PDA

View Full Version : Hired thieves tip

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-26-2011, 04:37 AM
just in case you havent tried it.....

hire a group of thieves and just go walkabout in the rich districts.
they rob them blind and make you a fortune for doing nothing.

also seem to be a few lil treats waiting in those districts,as a few times i saw well over a grand robbed from some.

ps...
going to bed ?
just stand in a main walkthrough with your thieves hired and go to sleep.
the passing pedestrians make those thieves work overtime.

L0lwu7
03-27-2011, 04:44 AM
Dayum, this is good. Now I can start a new game with no fear of not being able to afford all my old stuff!

Vey03
04-03-2011, 02:26 AM
Making money in you sleep! Brilliant, lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kriss3d
04-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Uhmm what are those thieves ?? You mean the mercenaries standing gambling on rooftops or somthing ? I cant seem to find any thieves.. (I cant seem to find any guardposts either.. Im 2 guys short of completing the courtesans quests)

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by kriss3d:
Uhmm what are those thieves ?? You mean the mercenaries standing gambling on rooftops or somthing ? I cant seem to find any thieves.. (I cant seem to find any guardposts either.. Im 2 guys short of completing the courtesans quests)

http://members.multimania.co.uk/rachealmac/thieves.jpg

kriss3d
04-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Ahh yeah i thought it was that icon i should look for. Ill check it out when i can and see if it earns me those green really fast.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-05-2011, 02:24 AM
since completing the game i realise this tip is only useful at the early parts,
as by the halfway point you usually have half a million +,
so money is no problem later on,you always have more than you can possibly spend.

Vey03
04-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by AJ_Rimmer_Bsc:
so money is no problem later on,you always have more than you can possibly spend.

Sad, but true. I was hoping for a more balanced approach to money, but alas no. You're counting pennies when you first start, and i'm in sequence 3 only, and have plenty to go around.
I wish it was more uniform. Not nothing at the start, then mountains later on.

It makes the shop quests useless because by the time you've collected the right amounts of tomatoes, you've got more than enough for a better weapon than whatever the quest unlocks.

Small thing really in an otherwise briliant game. But as they say, it's the small things that make the differnce http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tjbyrum1
04-05-2011, 11:50 AM
I figured this out when my cousin was playing. He hired some thieves and pick-pocketed some folks - then I saw more money popping up.

A good idea. However I generally do not buy items in any game until the end. Not sure why, I just don't.

kriss3d
04-05-2011, 02:03 PM
For some reason my thieves wont pickpocket anyone. They will just follow me around. I can use them for luring guards and such but they wont do any pickpocketing.. howcome ? I did finish the game if that makes a diffrence.

kriss3d
04-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Nobody knows ??

Do i have to have my rep up with the thieves or somthing in order to have them pickpocket people ?

Ureh
04-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by kriss3d:
Nobody knows ??

Do i have to have my rep up with the thieves or somthing in order to have them pickpocket people ?

You need to complete the Thieves Guild Challenges. You can find all of them in the DNA menu and also posted in the Volpe's tavern. The challenges involve completing certain actions usually involving thieves and free-running.

They will tell you how many challenges you need to complete to obtain the next reward.

Most of the rewards are pretty obsolete. My favorite are the new abilities for each faction: poison kiss for courtesans, pickpocketing for thieves, and bodyguards for mercenaries.