PDA

View Full Version : 1 Thing i don't like

ALTAIRXEZIO
06-19-2010, 09:38 PM
the game looks amazing (brotherhood, that is)

but 1 thing im not liking..

THE RIFLE...

the emergance of guns, in assassins creed, something us AC fans have feared for a long time......... i hope its not available weapon we have, and only the enimies can use it...

i think we might be able to use a bow and arrow, and the crossbow.. that would be okay, cause it still got that "OLD-Fashioned Warfare" feel....

im not liking that part...

hospitaller1
06-19-2010, 09:45 PM
They may have an indicator warning you if you're in the sights of a marksman or the Animus will have like laser pointer markers so you know if you're in trouble.

It could be like Uncharted 2 where you have to be quick and nimble to avoid gunfire from snipers. These are the first real firearms too, so they're probably really bad against a fast guy like Ezio

Xanatos2007
06-19-2010, 11:21 PM
I think my theory is correct about marksmen replacing archers: guns may do a bit more damage and are harder to dodge, but they have a longer reload time and consequently slower ROF.

What annoys me the most is Ezio's semiautomatic pistola, it just makes things a bit too easy. Now I can tell Ubi's really lost it; it wouldn't surprise me if in the sequel(s) they'll strap a pair of Glock 18's to Ezios arms and give him an RPG. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

EzioAssassin51
06-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Apparantly, according to the AC Wiki the gun wielding soldiers are a certain type. So maybe there will be them along with archers!

(Link Here (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Arquebusier))

And yes! The crossbow is confirmed! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SWJS
06-20-2010, 06:01 AM
And yes! The crossbow is confirmed!
I wonder.... The dev team said we'd get to use some of Leo's more "unique" gadgets... Could it be the... Rapid Fire Crossbow?! *dun dun dun*

Murcuseo
06-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Now I can tell Ubi's really lost it; it wouldn't surprise me if in the sequel(s) they'll strap a pair of Glock 18's to Ezios arms and give him an RPG. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Way to over dramatise to prove a point lol

Is Ezio going to be in anymore sequels? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The AC series has always had some factual and historical reference, it would have been ignorant for the devs to completely ignore guns. I don't really see the problem with them, aslong as you have the option not to use them... it would suck if you couldn't turn it off.

Guns are fine, there just needs to be limits to what you can do with them and the choice not to use them in CQC kills. That's what the throwing knives are for, I'd much rather use them than the hidden gun anyday http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Staniszyn69
06-20-2010, 06:33 AM
we have to remeber that first rifles was REALLY low range, low accuracy and as someone above says long reloading time so dont worry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

my throwning knifes will be faster http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RaidingAssassin
06-20-2010, 06:35 AM
I'm not at all too bothered, because AC3 will probably have guns which Desmond will use, a knife and a hidden blade.
And plus, it's going through Ezio's life, so when guns are invented, you can expect them to appear, and for ezio to have more advanced weapons...
It might make it easier, but we'll find out.

PWNcracker
06-20-2010, 07:26 AM
I think we'll actually be better off up against guys with guns... These things had to be used in warfare en masse to actually take any effect. A lone shooter with an Arquebus is not going to be spending most of his time reloading let alone hitting his targets!

I think the smoke and noise of these weapons was one of its more prominent traits during its time, considering that it would be rather terrifying to have to charge into a line bristling with these loud and obvious weapons.

Having said that, these might be some kind of Templar super-gunz that belong somewhere in the 27th century... we'll have to wait and see!

Pure speculation...

Xanatos2007
06-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Staniszyn69:
we have to remeber that first rifles was REALLY low range, low accuracy and as someone above says long reloading time
So were the pistols - moreso even - and Ezio's could fire super accurately at ranges even modern day pistols would have a hard time to manage with one shot (except the 5.7x28mm SS190 cartrige). And Ezio's seemed to be of a bolt-action design in ACII, making reloading rather fast.

monkeyuncle8
06-20-2010, 07:49 AM
you know what I don't like about the rifles?
they have a trigger that wouldn't have been invented for at least another hundred years

jimbo11235813
06-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:
you know what I don't like about the rifles?
they have a trigger that wouldn't have been invented for at least another hundred years Not sure how you can see the trigger in the trailer (the trigger is in the shadow). The gun doesn't look too out of place. The firing mechanism looks like a wheellock (due to the circular shape on the gun), which was invented around this time (thought to be 1510-1520 unless wikipedia is mistaken).

I don't have a problem with guns, especially if its a musket. These guns are inaccurate in reality, take ages to reload and will probably only be slightly more powerful than bows and arrows. But like bows and arrows, I'm 90% sure we won't be able to use it.

I think most fans didn't fear the gun appearing in the game, but the use of guns by the main character and becoming a shooter.

iLikeBacon
06-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by jimbo_323:
I think most fans didn't fear the gun appearing in the game, but the use of guns by the main character and becoming a shooter.

That's exactly what I 'didn't like', I don't want this game to become a shooter, because it could so easily become like GTA if Desmond were fighting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

-Bacon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

ALTAIRXEZIO
06-20-2010, 05:10 PM
thats what i mean.. i dont fear the gun in assassins creed, i just fear it beign a weapon the main character uses, and turning AC into another shooter....

monkeyuncle8
06-24-2010, 05:47 PM
there is a trigger on the gun you can tell by the way they are holding it and in the single player walk-though you can see the guy at the very end has a gun and he is planning on firing it with one hand, how do you do that with a fuse

EzioAssassin51
06-25-2010, 05:22 AM
You know what i don't get?

How many ranged weapons does Ezio need?

He's got a gun and throwing knives and now i crossbow? I like them all but you wouldn't be carrying too many ranged weapons! Too much ammo to carry too!

Murcuseo
06-25-2010, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

That's a good question, I'd prefer to drop the hidden gun in exchange for the crossbow and throwing knives but seeing as it's been worked into combat system in such a direct way that's not likely. I don't see how you can carry a crossbow and not have a quiver so that's another thing to add to his gear...

I'm still hopeful they work the short blade/dagger and throwing knives back into one button like it was in AC. That was a much better way of doing it in my opinion!

Plus it would open up a button for the crossbow and/or any other gadget he aquires http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

El_Sjietah
06-25-2010, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
I'm still hopeful they work the short blade/dagger and throwing knives back into one button like it was in AC. That was a much better way of doing it in my opinion!

This. Throwing a knife in someone's throat immediately after you stabbed his buddy in the chest has epic written all over it. I never even used throwing knives in AC2 because of the hassle to select them.

Ru1986
06-25-2010, 09:04 AM
I diddnt think it was a gun. During the Renaisence weapons were abriviated to be made and trialed in all sorts of shapes and sizes i thought it was just an amended Crossbow but i may be wrong.

Murcuseo
06-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

Throwing a knife in someone's throat immediately after you stabbed his buddy in the chest has epic written all over it. I never even used throwing knives in AC2 because of the hassle to select them.

Your trainee Assassins have abilities, why couldn't Ezio?

They should build in a proficiency system so can customise your fighting style a little. It would be like creating your own architype.

You could balance yourself out to support both ranged and CQC equally or be biased to one more than the other.

For each point in the proficiency you'd favor that skill more over the others, which would make the counter kills happen less often in the lesser abilities. You'd be able to do more damage with the proficient abilities and carry more ammo of that specific type. They could have a retrain system similar to WoW where you pay for a retrain and have to do select missions to relearn talents or purchase quiver or ammo pouch upgrades.

A bit far fetched but there's a workable idea in there somewhere lol

adarwinter
06-25-2010, 10:14 AM
robson, a touch of RPG in there is always nice to give your character a slightly more personalized feeling, but i dont know if it will implemented.

with the way u can buy new armor and weapons in AC2 (which is completely redundant) we might see a revampet system in AC2....
or we might see good things gone and more redundant things introduced like in AC2. who knows? it's UBI, after all - 2 steps forward, one step backward.

Murcuseo
06-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by adarwinter:
robson, a touch of RPG in there is always nice to give your character a slightly more personalized feeling, but i dont know if it will implemented.

I know I know, as I said it's far fetched but there must be a workable idea in there somewhere... let me rephrase. I hope there would be a workable idea in there somewhere lol

VRTX97
06-28-2010, 02:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Now I can tell Ubi's really lost it; it wouldn't surprise me if in the sequel(s) they'll strap a pair of Glock 18's to Ezios arms and give him an RPG. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Way to over dramatise to prove a point lol

Is Ezio going to be in anymore sequels? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The AC series has always had some factual and historical reference, it would have been ignorant for the devs to completely ignore guns. I don't really see the problem with them, aslong as you have the option not to use them... it would suck if you couldn't turn it off.

Guns are fine, there just needs to be limits to what you can do with them and the choice not to use them in CQC kills. That's what the throwing knives are for, I'd much rather use them than the hidden gun anyday http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually there is going to be a last sequel for ezio: AC Lost legacy for DS

Edit: Sorry, its 3DS

Murcuseo
06-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Pex3650:

Actually there is going to be a last sequel for ezio: AC Lost legacy for DS

Edit: Sorry, its 3DS

True, but I wouldn't really count that as a proper sequel because it's only being launched on one platform. A sequel to me is a multiplatform release, a single platform release is more of a spin-off.

And before anyone starts that's just my opinion I'm not stating it as fact lol

masterfenix2009
06-28-2010, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Staniszyn69:
we have to remeber that first rifles was REALLY low range, low accuracy and as someone above says long reloading time
So were the pistols - moreso even - and Ezio's could fire super accurately at ranges even modern day pistols would have a hard time to manage with one shot (except the 5.7x28mm SS190 cartrige). And Ezio's seemed to be of a bolt-action design in ACII, making reloading rather fast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry if i get this wrong. my xbox has the ring of death but if i remember correctly didnt altair invent the gun with the apple thus maybe making it slightly more advanced.

NightmareGK13
06-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Staniszyn69:
So were the pistols - moreso even - and Ezio's could fire super accurately at ranges even modern day pistols would have a hard time to manage with one shot (except the 5.7x28mm SS190 cartrige). And Ezio's seemed to be of a bolt-action design in ACII, making reloading rather fast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry if i get this wrong. my xbox has the ring of death but if i remember correctly didnt altair invent the gun with the apple thus maybe making it slightly more advanced. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from what i remember he had traveled to china or something like that
correct me if im wrong there and here
and he had mixed the knowledge of their canons and developed a much more smaller one like a humming bird or something like that

Vey03
06-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

I'd go one further, and ask 'how many weapons do you need at all?'

Honestly.

Who, once they've unlocked a better weapon then thinks, 'no, i'll use the crap one i got at the start of the game.'

What i'd like instead, is when you get to the weapon upgrade point, you have a selection of swords, daggers, knives, hammers etc, and you must trade (or sell) what you have now for what you want. So you only 1 have of each type at a time.

Because you can only carry a sword and a dagger on you at any one time. Do you really need 20 or so more weapons hanging around in your private collection never to be used?
I think it's silly.

I also fully agree about the weapon wheel. I love fighting with my dagger, but hardly ever did because the hassle to select it.

About the guns, what we need is a silencer on Ezios pistolla http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Seriously though, i too have concerns about AC becoming a shooter, but i'm trying to have faith in Ubi not to do that. I think even they know it would ruin the game (francise), because people love it simply because of the enviroment and time it's taking place in.
It's inevitable that guns would come into it, due to the passage of time, and that they would have come into existance. It's simply something Ubi cannot overlook.
As long as they keep going forward in time that is.

Who knows what they will do for Desmond. But from what we've seen so far playing as him, it doesn't appear that guns will play such a huge roll. It seems, the secret blade, is our primary weapon.

Razrback16
06-29-2010, 05:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

I'm still hopeful they work the short blade/dagger and throwing knives back into one button like it was in AC. That was a much better way of doing it in my opinion!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Truly. It was ******ed that they took that away. That was how I fought in ACI -- throwing knives from a distance, short blade up close. I only used my sword when I ran out of knives.

DJBare
06-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Well peeps, they are selling to the youngsters who just gotta have guns, the assassins will be armed with uzi's next!

There was one particular scene that threw out the whole atmosphere of Assassins Creed for me, it's when the 4 assassins swagger up behind Ezio with one slinging a mace over his shoulder, the whole "I got attitude" thing really dissapointed me.

Ru1986
06-29-2010, 08:05 AM
Actually DJBare i couldnt agree with you more its not true to History or the way people behaved people had respect and honnor for their enemys back in these times especailly during the Renaissence. As M ario stated towards the beging after the death of Vieri yoiu are not Vieri do not become him. Not swagger around like look at me i am gangstar and hard peopel just diddnt have that attitude back then and if they did they were quickly disposed of and not allowed to become anything special in the time period.

DJBare
06-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Well ru1986, the scene was wrong from the outset, these are supposed to be displined well trained assassins, yeah, they were so well trained they broke their cover at a time when it was most needed, it's obvious the devs took that route to attract a certain kind of player, and it aint the type that like to play it cool.

notafanboy
06-29-2010, 08:54 AM
i think it would be ok with guns in ac:b but only if the reload times was 10-30 seconds and i think most old guns had a melee weapon so ezio could use the gun as a spear or something
(im not new here my last account was f###%&/ up)and assassins creed should not have these blocks or stuff like that if you get hit 2 times you are dead just like infamous (not the super powers the damage system) and

Murcuseo
06-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Eh... they're Italians, what's the point in having Italian characters without the swagger and attitude. That would be like the Pope wearing a bunny suit in the last sequence of ACII. It just wouldn't feel right!

The scene in the CG trailer, I THINK was meant to be shown as an act of defiance towards the Borgia. What's more defiant than crashing someones party and humilitating them?

With the history between the Auditore and the Borgia I doubt there was much respect, after all the Borgia killed Ezios father, brothers and of course his uncle so to bring respect into it is a bit odd. The reason Ezio didn't kill Rodrigo the first time was because of his respect for death not for the Borgia.

You guys have obviously missed the point and have assumed it was meant to portray the entire game instead of just that scene.

I'd definately appreciate an epic battle at the end instead of a one on one fist fight with an easily beaten nemesis!

El_Sjietah
06-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Fat nemeses shouldn't be beaten in combat.

DJBare
06-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Eh... they're Italians, what's the point in having Italian characters without the swagger and attitude. That would be like the Pope wearing a bunny suit in the last sequence of ACII. It just wouldn't feel right! They acted like a gang of thugs rather than diciplined trained assassins.

Murcuseo
06-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by DJBare:

They acted like a gang of thugs rather than diciplined trained assassins.

My take on the trailer is completely different from yours because up until the point Ezio is standing about 10 yards away from Cesare the gaurds are killed in a pretty efficient Assassinish fashion, no? Ezio doesn't actually get into hand to hand combat until the first horsemen charges at him... even that isn't hand to hand, more horse to hand!

As I said it's an act of defiance, Ezio and his recruits manage to get that close to the Pope in a matter of seconds without much hassle. Ezio could have ordered an arrow into the back of Cesares head but instead he and his recruits take them on face to face. To cause greater humiliation. Even if they end up losing that fight it would have a massive effect!

Killing important figureheads in silence is good and efficient but if you were going to kill the the leader of the Templar order and his kin(and the Pope) you'd want to do it in a memorable way not just sneaking out the shadows and sticking a blade in his throat.

I would anyway http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

You'd gain...

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews35/i%20am%20legend%20will%20smith/title%20i%20am%20legend.jpg

...status!

zippo100
06-29-2010, 02:19 PM
So were the pistols - moreso even - and Ezio's could fire super accurately at ranges even modern day pistols would have a hard time to manage with one shot (except the 5.7x28mm SS190 cartrige). And Ezio's seemed to be of a bolt-action design in ACII, making reloading rather fast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You have to keep in mind that the gun Ezio uses was envisioned/ invented by altair/the assassins and he had the piece of eden while he came up with this stuf. In other words he had access to technology that is far beyond reach even today

D00CH
06-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes it is true that some players will not like the game if guns are madly introduced. But it has to happen sooner or later.. (atleast with how fast the timeline is going right now)

But then again you can obviously assume that UBI is really trying hard to avoid guns.. Because even when playing as Desmond and NOT in the animus, you were never given the chance to have a gun it would ALWAYS be a melee weapon of some sort and the "Desmond Missions" do actually take place in modern time if not, then further. But it is very clear that UBI is trying not to act like Infinity Ward with a bunch of blood thirsty teenagers wanting to blow peoples heads off in CODMW2. Because if UBI was actually using that approach then the very first AC would have guns already, But you can tell UBI is trying very hard, But just like i said... the guns have to come in either way because after all, some of the content in the AC series IS based off true events. So to leave out guns would be kind of stupid because they have already done a good job with historic events like Leonardo Da Vinci so it would be kind of stupid to have a bunch of real stuff and then leave a GIANT part of the world's history, when the whole game is referring to some true events.

I Personally don't care either way because i like both melee and "shoot-out" combat But guns have to come along some time if not now, they will in future games.

EzioAssassin51
06-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Eh... they're Italians, what's the point in having Italian characters without the swagger and attitude. That would be like the Pope wearing a bunny suit in the last sequence of ACII. It just wouldn't feel right!

We was as easy to beat as a man in a bunny suit that's for sure! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

X10J
06-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:
there is a trigger on the gun you can tell by the way they are holding it and in the single player walk-though you can see the guy at the very end has a gun and he is planning on firing it with one hand, how do you do that with a fuse

*Spoiler maybe* If you mean ceasare, he said that, "his friend" fasioned the gun for them. Now if he meant ezio's friend he probobly was refering to capt. awesome (leo). Who not only had his own genius, but also the apple to work with, and could have made the trigger. *Spoiler maybe*