PDA

View Full Version : AAA Control key/botton

gprr
11-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Hi Oleg and all

I think that if we had an option to control amount of FLAK,something like "Airintensity" control in conf.ini file, it would lower the load of the system and improve gameplay for evrery one with low spec PC and for may others to.
Please consider this.

Thanks
gprr

Von_Zero
11-04-2004, 12:29 PM
i'd guess it would be quite difficult about this part. look it this way:a flak cannon has it's own caracteristics like ROF, max range, etc. to lower the amount of flak "puffs" could only be done by either by putting less flak cannons in a designated area, or by reducing the ROF of each cannon.
the first i think it could only be used offline, since online, each server uses the amount of flak the creator wants, or thinks is needed.
the latter varian would also be possible to use only in offline misions/campaigns. online it would mean that someone with this "reduced flak" option enabled would see (or it's game would simulate) less "puffs" than someone that has it disabled. otherwise, the first, would have a smaller chance of being hit, thus making the game unfair. if it would only reduce the visual puffs to let's say... half (i mean the game would calculate the same number of flak shots, but you wil see only half of them on the screen), then u could be hit without knowing what was that, or simply would deny u from the posibility of avoiding the flak bursts. So, imho, it is impossible, but maybe i'm wrong....

gprr
11-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi Von_Zero

I did mean to reduce the amount of shown and firing guns or just disable certain amount of guns and let less guns to shoot in offline mode,but you can also get this way online arena with more ships and less active guns than today.

Cheers
gprr

aminx
11-04-2004, 10:56 PM
flak adjust key

I can assure you that every mission builder will use this very important feature which is most realistic depending on "battle conditions" but it also allows you to enjoy your missions and play them the way you want instead of beeing self imposed,we all agree that carrier and big ship flak right now is too intensive and bleeds our fps to the point where the game is unplayable in many cases.
aminx

gprr
11-04-2004, 11:38 PM
Hi aminx and all

Right on target!

gprr