View Full Version : Xbox Communicator Bug

09-30-2005, 02:05 PM
I know that a lot of other people are experiencing this, but I haven't seen a post in here about it.

The voices are going through my speakers and not my headset. I found the menu to change this option, but toggling between headset and speakers in this menu doesn't actually do anything and the voices still get piped through my speakers and not my headset.

10-01-2005, 04:12 PM
This happened to me at first, so i turned off my box and made sure the headset was plugged in right, then i turned it back on and it worked. Also try deleting your FC memory on the dashboard, that may work, but try the other method first.

10-01-2005, 10:53 PM
This has been an ongoing problem for me. My xbox has been power cycled many times in the past three days and it still persists. I'll try deleting FarCry data, that seems like a pretty good idea.

10-02-2005, 10:23 AM
in options where u change ur voice from speakers to headset it only has one option shown at a time does that mean that if it is showing voice through tv it is coming through speakers or does it mean that f you click on that and then it says voice through headset is it on speakers?

10-02-2005, 08:41 PM
indeed this is a problem.

but also the fact that a lot of times im able to hear my team mates but they cant hear me.
this happend to me and my buddies a lot.
(and its not always me they cant hear)

10-02-2005, 08:54 PM
If you unplug your headset the option will automatically update to "Voice through TV" and vice versa. There is no manual overide from what I can tell, which kinda blows if you want to wear headphones but still talk to people.

I believe there may be a bug involved. I fired up the game, went to the options, plugged in my headset and watched the output change to "communicator". But in-game the voice still came through the speakers (very quietly too). I had to quit right out of the game (no options on the in-game menu) and unplug the headset a few times before it would switch.