PDA

View Full Version : Bad weather & convoys

sd1957
05-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Anybody notice that here is bad weather 50km around convoys. I get detected at 400meters.I can not see them until 299 meters

Foehammer-1
05-09-2007, 10:22 AM
It is just your bad luck. The weather system is very strange and unrealistic, no doubt about that. Sometimes I will get heavy fog till the end of my patrol. Other times, the weather will be constantly beautiful, even in winter in the Arctic ocean... Start a new patrol and hope for the best!

Stingray-65
05-09-2007, 11:23 AM
You're not alone. Lots of us get frustrated with the weather by encountering the same problems as you. I look at this way to try & rationalize some sort of realism to it... Perhaps Kaleun1961 can verify this as he is quite knowledgable on the subject... often the Allies would take advantage of bad weather to aid their shipping efforts in hopes of slipping by the German u-boats. I've noticed that a lot of the ships I encounter in storms are running at medium or fast speeds, probably trying to make good use of their time in the storms.

I might add though that I've noticed that certain grid sectors seem to have constant good or bad weather. With the exception of a "good weather" grid when perhaps a ship is about to pass through.

Grrbob25
05-09-2007, 09:15 PM
find the Sh3 weather mod....it makes the weather much more realistic, and less annoying