PDA

View Full Version : Grnd targets + zoom view

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 04:08 PM
When in normal view, PgeDn FOV, I notice ground targets seem to be where they should: placed nicely on roads as the mission builder intended.

However, when viewing the same targets using the Delete/End keys, sometimes targets shift a bit.

Button mashing usually fixes the problem.

Another oddity: if you set visibility distance to minimum, planes disappear at certain distances and reappear further away. Its very odd.

While i'm complaining: why can i see larger dots in PgeDn-view than in Delete-view?

<font face="Courier New">

_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.

</font>

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 04:08 PM
When in normal view, PgeDn FOV, I notice ground targets seem to be where they should: placed nicely on roads as the mission builder intended.

However, when viewing the same targets using the Delete/End keys, sometimes targets shift a bit.

Button mashing usually fixes the problem.

Another oddity: if you set visibility distance to minimum, planes disappear at certain distances and reappear further away. Its very odd.

While i'm complaining: why can i see larger dots in PgeDn-view than in Delete-view?

<font face="Courier New">

_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.

</font>

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 07:23 PM
BaldieJr wrote:
- While i'm complaining: why can i see larger dots in
- PgeDn-view than in Delete-view?

It's because of different levels of detail. The way I understand it, as you move away from a target, it is rendered in less and less detail to save on CPU time. In the PgDn view, the target is at a lower LoD (level of detail) and is rendered just as a big dot with wing shaped dots. In the DELETE view, the target is rendered in more detail - the plane is actually rendered instead of a generic plane-shaped-dot thingy, that's why it looks smaller.

I think I've made it more complex than it is. If I did, I'm sorry /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
I could try and start over.