PDA

View Full Version : Cities - Just Constantinople?

wazza1023
06-16-2011, 04:03 AM
Hey guys.
Well, I was excited about Constantinople, after seeing some of the gameplay, but, I found myself wanting to be able to go to other main cities, including Masyaf and perhaps another major city.
And yes, I know that Constantinople will be so much more dense than Roma was, but I sorta feel it'd be better if we could travel to (and perhaps between) cities. I would like to see contrasting cities with different environments, as in the first two games. i.e. Acre - Jerusalem - Damascus, Firenze - Venezia - Forli

Also, it would be pretty cool if maybe Masyaf, if it isn't overrun by Templars, could be set up as a Monteriggioni, with a full-on upgrade system - I'd love to see a really improved, EXPANDED (too small in AC1) version of Masyaf in Revelations.

I know Constantinople will be epic, but surely there was something happening in other places?

Ass4ssin8me
06-16-2011, 04:16 AM
Agreed. I didn't like Rome, because one big map made it a bit boring. I hope they have more than just the one.

eagleforlife1
06-16-2011, 04:33 AM
Agree. I liked the system in the first two Assassin's Creeds where we could visit different cities. Not quite sure why they felt the need to change that. I don't like Brotherhood where you reach a blue marker and it transports you there itself; it removes the immersion.

reini03
06-16-2011, 06:09 AM
We are actually going to visit Cappadocia as well... a Templar underground-city :P

kriegerdesgottes
06-16-2011, 10:14 AM
I agree even though I don't have a problem with Constantinople being slightly smaller and more dense as long as that is historically accurate. I would still like to be able to fast travel to other cities and I am pretty sure the reason that is being left out is simply time restraints put on the developers. I am curious to see how Cappadocia turns out. I hope it isn't another "Oh in this game you get to go to Spain" like in Brotherhood.

Noble6
06-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
We are actually going to visit Cappadocia as well... a Templar underground-city :P
I thought it was something multiplayer only? Maybe I have read false information from somewhere.Interesting nevertheless.

Kramerisgamer
06-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Halfway through the game you get to go to Masyaf.

Stowdace
06-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Yes, the main story will take place only in Constantinople but the city will be divided into four districts. However, I heard or read somewhere that you can join a recruit on a mission outside of the city to explore the Mediteranian(spelling?)

Chamboozer
06-16-2011, 03:22 PM
It would have been cool to visit other Ottoman cities like Bursa or Edirne. Obviously it's too late in development for anything like that to change but one can dream.

Also, in one of the magazine articles it says you're going to go to Rhodes at some point, if I remember correctly.

Dralight
06-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Chamboozer:
It would have been cool to visit other Ottoman cities like Bursa or Edirne. Obviously it's too late in development for anything like that to change but one can dream.

Also, in one of the magazine articles it says you're going to go to Rhodes at some point, if I remember correctly.

Rhodes will be be included in the multiplayer as one of the new maps from what i've heard, as it isn't relevant to the single player story.

reini03
06-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Noble6:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
I thought it was something multiplayer only? Maybe I have read false information from somewhere.Interesting nevertheless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The multiplayer-only place will be Rhodes. We'll be able to go to Cappadocia in the single-player http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

beatledude210
06-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Well, there will be cities to visit while your playing as Altair, Jerusalem, Damascus maybe?

Chamboozer
06-17-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't really get why they focus so much on Cappadocia when they could go to Rhodes, an island which was ruled by Crusading knights at the time. It fits so perfectly to make it a Templar base.

Cappadocia is a cool place, but it was inhabited by a handful of Turkish nomads. Seems like Ubisoft is ignoring a great opportunity with the Knights on Rhodes in this time period. XD

I imagine that Altair will go to Constantinople as well, as he hid the keys to the Masyaf treasure there. Maybe that is why Ezio is living his memories, to find those keys.

rileypoole1234
06-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah I actually read that they were adding something to the "sending recruits on missions" mechanic. It would be awesome if you could go on the missions all over Europe with them.

Shababa2011
06-17-2011, 04:13 PM
just so you guys know, the reason why they made brotherhood "rome only" was because it was to large to have in ac2, the original plan was to have all 4cities in ac2, but the game would be to big back then if rome was in it too, so they remade it into venice, florence, monteriggioni etc. and then putting rome for itself in the next game, which also gave them the opportunity to make rome even bigger.