PDA

View Full Version : Would Appreciate help with DGen 3.11

CraytonRoberts
11-07-2004, 07:24 PM
I have attempted in all ways possible to upgrade v3.00 to 3.11. The versions I downloaded from 3D Gamers all had no exe. option. My WinZip dosen't install them. I've tried cut and paste of DGen 3.11 into FBAEP+PF and it simply won't convert. I've tried drag and drop of DGen 3.11 over DGen. Nada. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. Plese help; I really want the new operations!

Nige_Reconman
11-07-2004, 07:36 PM
All you need to do is extract the 3.11 files over to the PF folder replacing the files of the same name. iew under c: program files/ubisoft/pacific fighters/ drop them in that folder.

As far as i'm aware it doesn't change the version number to 3.11b at all.

Unless i've installed it wrong, but it has cleaned up (fixed) my continual campaign crashes. Japanese pilot AI seems a bit tougher too!

Athosd
11-07-2004, 07:36 PM
DGEN 3.11 does not change the version of the game. It is as, you noted, merely a selection of files in a zip archive.
All you have to do is extract the archive into your FB:AEP:PF game folder - make sure that path names are kept intact (otherwise the files won't go into their proper folders).

How will you know if you have applied it correctly? Aside from checking file sizes and modification dates (comparing the archive to the same files in your installation) - you could just launch PF and try to start a USMC campaign for Wake Island (this was added in 3.11).

Cheers

Athos

CraytonRoberts
11-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys... but... I've d ragged and dropped 3.11 into PF. I've cut and pasted the same. Still only get Midway and Guadalcanal in USMC. Lordie, this is frustrating, using up a Sunday!.

Athosd
11-07-2004, 11:19 PM
Are you trying to start a fighter or bomber USMC campaign from Wake Island?
I'm not sure if there is one for the Dauntless.

Another way to check - http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif - would be start an RAAF Beaufighter campaign in New Guinea. If the whole squadron drives into the side of mountain you still have the original DGEN active.
If they sail over the mountains with room to spare then you have DGEN 3.11 beta.

Salute

Athos

CraytonRoberts
11-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Athosd, I didn't know there was a USMC bomber option. I still cannot understand when I can't install 3.11 . I went to the folders, cut the DGen 3.11 folder and pasted it over the PF icon on the same page. Still no change and the Beaufighters fly magically into the mountain and the Marine aviators only fly at Midway and Guadalcanal. Bummer.

Mobi1
11-08-2004, 04:36 PM
I thought DGen when in to the Root PF folder..Worked for me

oFZo
11-08-2004, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mobi1:
I thought DGen when in to the Root PF folder..Worked for me <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jetenginedr
11-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Linky??