PDA

View Full Version : New Guy needs a little help.

Gen_Maximus
06-21-2010, 03:41 AM
Hi Everyone.

Firstly i'd like to say hello to everyone, I have been reading these forums for the last couple of weeks and it has really inspired me to get into the spirit. Here is how. I got SH4 about a year and a half ago, played it a little but didnt really have time to get into it as much as i'd liked. Then I bought SH 5 last month and well loved the whole idea and graphics, and crew, aside from the bugs of course. It was this that brought me to the forums to see if it was common problems or not. While on these forums I noticed the amount of people who preferred SH3 out of all the series which got my curiosity going. Liking what i'd seen on the SH4 & SH5 I thought it would be nice to have SH3 as well. Here is where I possibly need help, I purchased it through Steam for me and my pal as I new he would love this kind of game as he is a huge flight sim fan. My questions are Will I need to manually update to the latest patch? Will I be able to use any of the MOD's? And is there a more in depth manual available?

I do apologise if its a bit long winded not really used to using forums.

Thanks in advance for any help & advice.

Foehammer-1
06-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Yes, you need to update to 1.4b manually.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=1106

Do the digital download patch, not DVD!!

There are a TON of mods for the game. Play the stock for a bit, then install either War Ace Campaign or Grey Wolves Expanded 3.0 (known as WAC and GWX3).
It will feel like you have just installed a new game.

There WAS a (very good) community manual somewhere, but someone else would have to point you where it went. It has changed addresses several times.

Oh, and welcome aboard!

Celeon999
06-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Welcome aboard http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Yes the community manual was re-hosted by someone a few years ago but this new address seems to be down now aswell.

Gen_Maximus
06-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi Foehammer-1 & Celeon999

Thanks for the welcome and info on patch, as soon as i get home from work it shall be done.

I did start SH3 last night managed all the exams, just doing my first patrol near Scapa Flow ( had 2 small merchants )

I still cant believe how better it feels than SH4 & SH5 and my mate that I bought it for is now addicted already and he hasnt finshed his exams yet.

Thanks Again

P.S oh by the way how do I create a signature?

Foehammer-1
06-21-2010, 08:26 AM
On the top of the page, on the left, go to "Go" - Personal zone - Profile - in there, top/right there are two buttons. Click the "edit complete profile".

You will see it there

Gen_Maximus
06-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks again Foehammer-1

Checked my version and its 1.4 but i'm going to do at least 1 career first just get used to it.

How do you guys get the funky picture signature's?