PDA

View Full Version : Constant Internet Connection Required

pschauer
02-20-2010, 09:16 PM
What a load of crap. I work in Iraq and have been so looking forward to this game. Now I find out that I will have to have a constant internet connection to play. I normally don't pay for internet here. It is $100 a month and the connection is very slow in the evenings when most people are online. I think Ubisoft is going to lose business (money) in the long run with this.

shimpaku
02-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Why on earth would you need a constant Internet connection to play the game? Of course I'm referring to a game console whether it be Xbox or the PS3. If so, I've never been online with a game on the Xbox.

pschauer
02-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Sorry, I should have clarified. This is for the PC version of this game and future Ubisoft PC games.

sswehrwolf
02-20-2010, 10:46 PM
I just read the article detailing this myself... Pre-Order cancelled... ubi soft can go F themselves...

Let me edit this and throw in the information about all of this...

Assassins Creed II for the PC will REQUIRE a CONSTANT internet connection to play the game. If the connection is stopped, the game stops, if you lose the connection, it attempts to reconnect, if it cannot, you go back to your last saved game or check point WHEN AND ONLY WHEN you reconnect to the internet.

The article can be found here
http://www.computerandvideogam...p?id=235290&site=pcg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=235290&site=pcg)

There is even a response in the above linked story from UBI Soft...

So let me put in my two cents..

NEVER..EVER.. Will i buy an Ubi Soft game. They have just destroyed my right to privacy, and the entire point of me paying money to play a game whenver and wherever i like. As i stated above, they can go F themselves. God Bless the pirates.

WabeWalker
02-20-2010, 11:11 PM
So why are you posting here then if you're not going to buy the game?

Read my lips...

I...

Don't...

Care...

Windrius
02-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by WabeWalker:

Maybe because this is a discussion forum and ur a *******?

eZpiri2
02-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Okay, I play on the Xbox 360. But this is a joke. This isn't fair to PC players! Ubisoft may, wait no, WILL, lose many customers. Constant internet? At times like this. That is just sad. First a delay, and now this? Okay, I may be a console player, but this is just wrong. Are they afraid of what. Hacking?

Dragonfire126
02-21-2010, 10:46 AM

Read my lips...

I...

Don't...

Care...

+1

shimpaku
02-21-2010, 11:40 AM

Read my lips...

I...

Don't...

Care...

Possibly because this is an open forum and he has as much right to post his feelings or thoughts as you or anyone else does. There is no stipulation or rule that says one must own the game in order to post on this forum.

sswehrwolf
02-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Why exactly wouldnt i post on the forum site of the game company in which i had pre ordered their game, and decided to not buy it based on a coporate decision for DRM? Oh im sorry... is this the part where the lights go out, a loud booming voice comes out of the walls saying:

"YOU WILL OBEY SLAVE"?

Sorry... i voice my opinion... so go back to the begging position beside your master, hoping for scraps from the table.

BTOG46
02-21-2010, 12:45 PM
There are already several other threads discussing the new DRM, please use one of them instead of creating yet another one.