PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION UBISOFT. THIS IS HOW YOU PLEASE FANS

PlayerHater117
01-04-2010, 03:45 PM
It's time we (the fans) make a better effort to connect to ubisoft and give them our hopes and aspirations for Assassins Creed 3...so they can be squashed in the development process anyway (But chainsaw hidden blades are NOT illogical! It would TOTALLY fit! <Lets try not to sound like this though...)

But in all seriousness if any one wants to make an effort to let Ubisoft have an idea of what we'd like to see in the franchise, what we'd already liked in the franchise, and what made us want to ask them WTF WERE YOU THINKING?!, or spontaneously shout "GAY!"....feel free to post.

It'd be nice if anyone could try to bring this thread to their attention, as I am barely sentient when it comes to the use of forums. I'm not even sure this will work.

PlayerHater117
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
As far as plot I'd like to see this.

Instead of having to choose which era, which location, and which ancestor Desmond will be visiting through the animus (if any...) it'd be nice to alternate between time periods and locations. Maybe to help find peices of eden he would go into the animus and look for clues of their location in different times and places. (WWII,[Which could be a way to introduce players to modern(ish) warfare with Guns, Bombs, etc....this could be the first memory sequence before Desmond fights in modern times to essentially RE-TEACH players how to fight.] Feudal Japan, Civil & Revolutionary Wars, Napoleonic wars, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, and even during global conflict between indigenous peoples and their European colonizers.)

After Desmond locates all the Peices of Eden (Or in between the discovery of them) he would go out into the real world, to go "treasure hunting" (Uncharted style =P) and find these peices of Eden, and undoubtedly kick some Templar *** sometime in the process. He needs to get laid as soon as possible too. The whole delaying the Lucy love story is freakin killing meh. Haha, but it'd also be nice to go out and assassinate modern Templars too. Maybe infiltrate Abstergo (Splinter Cell style) and straight MERC.

The implementation of more Assassin characters is really necessary. And I mean REAL Assassin characters. Like the one's that are out there doing the fighting, while Shaun, the tech chick, and Lucy sit in that room crying because they're getting their asses kicked. I want to see tech savy kickass modern day Assassin's who are less philosophical and a little more gritty and badass.

Just my view of it. If anyone agrees....hell even if you DON'T agree it'd be nice if someone could try to bring my view to Ubisofts attention.

I'd return the favor.

beaverpwnsall
01-04-2010, 03:54 PM
I think there should be different times you can go to and let the players pick wich person to be, make like all the ancesters even 1 before
Altair. Let you be able to buy 2 handed swords and spears and stuff in shops too.

PlayerHater117
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Gameplay Wise...

They've done a great job in my opinion. If we end up fighting in modern times I think they should keep the weapon wheel, adjust the targeting system as they see fit, and try to figure out how pressin R and A at the same time will make you dodge bullets. (Bullet time maybe??)

Counter kills should be like: roll to avoid fire and pop up on a knee and busta cap in dat ***. (How's my ebonics?) Bullet time would make for some sweet Counters too: As you see your target is about to open fire, when you counter it'd be sweet for everything to go into slowmotion and have desmond dive (Maybe giving the player a minor degree of control over the angle and direction of the dive) while he opens fire in mid-air for the kill.

When it comes to AMMO...I leave it to Ubisoft. Just don't make us have ridiculously low ammounts of bullets (Lol...6 doesn't work when the other guys have guns too)

As far as balancing melee and ranged weapon use in modern times...as much as it pains me to say this...it really seems like they should only have melee when you sneak up on an unsuspecting target and he (and you) has no time to draw a firearm. Or when you're trying to be quiet and you don't have a silencer (but really what Assassin wouldn't have a silencer....maybe it'd break or something) (God I hope they don't make a lame excuse to exclude ranged fighting (guns) from the game. I mean if they didn't want to kill Desmond, it doesn't mean they'd immediately put their guns down and whip out some pretty batons...I mean come on! They could use tranquilizers, Tazers, even ELECTRIC batons...but not just sticks...might as well whip out some *****'s...Wouldn't the templars realize it'd take more than that to down an assassin by now?)

Climbing and free running in a modern city presents a challenge. Houses, cars, smaller buildings, and objects along the street could be climbed easily without there being a problem when it comes to realism. But sleek skyscrapers with NO ledges or crevices to climb on, present a problem. I propose we climb the building from the inside. In a business building you would infiltrate the building, blend in with officeworkers to avoid security while you made your way to the top. Taking an elevator(which would be extremely hard to get to...otherwise it'd be too easy to get to the top), climbing stairs (but not all the way up...somehow the mapping of the game would prevent the player from just taking a boring walk all the way up.), or even like crawling through vents, or finding maintenance keys (pickpocketting Janitors?) so that you could access the top floor so you could open the door on top of the building to synchronize the viewpoint. And if the building didn't have a "top" you would just look out a window at the highest point and synchronize. A really cool element to reward the player for making the trek too the top: Establish a "minimum height" in the building in which players can look out a window and synchronize the viewpoint. But then allow them go further to the top. The farther to the top you go the more of the map you uncover when you synchronize the viewpoint, and maybe there'd be rewards (money or whatever) at the top in a safe or something, to compensate the player for going that far.

Acastle
01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
I hope AC3 is a linear FPS with bald marines.

PlayerHater117
01-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Acastle:
I hope AC3 is a linear FPS with bald marines.

We can only hope.

BTOG46
01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Please use the existing Assassin's Creed 3 and beyond (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8251094497) thread for your ideas. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif