PDA

View Full Version : polygon limits?

BillSwagger
09-02-2009, 03:10 AM
maybe im jumping the gun here a bit, but i thought it would be cool to work on a comprehensive 3d model that includes all the internal components. I figure it will take some time, and so far i've made some decent progress but i have a feeling the internals will be much more complicated.
There is plenty of time so that when the game does finally get released, the model will be complete so all i will need to do is find the know how to get it included in the game, which im sure will take an additional 6 months to a year to do.

Does anyone know what the polygon limit is for SOW?
For Il2 it is 3000-3500 depending on the aircraft, but i'm thinking SOW might allow for two or three times that, but i thought i would ask before i get too far along on this new hobby of mine.

thanks

Bill

BillSwagger
09-02-2009, 03:10 AM
maybe im jumping the gun here a bit, but i thought it would be cool to work on a comprehensive 3d model that includes all the internal components. I figure it will take some time, and so far i've made some decent progress but i have a feeling the internals will be much more complicated.
There is plenty of time so that when the game does finally get released, the model will be complete so all i will need to do is find the know how to get it included in the game, which im sure will take an additional 6 months to a year to do.

Does anyone know what the polygon limit is for SOW?
For Il2 it is 3000-3500 depending on the aircraft, but i'm thinking SOW might allow for two or three times that, but i thought i would ask before i get too far along on this new hobby of mine.

thanks

Bill

Pigeon_
09-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Maybe ask here?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98

skarden
09-02-2009, 08:38 PM
I'v got an interview in a PC pilot mag with Oleg where he states that a single engine fighter for SOW has around 25'000 poly's,and thats just for the visable undamged LOD,so I imagine it gets a fair bit higher with everythinge else added,but I suppose that a good place to start.