PDA

View Full Version : AC2 Ending Question

SonGaryy
05-19-2010, 06:56 AM
Hi, i'm new to the forums just made my account my names Gary :]

Anyway i just beat assassin's creed 2 a couple hours ago and it left me wondering about a lot of things, specifically near the ending, when Ezio loses the apple to rodrigo, Rodrigo uses the staff to paralyze ezio and stabs him in the stomach with a dagger, but Ezio just got back up and went to fight him as if he wasn't injured at all? and then rodrigo could have used the staff on ezio again to beat him, but he didn't? I loved the rest of the game, the ending was just sort of stupid to me, if anyone has any answers, feel free :]

Murcuseo
05-19-2010, 07:36 AM
Welcome to the forum Gaz http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

It certainly would have been more convincing and also more realistic if he'd have been fighting through those last scenes with a limp or cradling his side... it would have made it more difficult aswell!

Maybe being exposed to those kind of forces healed him enough for that not to be the case... it wasn't really explained.

As for Borgia fighting Ezio without the staff, I think he was just overconfident in his abilities. He obviously thought he was unbeatable even without the staff.

itsamea-mario
05-19-2010, 12:40 PM
also the staff was probably stuck in the ground, and between rodrigo and the staff was ezio. dont know about the getting stabbed, i heard somewhere that ezio created an ilusion with the apple, but seems unlikely.

WELCOM 2 DA FORUMS INIT!!!!! buon gourno.

PlagueDoctor357
05-19-2010, 02:25 PM
That whole scene is so messed up I CHOOSE to believe Ezio dropped a fake copy of the apple that he made using the real one on his belt.

Why do I say this? Because he got stabbed and could walk.

And when the staff/apple combo opens up the door....he doesn't even grab the apple from the top of the staff...yet he shows it to minerva.

So, these little problems could be used to just make the story your on like I do

EmperorxZurg
05-19-2010, 05:39 PM
SPOILER

@itsamea-mario: yea, Ezio used the apple to make dopplegangers like AL Mualim did.

also with the stabbing, it was because of the apple and that it had been near Ezio, it heals. But it's focus changes when it's combined with the staff, thats why it didn't heal Borgia

SWJS
05-20-2010, 03:31 AM
Why do I say this? Because he got stabbed and could walk.
If anybody ever pays attention, Ezio blacks out and wakes up again after Borgia's already gone into the vault. It's safe to say a timeframe of 15-30 minutes elapsed there, possibly more. Ezio blacked out after being stabbed by Checco Orsi too, the exact same way. He spent a while out too.

It's also probable that holding the apple for so long probably made him able to withstand the wound.

I mean, come on. Al Mualim stabs Altair at the very beginning of AC1 in the exact same way, and HE lives. Granted he probably had help, but come on, it's happened before. It's not THAT hard to believe

And Borgia comes back after being stabbed in the middle of High Mass.

Elbrujo1978
05-21-2010, 03:11 AM
Al Mualim convinced everyone that Altair was stabbed with the apple of Eden, he says that everyone saw what he wanted to see.

The most likely did not die because Ezio wore armor of Altair which is a kind of artifact in itself.

Sorry for my english.

TheEpicWolf
05-21-2010, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Elbrujo1978:
Al Mualim convinced everyone that Altair was stabbed with the apple of Eden, he says that everyone saw what he wanted to see.

The most likely did not die because Ezio wore armor of Altair which is a kind of artifact in itself.

Sorry for my english.

The problem with the idea of Altairs armour helping him survive is that you don't have to wear it which mean it must be something to do with the apple itself seeing how Ezio had it on him. But i really don't know anymore about than anyone else here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Marios725
05-29-2010, 05:17 AM
in my opinion its just that the creators didnt make Ezio lose some of his abilities because of the stabbing. and it has nothing to do with altairs armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...r7Gw&feature=channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc7MzAAr7Gw&feature=channel)

Black_Widow9
05-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by SonGaryy:
Hi, i'm new to the forums just made my account my names Gary :]

Anyway i just beat assassin's creed 2 a couple hours ago and it left me wondering about a lot of things, specifically near the ending, when Ezio loses the apple to rodrigo, Rodrigo uses the staff to paralyze ezio and stabs him in the stomach with a dagger, but Ezio just got back up and went to fight him as if he wasn't injured at all? and then rodrigo could have used the staff on ezio again to beat him, but he didn't? I loved the rest of the game, the ending was just sort of stupid to me, if anyone has any answers, feel free :]

Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please add *SPOILERS* to your thread Title.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Six_Gun
05-29-2010, 09:33 PM
The way I took it, the forces of the POE were much more kind to Ezio than Rodrigo, esp since Ezio, much to Rodrigo's dismay, was the prophet, not Rodrigo. It sort of became clear Ezio had the touch with the POE in two cutscenes. First with all the other assassins when he touched the apple and it glowed, then when he touched the staff in the vault and the door opened, after Rodrigo struggled to see the way to open it.

I can suspend disbelief easy enough to go along with Ezio's miraculous healing, after all why not buy into that if you're going to buy into Rodrigo being able to suspend him in the air with the power of the staff before stabbing him. Oddly enough, it was one small part at the end I found baffling. After Ezio defeats Rodrigo, the staff suddenly appears positioned in a hole in the center of the floor as if it got there by itself

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll find that the POE itself is a vessel for the spirit of one of the advanced race they reveal at the end, much like the "Soulcube" in Doom3 was a vessel for the souls of last of the dying race to be used as a weapon to defeat those trying to kill them off. Minerva was clearly "communing" as she put it with someone other than Ezio in between explaining the history and fate of humanity to him. Could that someone be the POE itself?

El_Sjietah
05-30-2010, 03:23 AM
Wasn't that someone Desmond?

Six_Gun
05-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Wasn't that someone Desmond? Well if that were the case, don't you think in the end credits Desmond wouldn't have been so clueless still asking all those questions? If she were communing with him, afterwards he would have less questions than Ezio did, and probably even mentioned her having done so with Lucy and the others. You can plainly see though it's the same old Desmond when he emerges from the Animus, naive and still searching for answers.

El_Sjietah
05-31-2010, 03:44 PM
If someone would tell me the world would end in 2 weeks and I'm the one to save it, without giving me any clue as to how, I'd be pretty clueless as well. Let alone Desmond, who can't even take a shower without asking where the water comes from.

TheEpicWolf
05-31-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm sure Minerva mentions Desmond anyway, because Ezio asks who Desmond is just before she disappears. Desmond doesn't understand whats actually happened though while poor Ezio is left wondering who Desmond is and who Minerva was xD

Ru1986
06-01-2010, 06:04 AM
By Many Renaisence Luminaries rodrigo Borgia was refered to as "the cockiest Pope ever" so i have read anyway. So i think Robsons comment about his overconfidence is pretty much spot on and is what Ubisoft were trying to get at. With regards to Ezio withstanding the blade in the stomach, was the point not that because he held the apple he could heal quicker and to a higher level than anyone ever before. Alittle extreme i agree however if you read the book there is more info about that scene in there.

thehiredblade
06-01-2010, 06:20 AM
the reason he didn't fight with the staff is because Ezio says at the end "no weapons now lets see what your made of old man" Ezio puts down his weapons and rodrigo fights with his hands and so does Ezio

Six_Gun
06-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
If someone would tell me the world would end in 2 weeks and I'm the one to save it, without giving me any clue as to how, I'd be pretty clueless as well. Let alone Desmond, who can't even take a shower without asking where the water comes from. That's a different thing, you're saying he'd be clueless as how to save the world, I'm saying he's not conveyed in ANY way that she even communed with him. Just doesn't make sense, sorry. All I can say is, if she really did commune with Desmond, it's yet again another major flaw in the story, one which Ubi would no doubt not try to explain, because it just doesn't make sense that he'd keep all that to himself. Desmond doesn't even have as much knowledge as the ones running the Animus. If she were to talk to the humans accessing such knowledge via it, she could certainly choose more appropriate students.

El_Sjietah
06-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Lucy, Shaun and that other chick can probably see whatever Desmond's seeing while he's in the Animus. Would be a major design flaw in the Animus by Abstergo if they couldn't. Not much use putting people in there against their will if you can't check up on what they're experiencing anyway.

Also, Minerva even adresses Desmond by name. I don't know how much more proof you need.

Six_Gun
06-02-2010, 02:35 PM
That is not proof at all, and you still haven't explained why Desmond would not talk about this communication with Minerva at all, which you're assuming happened, even though it would obviously be startling to him. I noticed that when she communed she looked away from Ezio, and even asked him to be silent and not interrupt, but when she called Ezio Desmond, she obviously addressed him directly because he responded as if she did. How do you explain that? Your assumptions are as flawed as are the little details Ubi strung the story together with I'm afraid.

El_Sjietah
06-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
That is not proof at all, and you still haven't explained why Desmond would not talk about this communication with Minerva at all, which you're assuming happened, even though it would obviously be startling to him. I noticed that when she communed she looked away from Ezio, and even asked him to be silent and not interrupt, but when she called Ezio Desmond, she obviously addressed him directly because he responded as if she did. How do you explain that? Your assumptions are as flawed as are the little details Ubi strung the story together with I'm afraid.

Didn't you notice she's looking directly into the camera when she's not talking to Ezio? Given the cinematic nature of AC2's cutscenes, you can safely assume Ubisoft is implying she's adressing not Ezio, but the one who's observing whatever is going. In other words, Desmond. When she calls Ezio Desmond, the camera's perspective has changed so she's still looking directly at you. Probably done to make it more obvious that she's not talking to you the player, but rather Desmond who's reliving Ezio's memories.

And as for the matter of Desmond not sitting down and having a casual chat with Lucy and the gang; a ****ed off group of Templars just barged into their little hideout. Not really the right time to be having a tea party, wouldn't you say?

You may call my assumptions flawed, but you're severely lacking in seeing connections and drawing logical conclusions. Do you really think it's more likely that she's addressing an inanimate object, which has shown no sign to have any will of its own in the entirity of 2 games, instead of the person who she mentions by name and who can actually do something with the information she's giving?