PDA

View Full Version : HaredWare Trio Good,Bad,Ugly-TIR3/9800Pro/Sidewinder2

ytareh
06-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Just tried out these 3 items in the last day or two thought Id give some feedback
1 GOOD TrackIR3 bought cheapish on Ebay is great .It really is so "natural" .Having said that had a bit of install hassle.Unlike in the ATi driver install as far as I can tell you SHOULD allow the XP installer (which you normally "Cancel") do its thing.And Im still getting the hang of centering the thing-more of a problem on the 'large gunsight' screen....But Im REALLY looking forward to exploring this things potential.
2 BAD HIS Brand Ati 9800pro with Ice Cooler .Well I had a 9800pro before and thought it was pretty good .Yet when I very briefly downgraded to a 9000 I felt it was not that much inferior!!!After when I bought my X850XT PE I still wasnt sure it was all that much better again!
Well having discovered tweaking/overclocking etc and optimisedmy pc I now feel as if this 9800pro is lagging a long way behind my X800XT PE.By the way Ive also used an X1900XTX and reckon its more benefit in fps gain than image quality over the "800".HH Quazzi is right when he says that a top end AGP pc is still right up there .
Also this secondhand item was crying out for a dissasembly and dust/clean/Arctic Silver 5.
3 UGLY MS Sidewinder 2 Preciscion Pro-non force feedback stick.Well I know people rave about the force feedback version of this stick and pay big enough money for them on Ebay but I dont like this one little bit .Its floppy, hasnt enough buttons and isnt as anatomical as my (dont laugh I love it)Logitech Extreme 3d Pro.Uggh!1

ytareh
06-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Just tried out these 3 items in the last day or two thought Id give some feedback
1 GOOD TrackIR3 bought cheapish on Ebay is great .It really is so "natural" .Having said that had a bit of install hassle.Unlike in the ATi driver install as far as I can tell you SHOULD allow the XP installer (which you normally "Cancel") do its thing.And Im still getting the hang of centering the thing-more of a problem on the 'large gunsight' screen....But Im REALLY looking forward to exploring this things potential.
2 BAD HIS Brand Ati 9800pro with Ice Cooler .Well I had a 9800pro before and thought it was pretty good .Yet when I very briefly downgraded to a 9000 I felt it was not that much inferior!!!After when I bought my X850XT PE I still wasnt sure it was all that much better again!
Well having discovered tweaking/overclocking etc and optimisedmy pc I now feel as if this 9800pro is lagging a long way behind my X800XT PE.By the way Ive also used an X1900XTX and reckon its more benefit in fps gain than image quality over the "800".HH Quazzi is right when he says that a top end AGP pc is still right up there .
Also this secondhand item was crying out for a dissasembly and dust/clean/Arctic Silver 5.
3 UGLY MS Sidewinder 2 Preciscion Pro-non force feedback stick.Well I know people rave about the force feedback version of this stick and pay big enough money for them on Ebay but I dont like this one little bit .Its floppy, hasnt enough buttons and isnt as anatomical as my (dont laugh I love it)Logitech Extreme 3d Pro.Uggh!1