PDA

View Full Version : Role of the Ki-46?

darkhorizon11
12-10-2005, 12:43 AM
What is the purpose of this plane? It looks and seems to fly like a 110... but it doesn't carry bombs, at least not in-game. I'm guessing she's a bomber interceptor? but it doesn't seem to dogfight much. If you put AI skill on ace they dodge and avoid but their not very aggressive. If you turn it down to normal they just fly straight and level and get chewed up? Am I missing something?

darkhorizon11
12-10-2005, 12:43 AM
What is the purpose of this plane? It looks and seems to fly like a 110... but it doesn't carry bombs, at least not in-game. I'm guessing she's a bomber interceptor? but it doesn't seem to dogfight much. If you put AI skill on ace they dodge and avoid but their not very aggressive. If you turn it down to normal they just fly straight and level and get chewed up? Am I missing something?

LEBillfish
12-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Initially they were purely a reconnaissance plane. Later on subsequent versions were adapted to bomber interceptors due to their speed (I believe one of the fastest planes the Japanese built)

Heliopause
12-10-2005, 06:30 AM
As a recon plane it was probably the fastest. Flying high and fast made it perfect for that role.

p1ngu666
12-10-2005, 07:55 AM
was the only purpose bulit recon plane in ww2 i think, and it was very good at recon

JtD
12-10-2005, 08:49 AM
It's main advantage over other recon planes probably was range. No other plane could go as far as high as fast.

JG53Frankyboy
12-12-2005, 03:00 AM
the Ki-46-III Recce in game is a recon aircraft

the Ki-46-III KAI is a ground attack aircraft; yes, without bombs !! you can imagine how sucessfull it would have been when it would have been saw action - wich it dont, so far i read.

the Ki-46-III Kai Otsu is a bomber interceptor - far from beeing very succsefull because slow climbrate and very vulnerable construction.