PDA

View Full Version : graphic card rating

J.M.LLOYD
05-18-2007, 11:32 PM
How would you Americans rate the BFG range of graphic cards, are they really as they claim,

The Gamers Choice? living in Australia we are dominated by the Asian market, I know that cards from companies like Asus,Leadtek,and Gigabyte are very good, but does the Gamers Choice have the edge? I would like to hear your comments...............Thanks

Ernst_Rohr
05-18-2007, 11:42 PM
BFG cards are excellent, you definately get what you pay for. Depending on the card, several models come factory overclocked, and the performance reflects it.

More importantly, BFG has excellent customer service. My last three cards have been BFG, and I have bee quite happy with them.

R_Target
05-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Most cards these days deviate little from the reference design, so most perform about the same. I bought BFG for the no B.S. warranty, which came in handy when my 7900GT bit the dust a few months ago. Paid for cross shipping, got the new one two days later, and the charge was removed from my card shortly after they received the dead one.

J.M.LLOYD
05-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks Ernst. I am going to build a new rig shortly, would you suggest other products by BFG, such as motherboards.

stansdds
05-19-2007, 04:58 AM
These days one video card manufacturer is pretty much like any other, the difference is in factory overclocking, cooling solutions, customer service and warranty. As for their motherboards, outstanding warranty and seems to me I did read a good review somewhere. BFG has a great reputation and they stand behind their products.

Oh, here is a review of their 590 SLI board.
http://www.penstarsys.com/reviews/motherboard/bfg/590sli/index.html

Bearcat99
05-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Ernst_Rohr:
BFG cards are excellent, you definately get what you pay for. Depending on the card, several models come factory overclocked, and the performance reflects it.

More importantly, BFG has excellent customer service. My last three cards have been BFG, and I have bee quite happy with them.

Me too.....

Chris0382
05-19-2007, 12:17 PM
I agree. BFG is one of the top quality mfg's.

VW-IceFire
05-19-2007, 12:20 PM
I have bought BFG, Asus, and XFX and been happy with all of those recently. Haven't had to use the warranty on any of them but in terms of the cards and packages...probably all about the same. BFG really does seem to stand behind their product...even with the factory overclocking.

Xiolablu3
05-19-2007, 12:29 PM
To be honest most of known mkes of GFX card are almost the same, with only a few tweaks to the normal Nvidia settings.

BFG will be fine.

For motherboards good makes are MSI (always excellent) ,ABit,Asus, DFI, Gigabyte.

I had a mental block now, but I am sure some others will add more good makes.

Not heard of BFG motherboards before.

JRJacobs
05-19-2007, 07:25 PM
At this time ALL 8800GT series cards are made by NVIDIA, warranty rules the roost. overclocking by the manufacturer is hit of miss (they do nothing you couldn't do yourself) but at least it's OCed under warranty. Once again there's the W word.
bear in mind though I put TWO EVGA superclocked 8800GTXs in my system so obviously I went that route but it was the double-lifetime warranty (lifetime for me AND lifetime for whomever i sell them too - and lifetime means lifetime) that got me to go there.

J.M.LLOYD
05-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks for all your comments Boys,I would say that BFG oc cards is the way to go.......Jeff