PDA

View Full Version : Dear mister Maddox

marmossel
10-29-2005, 01:24 AM
What I do want to ask in here, in my own personal name and I'm sure in the name of some (maybe even big) part of IL2 community is this:

It has been quite a while from the last good PTO flight simulator which had the most important planes of that war theatre covered. The name which comes into my mind at this moment is 1942: The Pacific Air war by Microprose. We had great expectations from PF due to the awesome work you put into the whole IL2 series until now, and I can't say we don't love the work you put into it until now. Yet, PF is missing some part of the core planes and ships sets of any solid implementation of a PTO flight sim.

What I'm talking about here are the following things:

Planes -
TBD Devastator (early PTO scenarios, but a MUST have for any decent Midway recreation)
B5N Kate
TBF/TBM Avenger
SBD2C Helldiver (for the late war part)
B6N Jill (for the late war part)
D4Y Judy (for the late war part)

Ships -
american CV Yorktown class
american BB any class (at least one)
japanese CB any class (at least one)

We do know some of these planes do not have (at least not yet, and maybe never will) a complete set of refferency materials to allow a recreation matching IL2 flight simulator series quality standards.

We also know that there were some problems regarding some specific american planes (legal aspects, or at least that's what we were let to believe to).

We would love to see these planes added to the Pacific Fighters as flyable planes in order to have the complete basic set of any decent PTO theatre flight simulator. It's the only thing that stops PTO flight simulator lovers to have PF as the best ever made!

Please consider the above planes, even if their cockpits won't be 100% matching Il2 series historical accuracy standards. We all are willing to have them rather like this, than not at all.

Also, if there's no way you can put them in game without having new additional cost, please consider these costs and the eventual solution to have them put together in a payed PF addon or even in a Il2 platinum package (FB+AEP+PF+ latest patch) which I'm positive will be a thing most of the PF/IL2 series buyers will find to be a must have and more than willing to pay for.

And at least, if any of the above requests are really an imposibillity, please be kind and at least let us know that, for sure, this will never happen! It will be far better than waiting with our hearts up to our mouths for each little bit of future PF patches/free addons only to suffer a cruel dissapointment to not se them in that patch's list!

We thank you for your work as it's our dayily joy and we're looking forward for your future plans regarding IL2 flight simulator series and any new other you're willing to create.

Thank you!

marmossel
10-29-2005, 01:24 AM
What I do want to ask in here, in my own personal name and I'm sure in the name of some (maybe even big) part of IL2 community is this:

It has been quite a while from the last good PTO flight simulator which had the most important planes of that war theatre covered. The name which comes into my mind at this moment is 1942: The Pacific Air war by Microprose. We had great expectations from PF due to the awesome work you put into the whole IL2 series until now, and I can't say we don't love the work you put into it until now. Yet, PF is missing some part of the core planes and ships sets of any solid implementation of a PTO flight sim.

What I'm talking about here are the following things:

Planes -
TBD Devastator (early PTO scenarios, but a MUST have for any decent Midway recreation)
B5N Kate
TBF/TBM Avenger
SBD2C Helldiver (for the late war part)
B6N Jill (for the late war part)
D4Y Judy (for the late war part)

Ships -
american CV Yorktown class
american BB any class (at least one)
japanese CB any class (at least one)

We do know some of these planes do not have (at least not yet, and maybe never will) a complete set of refferency materials to allow a recreation matching IL2 flight simulator series quality standards.

We also know that there were some problems regarding some specific american planes (legal aspects, or at least that's what we were let to believe to).

We would love to see these planes added to the Pacific Fighters as flyable planes in order to have the complete basic set of any decent PTO theatre flight simulator. It's the only thing that stops PTO flight simulator lovers to have PF as the best ever made!

Please consider the above planes, even if their cockpits won't be 100% matching Il2 series historical accuracy standards. We all are willing to have them rather like this, than not at all.

Also, if there's no way you can put them in game without having new additional cost, please consider these costs and the eventual solution to have them put together in a payed PF addon or even in a Il2 platinum package (FB+AEP+PF+ latest patch) which I'm positive will be a thing most of the PF/IL2 series buyers will find to be a must have and more than willing to pay for.

And at least, if any of the above requests are really an imposibillity, please be kind and at least let us know that, for sure, this will never happen! It will be far better than waiting with our hearts up to our mouths for each little bit of future PF patches/free addons only to suffer a cruel dissapointment to not se them in that patch's list!

We thank you for your work as it's our dayily joy and we're looking forward for your future plans regarding IL2 flight simulator series and any new other you're willing to create.

Thank you!

Col._King
10-31-2005, 04:54 AM
I second that! Well said!

WTG!

Archangel2980
10-31-2005, 07:06 AM
PF feels like a half finished game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

wcat
10-31-2005, 07:12 AM
I feel exactly the same, nice message.

LEXX_Luthor
10-31-2005, 04:46 PM
*thump*

Awsum

More Pacific may be for a 3rd Party team, hopefully Luthier, as Oleg needs to develop BoB And Beyond. csThor aside http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, FB engine is Perfect for Pacific if Pacific maps are made to model Pacific and NOT model Europe.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

VFS-214_Hawk
10-31-2005, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">buerebistas </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
&lt;S&gt; Well said, very polite and political but with no BS.

"...And at least, if any of the above requests are really an imposibillity, please be kind and at least let us know that, for sure, this will never happen!"

I wont be purchasing BoB untill PF meets the above or the statement is made.