PDA

View Full Version : Aircrash Scoring

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 09:36 AM
I would like to discuss scoring method in case of aircrash. In my opinion it is unfair. During my observation I found that program probably compares motion vectors of both crafts and establishes ramming craft and victim craft. In case of friend-foe crash points are given to victim craft. In case of friend-friend crash penalty points are given to victim craft as well. This second event makes me very nervous. But I think in both cases positive/negative points should be given to ramming craft. After all air ram is also historically documented method of attack. E.g. was used by Russian pilots. Some of them could succesfuly ram enemy crafts not losing own plane.
What do u think about this?
Regards,
Heyoan

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 09:36 AM
I would like to discuss scoring method in case of aircrash. In my opinion it is unfair. During my observation I found that program probably compares motion vectors of both crafts and establishes ramming craft and victim craft. In case of friend-foe crash points are given to victim craft. In case of friend-friend crash penalty points are given to victim craft as well. This second event makes me very nervous. But I think in both cases positive/negative points should be given to ramming craft. After all air ram is also historically documented method of attack. E.g. was used by Russian pilots. Some of them could succesfuly ram enemy crafts not losing own plane.
What do u think about this?
Regards,
Heyoan

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 07:08 PM
I think its the most cowardly thing seeing noobs crash into bombers becuase they dont have the skill to shoot them down. They should get -500 for colliding into bombers and have to wait 15 minutes before respawning.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 08:44 PM
most crashes take place from new guys that can't hit what they are aiming at. Not sure but I think they have it bad enough as it is. Although I don't think ramming is a good method of attack but... more should happen when a mistake is made. I am happy with them not getting the points for a mistake they did. Although I wouldn't hate them for not being able to shoot me.

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 10:14 PM
I was under the impression that rams were accidental. (the times I've rammed that's been the case) do ppl really do this on purpose?

<center> http://www.4yourfuture.net/handshake.gif

"Altitude, speed, maneuver, fire!"-The "formula of Terror" of Aleksandr Pokryshkin, Three times awarded the rank of Hero of the Soviet Union

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 10:26 PM
I saw a picture of a plane in the simhq Fb forum thread "more crap planes" or something like that that was a wing plane just like the Go-229, but with reinforced wings ment to rip off enemy wings and such /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 10:28 PM
It happens on purpose sometimes, but u won't know if its accidental or purpose unless they ram into your fighter multiple times,.. then something may be up. Easpiecally if they have the gunnery to shoot you and.... they end up smashing into you. For the most part its an accident though.

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 10:35 PM
Oh great, that's what we needed, a VVS whiner /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://members.chello.se/ven/ham-pin.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 11:55 PM
Hi All,

I just want to add a little.

there is something called "Target Fixation".
I am a flight sim veteran, literally 20 years of playing them. I still suffer from fixation at times. You know that feeling, you want that kill so bad...... You just set up the perfect bounce and your aim is slightly off...... you can adjust...... range closing....... i should really break off..... i want this kill though...... just a lil more and i'll have him....... BAMN!!!!!!!! A beautiful "Taran" lol

That happens to me.

I hate it, but it happens

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KALO

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 08:13 AM
My main intention in this post was to discuss event when newbie friendly pilot crashes into my tail when trying to attack mine target. In that case I'm loosing 400points. It's very frustrating.
I don't use ram as method of attack except situation described in previous mail /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif It happens to me as well from time to time.
Heyoan

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 08:34 AM
I have to disagree it's coward to ram bomber. It's brave because ram attack is more danger to attacker than shoting.
Nevertheless in FB ram almost always ends with destruction of attacker aircraft so doing this is rather stupid than coward /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Heyoan