PDA

View Full Version : @Oleg, FBDaemon as official release?

269GA-Veltro
10-30-2004, 04:16 AM
Why not this future in one of the next patches? The "dynamic" scripted servers are a very important future of the IL2 serie.

Why not have this future as an official release? With a good tutorial, ecc. ecc..?

xTHRUDx
10-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Oleg has nothing to do with FBD. it is a 3rd party addon. and every release has been official (by the guys who made it). there is a turtorial, you're just looking on the wrong forum.

try here:

http://www.greatergreen.com/scripts/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=9bd476e3be1c1509cb612ed5e2f7cffc;a ct=SC;c=12

269GA-Maxmars
10-30-2004, 01:52 PM
I think that he was trying to convey a different message, like, "ok we have enough planes and maps, now please also give us a game to play with them".

I've had a discussion with Velotr about it and I think it's a sensible argument. Many people complain about PF being only an "add-on", even though we know that a lot of work has been put in it.

It's only that all of this wonderful work is not put to use very well: dgen and ngen are good for marketing to make a check on the "dynamic campaign" thing, but not much else. You can fool the mission generator easily without applying military knowledge.

Having a more dynamic enviroment in the game, e.g. one of those nice third party utilities like FBDaemon, integrated with the game (easy to use), would raise the level of fun that can be had with the sim.

Look in Hyperlobby now that no dedicated server is out for PF: all you can find online is dogfight servers with little scope beside fragging everyone else, and an occasional coop. This game deserves more.

Willey
10-30-2004, 01:58 PM
With a 128 player server coming soon, they serieously should make something like Warbirds, I mean, the game mode. Take out an airfield, land on it with transports and it's your's. And they could do something like FBD right ingame and more powerful. Some kind of a completely new score system. They already wanted to add 2 new MP game modes in FB, but it looks like Ubi didn't want that...

xTHRUDx
10-30-2004, 02:07 PM
again, guys, try here:

http://www.greatergreen.com/scripts/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=9bd476e3be1c1509cb612ed5e2f7cffc;a ct=SC;c=12

the builders are always open to suggestions. your pissing into the wind taking about it here.

Gatt59
10-30-2004, 02:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willey:
With a 128 player server coming soon, they serieously should make something like Warbirds, I mean, the game mode. Take out an airfield, land on it with transports and it's your's ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, they should only build a decent flight model like AcesHigh2' or Warbirds' one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Snoop_Baron
10-30-2004, 04:41 PM
I think the IL2 series has a lot of potential in adding new game types, similar to what has been suggested. More powerful FBDaemon like features built into the game and a real time war game like that of Warbirds.

I'm looking forward to the new dynamic campaign. I just wanted similar features in a dog fight enviroment running on a dedicated server.

s!

269GA-Maxmars
10-31-2004, 01:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xTHRUDx:
again, guys, try here:

the builders are always open to suggestions. your pissing into the wind taking about it here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thrud, it may be true that FBDaemon and stuff have these options, but the game needs to have some of itself out of the box. Or people won't see the value in it. Many old timers around (HL, UBI, forums) complain that PF is just more content (which, actually took a lot of time to create and is a fantastic addition) on top of a three years old game (IL-2).

We're just trying to let Oleg know it, so that if he's planning another add-on he can make use of this feedback if he wants.

Note about FBD: Of course we still have FBDaemon and other programs, but it isn't easy to use for the average user, who wants a point-and-click interface. FBD is for server admins, we're asking to give the game some features geared towards end-users.