PDA

View Full Version : Revolutionary...the MDS mod

fabianfred
11-13-2009, 04:42 AM
The last version of MDS (Moving Dogfight Server) v.1.0 in the new UltraPack is amazing.....
The best of Single/Coops/DF all rolled into one.
To be able to fly from a carrier or airstrip...then return and Refuel/Rearm/Repair minor gun stoppage and continue flying in the same action. or if you are killed or have to bail, then choosing refly and perhaps going from a new base or even from the other side ...and rejoin the same action..... absolutely amazing!
And the new moving Infantry add some life to the scene and the AI will straffe them too.
The radar can be set-up in many ways too....
Once we get the triggers and multi-engine support from TD I shall be able to go to heaven.

Choctaw111
11-13-2009, 06:00 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a movie made using these new features, just to see what it is like.

Bearcat99
11-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Yes it is nice... Long overedue..

rnzoli
11-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Choctaw111:
I wouldn't mind seeing a movie made using these new features, just to see what it is like.
Thre was a youtube vid about UKD3 with this, bt basically it looks nothing special to someone who played single player or co-op before. It's mostly useful for the fast action online players, who have never seen a moving column on the ground or a tight 4-plane formation in the air.

It is probably a great extension of the DF servers, am not sure this will be anything close to a co-op in the look and feel.
As players start to die/crash, there will be again that unrealistic beeline stream of individual pilots to/from the main combat areas, which you see on other DF servers. In co-ops, the look and feel is more close to flying formations, instead of individuals.