PDA

View Full Version : DVD Version will be at GoGamer on Monday.

GoGamer-Jason
03-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Or at least thats what we think will happen. I know they are on the wa. Once we get them I will test them on my system here and then begin shipping.

So, if you have a pre-order in with us, don't sweat it. I'm all over it.

Regards,
Jason

TX-Zen
03-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Jason,

Any word on getting the 3 addons planned for this year?

KrasnyIvan mentioned April 17th for the PE2 addon I believe, but I haven't heard anything about how to get it in the US.

edgflyer
03-31-2006, 05:23 PM
I guess we will have to look for a new sim if UBI does not want to ship to US.

GoGamer-Jason
03-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Zen,

I'm working on it. Right now the US release is only rumors. I have my feelers out trying to find out what is up.

If I can get my hands on them I will sell them.

And let's knock off the angry posts about it not being released in the US. It's really getting tired.

Jason

Steven190
03-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Great ship mine then

_VR_ScorpionWorm
03-31-2006, 08:52 PM
"I will test them on my system here and then begin shipping"

Are you referring to the compatability on US based systems?

panzerd18
04-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Mine should be at my door on monday too

Temporal_Mass
04-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by GoGamer-Jason:

And let's knock off the angry posts about it not being released in the US. It's really getting tired.

Jason

I am sorry that my perceptions of ill treatment as a consumer are boring you. Not the smartest thing for someone who might want my business to say.

GoGamer-Jason
04-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Attention Everyone:

The IL-2 DVD Complete Edition is NOW SHIPPING from GoGamer.com.

I've received our shipment and we have them in stock.

I have installed it and tested it on a system here at GoGamer and it WORKS FINE! No region codes or other craziness.

I loaded up a QMB with my beloved Beaufighter and got hosed by a Zeke. All is good.

It was awesome to just pop in a DVD and install to version 4.04 in one fell swoop. Really great.

Enjoy everyone!

Best Regards,
Jason

Da_Godfatha
04-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Zen,

I'm working on it. Right now the US release is only rumors. I have my feelers out trying to find out what is up.

If I can get my hands on them I will sell them.

Jason

If that is how Go-Gamer thinks about customers, be sure I WILL NOT buy anything from you. Ever heard the old saying, "The customer is King" ? Maybe not.

GoGamer-Jason
04-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Temporal Mass and Godfatha,

I intended no ill will. I was only trying to keep things positive. I'm sure you don't know me like others around here do, but I can assure you that I hold our customers and potential customers in the utmost regard. I'm sorry you took my comments in an overly negative way. Please note that my comments were general and I never singled anyone's particular comments out. But for whatever I said that angered you I apologize.

I have been a member of this community a long, long time and I mean only to bring US customers something they couldn't get otherwise.

Jason

Hocking
04-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks Jason. Your updates over the last several days have been appreciated. I recieved the email earlier today about my game shipping. I guess I will be trying this series out after all thanks to you getting this to us over here in the USA.

Will you be carrying "Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday" at your store? This may be another European game that is hard (not impossible) to come by here in the states.

FlatSpinMan
04-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Godafatha and Temporal King - Jason is NOT Ubisoft. He is trying to help you.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
04-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Excellent, should be able to purchase on in the coming weeks.

Temporal_Mass
04-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Temporal Mass and Godfatha,

I intended no ill will. I was only trying to keep things positive. I'm sure you don't know me like others around here do, but I can assure you that I hold our customers and potential customers in the utmost regard. I'm sorry you took my comments in an overly negative way. Please note that my comments were general and I never singled anyone's particular comments out. But for whatever I said that angered you I apologize.

I have been a member of this community a long, long time and I mean only to bring US customers something they couldn't get otherwise.

Jason

Fair enough. I have been impressed by your dedication to the community here, especially when you offered to test the DVD for compatibility before shipping. For that, S!
But I will continue, from time to time, to express my displeasure with what I feel is an insulting lack of support for a large group of consumers. I am sorry I took your comment a bit too seriuosly. As FlatSpinMan said, you are not Ubisoft. I know it wasn't directed at me personally, but I am getting a bit fed up with retailers taking the attitude that I should feel privilaged that they should be bothered to take my money and perhaps, as an afterthought, provide me with service.

BfHeFwMe
04-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Take it easy guys, Jasons always been one of us, a simhead. Here with Il-2 from day one, he's trying to get the ball rolling for us NA guys and gals. See anyone else trying? Nope....

Probably more work and headaches than it worth for him, but that's the kind of guy he is, looking out for his mates. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Now back to work updating the GPS coordinates of those disks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

Capt_Pepper
04-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Jason,

I just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts with this as well as the many other things of this nature that you have done to help for a long time.

Thanks as well for testing it first. Based on your report, I ordered mine yesterday as did many of my team mates who'd been hoping the DVD would turn out as it did: compatible in this market.

Whether or not they officially release it in the USA or not, you deserve a sincere "Thank You" from all of us who wanted to have one.

GoGamer-Jason
04-04-2006, 08:07 AM
No problem guys. Thanks for the kudos.

Jason