PDA

View Full Version : Lack of precise mouse sensitivity

IronCommando
07-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Unfortunately because of the standardization for consoles certain things can get ommitted on PC versions, namely a proper sensitivity slider. Having 10 "generic" slider options for sensitivity is just horrid for the mouse... and after looking through every profile config file the game generates I can determine it is likely being stored in a binary file that is not directly editable.

I would like to put the request out there (and I hope everyone will agree) we need a way to alter the game's sensitivity with far more precision.

Liquid_Z
07-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Mouse sensitivity? I haven't even touched that. I find that what it's set at now is great! I know that doesn't help at all... but what if you change your mouse speed via your system preferences? Would that override the games mouse sensitivity?

IronCommando
07-01-2009, 11:05 PM
No this does not allow the level of control desired. The problem is I can't fine tune the game's setting.

It's also impractical to have my windows sensitivity at something I do not want it at.

Liquid_Z
07-01-2009, 11:10 PM
I find the lack of being able to change a lot of the settings troubling as well. Hopefully they will allow for more customization in future patches. Things like changing the mouse sensitivity should be standard in every game.

WilliamMoney88
07-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Im having similar issues with mouse.. its seems as if it jumps to point to point and doesnt slide across screen gracefully making targeting with skill and not auto aim very difficult specially in multiplayer maps, i do hope they fix this issue.

Joppiehump
07-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by IronCommando:
Unfortunately because of the standardization for consoles certain things can get ommitted on PC versions, namely a proper sensitivity slider. Having 10 "generic" slider options for sensitivity is just horrid for the mouse... and after looking through every profile config file the game generates I can determine it is likely being stored in a binary file that is not directly editable.

I would like to put the request out there (and I hope everyone will agree) we need a way to alter the game's sensitivity with far more precision.

I only have that problem in singleplayer, I think its got something to do with auto-aim (which cant be turned off either).

IronCommando
07-02-2009, 11:53 AM
No the problem for me isn't the auto aim, it's the fact that I can't adjust the sensitivity to the right setting, because the slider bar for it in the game only has about 10 notches on it I can get it close, but it's still either too sensitive or not quite.

A basic 10 notch bar like this is fine for a controller gamepad but not a mouse.

dreddwales
07-02-2009, 04:04 PM
As a PC player of the game, I do agree. The mouse has a very sluggish feel to it and no amount of tweaking can solve it. The Auto aim feature is just terrible too ..... trying to target those 5 soldiers at the beginning of the game in slow motion was a joke, the cross hair was all over the place, it was as if you were fighting the auto aim?
Hope they remove the auto aim feature and do a little tweaking for us PC customers! I know we aint as profitable but we are customers all the same ..... dont forget about us! There are still those who pay for their PC games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hobbes
07-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Agreed. The opening level was really awkward for me - and I've kind of adopted a style of "close enough - now I just need my enemy to walk in front of my stationary cross-hair". That's a slight exaggeration, but I never recall feeling like that with the first game.

Fact is, when I put my opponents down in COJ1, it just felt as though I was playing skilfully (a feeling that the game engendered) - with this, I often feel I need to get lucky - or that the game feels the need to hold my hand. And I put this mostly down to the mouse precision (and don't even START me on the auto-aim).

Still, the developers deserve a huge amount of respect for the fact they continued working on the original game for so long - I just hope that they will be willing to acknowledge these concerns and give us some hope that they will be tweaked in the future ...

(otherwise, there's lots that I really like about the game, so far)

ktlocalbus
07-08-2009, 12:44 AM
play 5 minutes... already feel dizzy...

slight move of my mouse..the whole screen move so fast...

change the mouse sensitivity.. the whole screen move so slow...

looks like wasted the money.. stick to my call of duty for now until better patch !