PDA

View Full Version : Sea plane mission - with a twist (or tear-off)

pettera
12-02-2004, 06:31 AM
In one of the missions delivered with the game you can fly a Japanese sea plane (don't recall what its called) with one big "floater" under the plane and one small under each wing. (Excuse the English - I don't know what the "floating devices" are called.)

The mission starts in the air and after a second or two there comes an odd noise and the AC shivers and becomes slightly more agile! How come? Well, the main "floater" was just teared off. I first thought there was a bug making my screen jerky. After some time these events repeat themselves twice - the "floaters" under the wings are also teared off. Now I have a really agile plane. This is after the patch.

Maybe this has been mentioned before? Pretty hilarious when you go in for a smooth landing on the ocean and you belly for no obvious reason. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I guess there must have been some serious remodelling of the DM since that mission was made.

I also had a very hard time taking off in a P-40 on my way to protect Pearl Harbor in one of the missions that comes with the game. Almost impossible without banking and crashing. Something fishy.

Petter

pettera
12-02-2004, 06:31 AM
In one of the missions delivered with the game you can fly a Japanese sea plane (don't recall what its called) with one big "floater" under the plane and one small under each wing. (Excuse the English - I don't know what the "floating devices" are called.)

The mission starts in the air and after a second or two there comes an odd noise and the AC shivers and becomes slightly more agile! How come? Well, the main "floater" was just teared off. I first thought there was a bug making my screen jerky. After some time these events repeat themselves twice - the "floaters" under the wings are also teared off. Now I have a really agile plane. This is after the patch.

Maybe this has been mentioned before? Pretty hilarious when you go in for a smooth landing on the ocean and you belly for no obvious reason. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I guess there must have been some serious remodelling of the DM since that mission was made.

I also had a very hard time taking off in a P-40 on my way to protect Pearl Harbor in one of the missions that comes with the game. Almost impossible without banking and crashing. Something fishy.

Petter

joeap
12-02-2004, 06:36 AM
There is a problem with the first patch with the "floats" (since you asked their name in english http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )and fixed gear planes like Stukas and Vals. The beta patch corrects it. For the Pearl Harbour mission, where you take off last (usually having to avoid the wreck of one of your wingmen)I think it is supposed to be almost impossible.

Jason Bourne
12-02-2004, 11:56 AM
I remember early on (pre PF) people were wondering if the Rufe would fly better/get better range with the gear torn off, so i guess the answer to that is yes.