PDA

View Full Version : Downloading GW via Bit Torrent

Kaleun1961
06-30-2006, 05:22 PM
After no luck getting Grey Wolves from the official site or the European mirror, I decided to try using Bit Torrent. As I type this, it is downloading in the background and should take about four hours to do so. I'm using a DSL connection hooked to a wireless router to get the signal to my laptop.

Kaleun1961
06-30-2006, 05:22 PM
After no luck getting Grey Wolves from the official site or the European mirror, I decided to try using Bit Torrent. As I type this, it is downloading in the background and should take about four hours to do so. I'm using a DSL connection hooked to a wireless router to get the signal to my laptop.

Miriyia
06-30-2006, 10:19 PM
You suck!
You mean I left my PC downloading from the UK site (live in Eastern US) for 4 days getting like 1.5kbs and having 2 of the 5 files time out and have to retry them and there now on Bit Torent.
Atleast I got GW a whole 2 days before you. :P
Awsome mod BTW.

bunkerratt
06-30-2006, 11:38 PM
...ok..and i thought it was slow ..it took me about a little over an hr ..{high speed cable} http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Kaleun1961
07-01-2006, 03:12 PM
I left my laptop running last night when I went to bed, hoping it would finish the download while I slept. I guess the laptop went into standby mode and disabled my wireless connection. I resumed the download this afternoon and it is just flying along. I've got the first three parts and working on the last part now.

BR, I tried cable internet when my local cable company first offered it. It was terribly slow; sometimes slower than dialup at peak periods. I went back to my tried and trusty DSL company. It may be slower but it is more reliable. Perhaps they've improved cable since I first tried it, but I'm not going to bother trying it again. I also like being able to turn off my DSL modem whenever I want to be totally disconnected from the internet.

Kaleun1961
07-01-2006, 04:45 PM
And now I have all of it, at last! Bit Torrent rocks! Now, one question regarding installation: I must already have in place a clean, unmodded installation of SH3 before doing the Grey Wolves install? Seems like something straightforward, but I like to make absolutely certain about what I have to do.

Even though I have finished downloading it, I'm keeping the connection to Bit Torrent open as my favour in return for letting me download. Someone else is now downloading from me; the more people do this, the easier it gets for all of us to get this mod. I love the internet when it works.

bunkerratt
07-01-2006, 07:21 PM
don't forget to patch sh3 to the latest.....then you may fire when ready gridley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif