PDA

View Full Version : one question solved, another one shows up

Fairus60
06-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Well we all agree that AC2 cleared up the origin of the human race (inside AC world, of course) But I guess they gave us another one to think about: Who created those who came before? How did they arrive to Earth? There hasnt been mention of them creating the universe or stuff like that, just that "they came before". I believe there is still room for a "divine entity" in AC, as for how the ones who came before were created, but thats just my thought. What do you guys think?

PlagueDoctor357
06-13-2010, 10:16 AM
I think they're just gonna stick with the science route. I hope so anyway.

I mean, we could all believe some man who smoked weed, ate moldy bread and drank cactus water (All get you high) managed to do all these miracles (Yeah right he was just smart and knew the day Salmon swim upstream, got everyone stoned and convinced them HE made it happen.)

Or, we could just look at dinosaur bones!

samward
06-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:
I think they're just gonna stick with the science route. I hope so anyway.

I mean, we could all believe some man who smoked weed, ate moldy bread and drank cactus water (All get you high) managed to do all these miracles (Yeah right he was just smart and knew the day Salmon swim upstream, got everyone stoned and convinced them HE made it happen.)

Or, we could just look at dinosaur bones!

Look I am not trying to start an argument. But there are a LOT of people who believe in a divine being and I think your comments are rather rude tword them. I have no problem if you think that a divine being is load of crap but maybe keep the negativity to yourself.

Bowcaster
06-13-2010, 02:53 PM
moldy bread gets you high..?

samward
06-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Bowcaster77:
moldy bread gets you high..?

hahahhaha http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Six_Gun
06-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Bowcaster77:
moldy bread gets you high..? Maybe he knows from experience. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Seems the net is chock full of faith bashing atheists. They aren't usually called out until they put their foots in their mouths starting up the trash talking in a thread that begins on a non hostile and even fairly neutral tone. The ironic thing is they're always the ones quick to point out how hostile religious people are.

We could stereotype back and forth all day, but it's not going to lend to the conversation constructively. Maybe we should step back and note that this game is made by people of a variety of faiths and opinions on religion and science. Do you imagine they sat around trash talking one another in doing so? I seriously doubt it.

As for the thread topic, at one point Minerva when talking to Ezio answers his question, "Are you Gods?", with a laugh and denial of such human myths. So I don't think Ubi in any way intended to portray them as creators, or perhaps even delve into explaining their origin. Sometimes leaving a little mystery is better in such a story.

Perhaps that's good that they don't include too much content that would spark heated controversy, such as has already been seen in the first response here. I think they intend for the game to be more fun and adventurous than a subject of debate to the point at which players take digs at one another's opinions and beliefs.

lilbacchant
06-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Agreed. Although I don't know if the developers intend to address it (or leave it a mystery, as you said), I think it's intriguing as to whether TWCB evolved here or were aliens ...

If they evolved here, you'd expect there, I'd think, to be archeaological evidence -- unless, of course, the Templars managed to cover that up.

If they're aliens, a second AC trilogy could involve some of their species returning to earth ...

samward
06-14-2010, 02:45 PM
I think it is obvious that the ones who came before believed in something or some form of religion, because when Minerva was talking she says, " We were so busy with earthly things we forgot about the heavens" or something to that extent. Now this could mean that they were just not paying attention to the scientific sings of nature, or it could mean, what i think to be more likely, they worshiped the sun, much like the Egyptians and Mayans and had become so distracted with earthly things they neglected to worship the sun. The reason I think this is because the way she words the sentence it is like because they neglected the heavens that is what caused the solar flair. If it had been the scientific meaning then I don't think it would have mattered that they neglected the heavens cause there would be nothing they could do to stop it anyway...I do think they will leave the whole origins of the ones who came before a mystery, but I also think there is a lot to be learned from the content of the vaults. I think the most likely outcome will be a mix of both science and multiple religious views.

Fairus60
06-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Quite interestin theories here, but Im gong with you samward, lets hope this clears up in AC3