PDA

View Full Version : Most Frustrating Moment

CaptainRadish
03-25-2005, 05:33 PM
I'm curious to see people's most frustrating moments. I have noticed a trend with all of mine: they all deal with C2 cargo exclusively.

1.) Running around in my IIA. Come across a C2 with three fish left. Salvo tubes one and two. Both explode under the ship and it stops its motor and starts to sink. After a while, I decide I need to put my last fish into it. It is dead in the water, so there is no way I can miss. My last fish flies perfectly into the side of the big cargo ship with a thud and sinks to the bottom. ARGH! That's when I started sailing around the ship at flank speed firing 20mm into it in frustration.

2.) Sailing around in my VIIC. Find a C2 cruising around by itself. I have four fish left in the forward tubes, so I figure it's a good target to use up my torpedos (by that point I know how tough the C2 is). I fire a salvo of two. One hits near the rudder and the other misses entirely. It blows the ship's prop off and it eventually stops. Unfortunately for me it then gets extremely foggy (**** Scottish wheather). I lose track of the ship in the fog. I manage to target it a couple times and fire my two remaining fish at it. One hits somewhere near the bow and the other buries itself in the dirt underneath the ship (Another thud fish). So there I am, sitting, with a crippled C2 directly in front of me, with no fish left, and a "storm" which didn't pass in over two days as I sat there.

3.) Stalking a convoy with a very juicy ocean liner in the middle. I take aim and salvo my four tubes into the convoy. One fish hits the stern of the liner, one hits a destroyer that blundered into its path, and the other two miss entirely. Now, I have a very pissed off destroyer trying to find me in the fog. I dive and maniever as best I can, firing fish out my rear toward the destroyer. I eventually pegged it in its midsection and it broke apart. That was when I realized I used up all but my two stored torpedoes against the destroyer. I surface and move both into my tubes and go to find the liner again. He's sitting there with only one screw going nowhere fast. I line up my forward tube and score a direct hit under the funnel. He's not going down yet, so I line up my rear tube and fire my last fish. Unfortunately, I forgot that I loaded TIIs in the rear tubes, so the torpedo ran out of gas about 75 meters short of the liner. And again, there was a "storm" so I couldn't take the ship out with my gun. I was not a happy camper.

P.S. Does anyone know why I can take out a C3 with one fish but I can plug five torpedoes into a c2 without it even slowing down?

TASKFORCE1x1
03-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Im frustrated to see that a ship that I fired upon still burns forever. When I came home from work 12 hours later its still burning. ISnt that weird?

CaptainRadish
03-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Yuk.

Reminds me of the ocean liner -- it spun around in big circles for days.

stevenwhiting
03-25-2005, 05:40 PM
When you fire a torp and it miss' within an inch!

AARRRRGGHHHH

DEFkon2005
03-25-2005, 05:51 PM
was heading home after a poor patrol when i came across a long cargo ship. I had 2 torpedos left. First one hit and stoped it dead in the water second one hit, but it wouldn't sink. The water was too rough so i couldn't use the deck gun. Rammed the ship at 15knots about 2-3 times. Thing still wouldn't go down.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

HeibgesU999
03-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Firing all 5 torps of my Type II at C2 Merchant.
2 Hits. 3 Misses. C2 Merchant sails away. I sail back to port.

r4iney
03-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Simple one for me ... being hit by my own torpedo

Aiming at a cruiser 6 miles out, torpedo stops halfway, circles one time and comes back in a different direction and hits the route I an going now (my route to the patrol zone)

my reason for not reacting and divning was because i was more focused on the tv once i fired the torpedo.

**** happens

Iuvart
03-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Making it through the straits of Gibraltar, passing about two dozen destroyer just to get sunk by two planes afterwards.
I was sooooo pissed.
Mainly at myself though. :/