PDA

View Full Version : "Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign", coming soon

JastaV
05-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Hi everybody,

I spent past two months, or so, to work over a new project:

"Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign", a new Il2DCG add-on dynamic Mini Grand Campaign.

What' s new.

Nothing to see with my previous "GPW-Stalingrad Battle":

http://www.lowengrin.com/download.php?view.78

"Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign" employes brand new templates and files, and has been updated to last Il2DCG ver3.26-3.27 improvements.
It will be available for both single play both on-line game, and is compatible with Il2DCG ver4.04m, or ver4.05m.

Overview

Most minicampaign portrait the different phases of Stalingrad Campaign.....
Great care has been aimed to recreate the conditions and events of ground warfare historical Stalingrad Campaign.
Minicampaign have been also organized in a Grand-Mini-Campaign so to allow users to try the entire Stalingrad Campaign.

Users will have opportunity to enjoy plenty of Services: Luftwaffe, VVS, Rumanian Air Force, Italian Regia Aeronautica....

The minicampaigns

Kalach to Stalingrad.

It's the opening campaign.
German forces open their way to Stalingrad breaking through heavily defended Russian positions.
Units will advance along 6-7 separate paths leading to Volga River.....That and Il2DCG random factors will craete different conditions any time player will enjoy this campaign: player squadrons will be deployed at different airfields, and will be called to support peculiar areas of a large front.

Burning Stalingrad - "Bombs over Stalingrad"

With German Wermacht stopped and self reorganizing at Stalingrad edges, Luftwaffe engages a massive bombing raid over Stalingrad.
This campaign was designed to be played as a Night-Time one.....although played could easely switch to a day time campaign.
Most actions will took part over a burning and severely wounded city, with ground fires and search lights lighting up the night skies.

Fortress Stalingrad

While front line movement stands along the Don and Volga rivers, Wermacht storms Staligrad town in the planned definitive assault.
Most actions will take part over Stalingrad districts, surrounded in columns of dense smoke and raged by large fires.

Rattenkrieg

With Wermacht hung up in street engagements by a fierce opponent in a ghost town, Winter is arrived.
The VVS opposition is fading,.... Luftwaffe has gained qualitative and numerical superiority over Don-Volga front.
Christmas is near, and, for Germans, definitive victory too.....

Operation Uranus

At 16th November dawn massive Soviet Shock Armies crashed Axis lines along the Don front, NW of Stalingrad and in the lakes-swamps area South of Stalingrad.
Un-opposed Soviet armor columns are advancing deep behind Axis lines, along 5-6 separate paths leading to Kalach key location.
This is an all-map large campaign....Il2DCG random factors will influence player squadron deployement and the area of the battle he will mainly been envolved over.

Don Front Collapse

Paulus 6th army is entrapped inside Staligrad Bulge.
With the collapse of Axis Don front, Shock Soviet Armies are advancing South.
The German Bulge area narrows down, dayly......while 6th Army is supported by Luftwaffe transport planes.

Hoth's Offensive

The mid December German Counter-offensive was the extreme effort to relieve the bulged German forces.
Most action concentrates in the area South-SouthWest of Stalingrad and results in a massive winter armor engagements.

Is the end Known ??????

Not so in "Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign" !!!!!

In fact, the outcame of Hoth's Offensive will determine the whole Mini-gran-campaign result......

A German sucessfull counter-offensive will pull back Soviet Forces,...May be, in turn, bulging them in the Kalach sector......
On the contrary, if Soviet forces will success to stand Hoth Armor divisions, Paulus 6th Army will be forced to surrender.

Additional features

Paul Lowengrin Il2DCG is a mature and trustable Dynamic Campaign engine, although work in progress.....that means new, last time feature could also be added !!!!!

NEW ACES Add-on

Paul is preparing a massive Add-on dedicated to WWII Aces....
Tons of aces, with portrait and historically accurate profile, will soon appear in Il2DCG campaigns skies.
Luftvaffe, VVS, Normandie-Niemen, Rumanian Air Force, Italian Regia Aeronautica,....
The new Aces add-on should be released at any time compatible with "Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign" upload.

Third party skins

Although on my PC installation of "Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign" and during the extended testing phase I used plenty of third party skins, no third party skins will be included*** in the official release.
That to simplify installation and to reduce upload/download times.

Anyway Third party skins usage is recomanded.
DCG users could easely add and configure third party skins, at will, so to work with "Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign", as with any other il2DCG campaign.

I also suggested to a couple of skilled Third party skinnners to enlist and collect their best skins that could work with "Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign".
I could also provide the relative allpaints.dcg file so to simplify skins usage/instalaltion with "Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign".

***May be a couple of skins will be included in "Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign" release.

Further Developments

Il2ver4.04m versus Il2ver405m

"Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign" will be compatible with both foregoing quoted versions of Il2.

I have not been able to purchaise Pe-2 add-on: I've not a broadband connection, nor I like to use my credit cards on the net !!!!!

AS REGARD, I PLEASE ALL IL2 USERS TO SUBSCRIBE MY PETITION IN FAVOR OF THE CD/DVD_ROM VERSION, of Pe-2 and any future planned Il2 add-on !!!!!!

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/6551057934

With "Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign" template I used only il2ver4.04m objects.....anyway Il2DCG should, as defaut, update them to il2ver4.05m objects, for those users having the Il2ver405m and properly configuring Il2DCG to work with it.

Il2ver405m also adds Pe-2 type planes as player flyable.....I could include in "Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign" release separate DGen files for both Il2ver4.04m and Il2ver405m installation....
I'll discuss that issue with Paul.

"Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign", is in my plan the first of a large series of new Il2DCG add-on campaigns....
I hope to be able to release in a near future also a Kursk-Prokhorovka, a Crimea 1941, a Kuban , a Crimea 1944 campaigns set.
At any release new Campaigns should be integrated with older ones, so to be played as a large Grandcampaign at users will.

Special Thanks to Paul Lowengrin that again supported my project with improvements and addition to Il2DCG engine.

A big thank to Tchaika and Andreas Himme that sent me plenty of skins I could use in my installation of "Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign".

I'll be pleased to discuss any suggestions and comment to present project, with anyone.
Any feedback will be welcome.

JastaV

RedToo
05-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Sounds great, looking forward to it.

RedToo.

JastaV
05-26-2006, 09:52 AM
"Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign" RELEASE......

see link for update:

http://forums.jg1.org/viewtopic.php?t=12292

SeaFireLIV
05-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks, jastav.

JastaV
06-27-2006, 04:10 AM
"Great Patriotic War - Southern Front -, Stalingrad Campaign" is available for download:

http://www.lowengrin.com/request.php?104

JastaV

J.M.LLOYD
06-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi JastaV. Your Great Patriotic War sounds wonderful,Question? after download whats the correct path to place the files into FB/AOR/PF/4.04........ thanks J

JastaV
07-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by J.M.LLOYD:
Hi JastaV. Your Great Patriotic War sounds wonderful,Question? after download whats the correct path to place the files into FB/AOR/PF/4.04........ thanks J

1. Copy & paste "GPW-FS" folder over your Il2DCG main directory/folder....that to say the installation folder used for Il2DCG !!!!!!

2. Copy & paste "DGen" folder included files over Dgen folder/directory present in your Il2-PF installation directory......

3. Copy & paste "Ju-52_3mg4e" folder over PaintSchemes/Skins/Ju-52_3mg4e folder of your Il2-PF installation directory.