PDA

View Full Version : Glitch?

ytareh
08-26-2005, 09:47 AM
As you'll know if youve read my other posts today(worthwhile for beginners interested in guncam analysis of their shooting maybe) Ive been messing around with tracks and screenshots.The features and level of detail in this game is astounding but I did find a strange probably rare anomaly/glitch(or illusion!?).I was flying an Uber UQMG (MUST HAVE for IL2 fliers!)generated BOB style mission with 40 He111s and 24 Bf109s vs 24 Hurri 1s.The bombers in mass formation were cutting me to pieces from astern so I was attacking in vertical slashing attacks.Now at one point I appeared to FLY RIGHT THROUGH a He111!It happened in a flash and on reviewing at v.slow speed in a track we were indeed at one point a mated HE111/Hurri hybrid!!!Now there was a certain amount of "lag"/jerkiness with 80 odd planes in the air and I did seem to get away with only loosing my rudder and elevators when expecting a fireball but did I actually fly through it or is it some illusion due to the low frame rate!?

ytareh
08-26-2005, 09:47 AM
As you'll know if youve read my other posts today(worthwhile for beginners interested in guncam analysis of their shooting maybe) Ive been messing around with tracks and screenshots.The features and level of detail in this game is astounding but I did find a strange probably rare anomaly/glitch(or illusion!?).I was flying an Uber UQMG (MUST HAVE for IL2 fliers!)generated BOB style mission with 40 He111s and 24 Bf109s vs 24 Hurri 1s.The bombers in mass formation were cutting me to pieces from astern so I was attacking in vertical slashing attacks.Now at one point I appeared to FLY RIGHT THROUGH a He111!It happened in a flash and on reviewing at v.slow speed in a track we were indeed at one point a mated HE111/Hurri hybrid!!!Now there was a certain amount of "lag"/jerkiness with 80 odd planes in the air and I did seem to get away with only loosing my rudder and elevators when expecting a fireball but did I actually fly through it or is it some illusion due to the low frame rate!?

Kuna15
08-26-2005, 09:51 AM
He he nothing new. There is one post few days ago with .nrtk inside with Bf-109 travelling thru B-17 at high speed and cutting it to half. Best part is that Bf-109 was undamaged from collision. Just flew away. Really weird track. Ramj√¬§ger http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. Also some time ago I had a track where I have BnZed Yak in FW-190; we colided (fly thru each other head-on) but there was no damage at all nor to me nor Yak.

Take note that these kind of things happen all the time online, slower target is usually undamaged by collision (unless they make fuselage contact). Faster plane always end up wrecked.