PDA

View Full Version : Why no multiplayer?

poobone
02-27-2007, 04:09 PM
I understand this game was probably rushed because it's based on a movie, but after playing the PC demo, it's actually quite good and I'll be grabbing it for the PC. But there had BETTER be a sequel with online co op, I mean that's what makes the turtle games great!!!

Deosl
02-28-2007, 06:23 AM
1. Rushed to co-inside with the release of the movie
2. Multiplatform porting; hence no time to make spesific MP features for each platform. Too much time to adapt the MP to the different systems
3. They never had plans from start to include MP.

Nothing will beat Turtles in time on SNES anyways =)

Dark_Raphael
03-11-2007, 10:08 AM
I always bought the TMNT games for the NES and the SNES. Unfortunately, Konami made bad jokes from the new three TMNT games based on the new TV series. Hearing that a good company like Ubisoft was making a new TMNT game based on the CGI movie was pretty awesome, and I think the final result worked out pretty good. But yes, nothing can beat the original NES and SNES games.

Jinx FD
03-12-2007, 03:27 PM
TMNT is designed to be a great singleplayer experience, but it was never intended for this title to have multiplayer. If you have an Xbox 360 the TMNT Arcade game will be available on the Xbox Live Marketplace this Wednesday for 400 points (super reasonable) and will feature the original 4-player mode.

poobone
03-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Jinx, I understand there was never any plan to put MP in the game, but that's likely because they knew it would be a rushed out, sub-par product. It's not the first time Ubisoft has rushed something out. I'm just saying, if there's a sequel, they better put multiplayer in it.

Kadosho
03-18-2007, 11:30 AM
I think this might be a test in the waters, with the PoP team.
If things go well with this project, there are alot of open opportunities.

Btw Jinx, is the FD crew planning a TMNT night?

Glimsby
03-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Is there a realistic chance that they'll add in a multiplayer mode later that'd be available via download?

-G

Glimsby
03-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by poobone:
I understand this game was probably rushed because it's based on a movie, but after playing the PC demo, it's actually quite good and I'll be grabbing it for the PC. But there had BETTER be a sequel with online co op, I mean that's what makes the turtle games great!!!

Considering that this game is based strictly on the movie, any sequel game would likely only be tied to a sequel movie.

-G

MDS_Geist
03-20-2007, 07:57 PM
If the game sells very well then sequels and expansions become more likely even if the movie doesn't continue. So let's hope everyone's friends buy copies also! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rescindi
03-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by MDS_Geist:
If the game sells very well then sequels and expansions become more likely even if the movie doesn't continue. So let's hope everyone's friends buy copies also! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Well if they actually took thier time on this game and made it the best they could like they said they were in that first video i seen way back then more people would actually buy this game. I personally bought it and im enjoying it to a certain extent but im still very disapointed, im going to beat it within 2 more hours probly. I beat the first 7 levels in about 2 hours or less, The graphics are horrible. This game sorry to say was just them trying to make allitle cash, not put out a great game. TMNT needs a great game to come out that has hype about it. SOmething they spend thier time on to make good. I still have yet to see this from a tmnt game nowadays. I dont mean a turtle game made from this new crappy show either. They had the right concept with this game IMO just way off in the graphics/gameplay department. I just hope someone reads these posts and sees that they should make a better game!

Yolkboy
04-08-2007, 04:58 AM
Multiplayer would have definitely been a plus for this game. I'm a big fan of X-men Legends and it would be interesting to see how that would have panned out TMNT style.

Anyways, I say if you are only going one route (either sp or mp) you have to make it well. TMNT has a few issues. First would have to be the camera. Some of those VR missions had a weird angle and I kept missing the ledges. :Not to mention enemies off screen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I felt character models where good but the textures for the environment seemed flat in some areas. And finally, the combat system should have been more robust imo. Being a POP fan, it was hard just doing the same move over and over (for one character of course). Oh and one more thing, that should have been added would be the action button. I don't know how many times I've fallen off of ledges cause of an accidental wall run and I know I had trouble because I played POP, but still... Sometimes I just want to jump to the next platform where as a wall run would shoot me past it and I'd fall to my doom. Just little things like that. Now I now this game was marketed to kids but that's why we have different difficulty settings.

It's not just that I'm an older gamer, I'm also an older Turtle fan (think Eastman & Laird original comics) So I just felt that the Turtles were a little under represented. Again, I know it is based off the movie (which unfortunately I haven't see yet) but it would have been nice to have subtle references back to the old comics. Anyways, just my two cents / rant on the game.

As a francise as a whole though, I'm very glad they are making a comeback. After that 3rd movie I thought all hope was lost http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif