PDA

View Full Version : ME-262 and HE-162 engines seem more damage resistant now

TPN_Cephas
12-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Went back and flew some of my older co-ops the other night and it really seems like the 262 in particular was much more resitant to engine fires when you shoot them. The 262 generally always lit up if you even shot in the direction of their wing. We flew several missions with it last night and had hardly any fires even though we got tagged several times. The He-162 behaved similarily, although I have had practically zero experience flying it before.

I for one am very happy to see this, and I hope this was not a fluke, has anyone else noticed this?

The engines do still catch fire very easily with fast throttle movements though which is ok by me.

The 262 has improved greatly from the original version that would fall out of the sky if one engine went out. I would like to thank Oleg for his continued attention to improving the game.

BTW the 30mm shells also looked a lot different and better to me, like giant flaming white ballistic trajectory golf balls without the blinding flash, MOST EXCELLENT!

VW-IceFire
12-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Yep...this was improved in 2.04. But moreso now. I think its a bit better. Still, if you hammer them for a bit they will light up. Its just a bit less of a nuisance to a random stray bullet.

Waldo.Pepper
12-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Me thinks that you (and we) are just getting better at it.

Fennec_P
12-05-2004, 04:17 AM
After hammering some me-262s in FMB, and getting hammered, it seems about the same to me.

VW-IceFire
12-05-2004, 08:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fennec_P:
After hammering some me-262s in FMB, and getting hammered, it seems about the same to me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes but if you went and did it before, a .50cal hit on the wing was likely to cause the engine to burst into flames. Not so anymore.