PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Rose

Capt._Tenneal
01-24-2005, 08:59 AM
@ NTesla or anyone working on PF briefing sounds, a suggestion : I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but for Allied campaigns maybe you can someday include.... Tokyo Rose !

It would be cool to hear her mocking the Allies before a big mission, then play a "special song just for you boys about to die". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

m.manson2004
01-24-2005, 09:29 AM
was'nt there a venereal disease with that name as well?
manson

BPLIzard
01-24-2005, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by m.manson2004:
was'nt there a venereal disease with that name as well?
manson <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're talking about Saigon Rose, perhaps?

Blackdog5555
01-24-2005, 02:39 PM
good idea..it would be nice if you could add Glenn Miller tacks or Benny Goodman songs on top of her diatribes..Would add some badly needed character to the game.

Fliegeroffizier
01-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Ask and ye shall receive...
Tokyo Rose entertains you (http://members.cox.net/fliegeroffizier/tokyorose2.WAV)

Lots more "radio entertainment" for your in-cockpit listening pleasure at my Site(see sigblock below). In the homepage left-hand navigation menu, follow the link to WWII Radio Broadcasts(what else?)...then just download the files of your choice, unzip, drop into your Forgotten Battles Samples/Music/InFlight folder, and off you go, flying along tuning your radio and dialing in a variety of chatter and entertainment stations from the airwaves...

Blackdog5555
01-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks, is it Christmas already,.. very cool..I didnt know i had a radio in the plane..

chris455
01-24-2005, 05:38 PM
That broadcast posted is NOT "Tokyo Rose".
The "real" Tokyo Rose (Iva Toguri- a U.S. citizen) never used the name Tokyo Rose in any of her many broadcast for the Japanese- she went by the name of Orphan Ann, and called her U.S GI audience "Fellow orphans of the Pacific".
There are some of her broadcasts left, mostly of very poor quality.

Fliegeroffizier
01-24-2005, 05:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris455:
That broadcast posted is NOT "Tokyo Rose".
The "real" Tokyo Rose (Iva Toguri- a U.S. citizen) never used the name Tokyo Rose in any of her many broadcast for the Japanese- she went by the name of Orphan Ann, and called her U.S GI audience "Fellow orphans of the Pacific".
There are some of her broadcasts left, mostly of very poor quality. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I Think a bit later in that broadcast(or skip forward) you'll discover that in the Sign-Off this particular announcer DOES use the name "Orphan Ann"

I don't believe there ever really was any single woman who broadcast as "Tokyo Rose", or any other name as I recall...there was a group of women who took part/shared in teh broadcasts.....It is true that only Iva Toguri was prosecuted after the war(almost certainly because she was a US citizen working with/vor teh enemy, which is a No-no)...

chris455
01-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Here is a file I made awhile back featuring real and hard to find WWII songs, radio shows, and, of course, several outtakes fro Orphan Ann's (Tokyo Rose) show, "The Zero hour".
I included realistic radio static as the pilot tunes his radio. Doris Day, Bob Hope, Orphan ann, and others are there as well. 8MB file.
Enjoy.

(PS- it goes into your samples/ inflight folder

http://members.cox.net/miataman1/us.wav

Blackdog5555
01-24-2005, 06:14 PM
I also a old listened to a news story on the subject which stated that there was more than one Rose. One was a Philipina living in Japan. Makes you wonder.

LEBillfish
01-24-2005, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fliegeroffizier:
Lots more "radio entertainment" for your in-cockpit listening pleasure at my Site(see sigblock below). In the homepage left-hand navigation menu, follow the link to WWII Radio Broadcasts(what else?)...then just download the files of your choice, unzip, drop into your Forgotten Battles Samples/Music/InFlight folder, and off you go, flying along tuning your radio and dialing in a variety of chatter and entertainment stations from the airwaves... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Noticed you also host IL2FBwav.exe.........Not sure if you saw it when I posted it before, but I wrote up a set of files that allow you to change which folder you are listening to "In the Game".

It's not a replacement for IL2FBwav.exe, but an addition to. One aspect that helps is the ability to shift say from Japanese folder, to British to German or to as discussed in this thread "civilian broadcasts" once in the sim.

Let me know if you'd like a copy to add with your sound files. Naturally any enhancements to it you'd like to make feel free.

Fliegeroffizier
01-24-2005, 10:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEBillfish:
...Noticed you also host IL2FBwav.exe.........Not sure if you saw it when I posted it before, but I wrote up a set of files that allow you to change which folder you are listening to "In the Game".

.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I'd love to get that new Application...I saw a post by Extreme_One(your brother, right?) that such a utility would be coming soon...but I never saw it announced.

Could you send it to me(fliegeroffizier@cox.net) or post a link to it here? Thanks

LEBillfish
01-25-2005, 06:21 AM
My brother???????? No idea what you're talking about but anywho, the zip file can be found here..

http://www.geocities.com/k2kellyirie/IL2/ChatterBandaid.ZIP

Check it out and feel free to distribute it as you see fit.