PDA

View Full Version : Losing more often by shooting down

|CoB|_Spectre
01-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Lately I seem to be losing my own aircraft after shooting down the enemy. I've always had a tendency to get in as close as possible when pulling the trigger on a bandit. Since the last patch or two, the doomed bandit's aircraft explode far more often than they used to and I lose a wing. The explosion can be instantaneous or can be delayed long enough to allow me to pull-off and, just about the time I think I'm clear, boom! I lose a large and important part of my airplane. Granted, that's the risk you pay for being at short range to increase your ammo's effectiveness. I'm not complaining, just wanting to know if there has been a noticed increase in this area.

|CoB|_Spectre
01-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Lately I seem to be losing my own aircraft after shooting down the enemy. I've always had a tendency to get in as close as possible when pulling the trigger on a bandit. Since the last patch or two, the doomed bandit's aircraft explode far more often than they used to and I lose a wing. The explosion can be instantaneous or can be delayed long enough to allow me to pull-off and, just about the time I think I'm clear, boom! I lose a large and important part of my airplane. Granted, that's the risk you pay for being at short range to increase your ammo's effectiveness. I'm not complaining, just wanting to know if there has been a noticed increase in this area.

Chuck_Older
01-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Not by me. I fire from 325m max, and 50m or so minimum, and I even violate that rule by keeping the enemy off to one side so I can get hits closer

|CoB|_Spectre
01-09-2005, 09:10 AM
One thing I didn't mention that may be an important piece of the puzzle, this perceived increase in mutual destruction happens to me in online co-ops. It's a fact that data transfer rates online can cause noticeable differences in the game. I don't fly offline very much, so I don't have experience on which to base an accurate opinion.