PDA

View Full Version : Crash in Tomahna, Power Box riddle

Skibee
01-06-2005, 07:45 AM
I'm playing a fully-installed M4 on my Acer Travelmate 800 laptop (ATI Mobility Radeon 9000, driver version 6292). The game was going smoothly until I hit a point where Yeesha found out that the Power Box in one of the greenhouse in Tomahna is flashing its red light (yes it's veeerryy early in the game, the chrystal viewer just blew up). She didn't even finished her sentence when it just crashes. I know, laptops are not supported, but it's the only one I've got right now and I've been waiting for this game for soooo loooong.

Haven't tried the Omega driver everyone's been talking, sounds risky to me, but will try in desperation later. THe only possible solution I can think of right now is for someone (very kind, very generous) to send me his/her saved game, at the point AFTER the power box riddle is solved. My email is skibeeglowbug@yahoo.com. You can see my desperation, posting my email in a forum. Please kindly empty the picture journal thing before you (kind personhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) save and send the saved game, coz internet where I am right now is sooooooo sloooowww. Thanks a bunch in advance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jetuserX
01-06-2005, 10:32 AM
omega isnt really risky but it usually works better than nvidia drivers do anyways.. so i would reccomend you try that

Skibee
01-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Just finished installing the Omega Driver. Installation successful, the Configurator stated that my driver is now compatible. But the game still crashes prior to the Power Box riddle. Yeesha's just started saying "Dad blew up the power again didn't he..." and the program just collapsed. I still need that game save file. Anyone? Pretty Please?

jetuserX
01-06-2005, 08:59 PM
what about ur audio drivers? are they up to date?

Skibee
01-07-2005, 06:00 AM
Well...according to the configurator I have all systems green and running. The graphic driver also got a green after I installed the Omega Driver, previously it's question marked. Question: should I tweak the VGA card via Omega control pannel? You know, increase this and that? I'm now downloading the latest driver for my soundcard (realtek AC'97). Configurator says it's OK, but I'll try the latest driver before crying in desperation again. Thanks jetuserX for the follow ups.

maztec
01-07-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't recommend tweaking the settings on your card unless you know what you're doing.