

You CANNOT host VIA the Ubi.com lobby from BEHIND a ROUTER = FACT

There is an online lobby where you can host from behind a router. Ask around, someone may tell you.

Troll2k
12-30-2004, 04:33 PM
I quote from your own post "as i setup a server via the ubi lobby."

jbarelds
12-31-2004, 04:36 AM
>You CANNOT host VIA the Ubi.com lobby from BEHIND >a ROUTER = FACT

I guess you don't have any technical knowledge haven't you? Everything is possible as long as you know how the protocol works. The description in the manual (port 21000 and 21010 TCP/UDP) wasn't sufficient so there is something more. Because there are a lot of handy guys around i would guess that someone had figured it out by now but probably this is not the case.

Grz. Johan

tB_Blueknight
12-31-2004, 07:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jbarelds:
>You CANNOT host VIA the Ubi.com lobby from BEHIND >a ROUTER = FACT

I guess you don't have any technical knowledge haven't you? Everything is possible as long as you know how the protocol works. The description in the manual (port 21000 and 21010 TCP/UDP) wasn't sufficient so there is something more. Because there are a lot of handy guys around i would guess that someone had figured it out by now but probably this is not the case.

Grz. Johan <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK when you and your infinite genius mind figure out how to do it. Please let the rest of us poor weak minded people know, especially the thousands who have tried to host behind a router using port forwarding, ect.

VBF-83_Hawk
12-31-2004, 09:56 AM
Same here http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=9821023852
its all greek to me.

Manos1
01-01-2005, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
its all greek to me... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I can not help either...
I use Hyperlobby LOL!

jbarelds
01-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Yo Manos,

You pointed me right to the information i was looking for.

I will put it here below so others can use it to. Especially the 43500 port is never mentioned in the PF manual and is the one i was looking for.

Grz. Johan

-------------
#

For Games That you Host and Provide the IP Address to your Friends, open the followng ports in your router/firewall/gateway: this is what I dont know how to do
- 21000 outgoing TCP
- 21000 outgoing UDP
- 21000 incoming TCP w/ Transparent Proxy to host PC IP Address
- 21000 incoming UDP w/ Transparent Proxy to host PC IP Address
- This type of connection only requires the IL-2 default port of 21000
- When you are done playing, I recommend closing them.

#

For Games That you Host through UbiSoft's Game Service at Ubi.com, open the followng ports in your router/firewall/gateway:
- 21000 outgoing TCP
- 21000 outgoing UDP
- 21000 incoming TCP w/ Transparent Proxy to host PC IP Address
- 21000 incoming UDP w/ Transparent Proxy to host PC IP Address
- 21010 outgoing TCP
- 21010 outgoing UDP
- 21010 incoming TCP w/ Transparent Proxy to host PC IP Address
- 21010 incoming UDP w/ Transparent Proxy to host PC IP Address
- 43500 outgoing TCP
- 43500 outgoing UDP
- 43500 incoming TCP w/ Transparent Proxy to host PC IP Address
- 43500 incoming UDP w/ Transparent Proxy to host PC IP Address
- This type of connection requires the IL-2 default port 21000, the Ubi default port for IL-2 sessions of 21010, and the Ubi File transfer port of 43500

- When you are done playing, I recommend closing them.

rwheele
01-16-2005, 07:44 PM
I have these ports open and I have tried and tried but no luck. Even tried my puter in DMZ. This should work but doesn't? What's the deal. Linksys router...

CreaseKeeper
01-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Having same problem as wheelie, all those ports are open, but something still isn't right and UBI isn't much help. so jbarelds if you got it to work, give us some more insight on how you did it. Anything beyond port opening?

-S-

WTE_Dukayn
01-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Try abusing the intelligence of people who have been around these forums for 3 years, seems to have worked for jbarelds

rwheele
01-21-2005, 04:17 PM
So after much trial an error and more head scratching...I'm thinking those that say it can't be done are correct.
I notice that guy isn't poking his head in this thread to gloat about how well he got it to work...lol.

Sux though. I can't believe all the talent that developed this game can't make it work....
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

rwheele
01-21-2005, 04:19 PM
He reminds me of a few guys I've worked with. "awe lemme show you how easy it is...well what you gotta do is...something must be wrong with YOUR puter...YOU musta screwed something up in the flux capacitor's ini...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Revolter_
01-21-2005, 04:37 PM
jbarelds,

Ok....were waiting, please post your results now.

CreaseKeeper
01-22-2005, 02:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rwheele:
He reminds me of a few guys I've worked with. "awe lemme show you how easy it is...well what you gotta do is...something must be wrong with YOUR puter...YOU musta screwed something up in the flux capacitor's ini...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, too funny....

It's annoying, either you can or can't, should be a simple answer... other UBI games can be hosted behind a router, why not this one?

-S-

skyiced
08-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Troll2k:
Sorry but Ubi.com does not support hosting from behind a router.

Thats not true at all.