PDA

View Full Version : Any 'inside' information about IL-2's release on Steam?

Arrowhead2k6
04-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Like will it be the complete 1946 version? And when exactly does Ubi plan to make it available? Price?
I really can't wait to get this. I've only got Forgotten Battles and I love it. Best combat flight sim I've played yet in terms of feel(And this is coming from a RL Private Pilot). Anyways, looking forward to getting online and I'm hoping the Steam version delivers.

Also, a little side question, how much has Il-2 been further improved since FB? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-HH- Beebop
04-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah, a new aircraft will be introduced:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/HH_Beebop/Personal/CoalFiredAirliner.jpg

Luke5skywalker4
04-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Wow, what's that, the "Pollutionator X-1" ?

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-10-2008, 11:32 AM
I was talking to someone the other day who seemed interested in buying this game, he asked if it was on steam since he liked steam. I told him to wait till after it's out on steam for awhile so we here at the forums could see how it goes, I told him that there are a lot of 3rd party apps (hyperlobby, uqmb, etc.) that really make il2 and may not work with steam, we'll have to see. I'd hate fro all those people to get into this game through steam but not be able to play on hyperlobby with all the great servers there.

Arrowhead2k6
04-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
I was talking to someone the other day who seemed interested in buying this game, he asked if it was on steam since he liked steam. I told him to wait till after it's out on steam for awhile so we here at the forums could see how it goes, I told him that there are a lot of 3rd party apps (hyperlobby, uqmb, etc.) that really make il2 and may not work with steam, we'll have to see. I'd hate fro all those people to get into this game through steam but not be able to play on hyperlobby with all the great servers there.

Nah, I'm not too worried about that. I've got many third party games off of Steam and have found the files and folders to be completely intact when compared to retail. The only real difference is that the install folder is located under Steam rather than the usual Program Files. Mods and third party applications are easily redirected and work as they should.

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Arrowhead2k6:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:

Nah, I'm not too worried about that. I've got many third party games off of Steam and have found the files and folders to be completely intact when compared to retail. The only real difference is that the install folder is located under Steam rather than the usual Program Files. Mods and third party applications are easily redirected and work as they should. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well thats good to know.