PDA

View Full Version : where would you like to see AC3 go

Radman500
11-22-2011, 11:07 PM
where would you like to see the next ancestor go

YHHTQ
11-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Mars would be cool. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SupremeCaptain
11-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
Mars would be cool. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

That gave me a funny thought.

MrAnarchist
11-23-2011, 01:19 AM
If the rumors are true and ubisoft has had a separate team working on AC3 since they finished AC2 then they have already decided on the location. Hopefully that's the case because it would be a shame to rush it in just a year.
[edit]
Oh yea, and for the pole I clicked Egypt, maybe you could assassinate a pharoah.

Legendz54
11-23-2011, 01:40 AM
Ancient Greece would be awesome battling
Spartan Templars or something

woody182
11-23-2011, 06:39 AM
This kinda may be a spoiler if you havent watched the dvd embers...

in the dvd with the collectors edition, a chinese assassin girl visits ezio when hes retired. Could this be a small hint that the next game maybe set in china back in the day? Tbh i think this would be great. And a departure from the similair look the last four games have had. i know its turkey and italy. but it is quite similair looking. but i think one set in china would be awesome. Especially for the people who think the games are too much of the same with each release, it would be a nice change i think, with some great potential.

Egypt when pharoahs about and that does sound cool, but isn't that too long ago? And maybe too similair to turkey and stuff.

also england in the vicotorian ages or whenever might be good, but i think they may be harder to pull off.

I for one think east asia.

Goxxi
11-23-2011, 06:49 AM
I voted for French Revolution http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Also as possible setting I would like to see :

- Serbia during the First Serbian Uprising (1804.) and fight for freedom against the Ottoman empire and their colonization which lasted for centuries.

- Russion empire (19. century or early 20. century)

- Thirty Years' War beetwen Catholics and Protestants (1618 - 1648)

- Victorian England and Industrial Revolution.

Japan has an intresting tradition but ninjas, shoguns...etc would destroy this game.
Also in feudal Japan there are historical characters who are known all over the world (like : Saladin, Richard the Lionheart, Leonardo da Vinci, Lorenzo de Medici, Borgia family, Suleiman I, Palaiologos family.......etc.
Their historical figures are mostly known only in Japan.
Ancient Rome or Egypy would be intresting but no logic whatwe go back in time.
I think AC3 should take place somewhere in 18-19 century and then after the AC3 and end of Desmons story they can make some prequels and events before AC1.

woody182
11-23-2011, 08:09 AM
The more i think of it, the more i like it...china that is.

how cool would it be to run around streets like these

http://scenery.cultural-china.com/chinaWH/upload/upfiles/2009-01/07/qibao_ancient_town7dc1b5ddc603981aa609.jpg

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200701/17/images/xin_590104170945478270553.jpg

Assassins also definately fit china obviously, the costume in the dvd the chinese girl had looked good

TorQue1988
11-23-2011, 08:47 AM
French Revolution will be the best choice because the time period is great and very popular and it was quite ignored in video games; and let's not forget that Ubisoft is a french company, and the research for the game would be much easier this time around because their biggest studio is in France.

RzaRecta357
11-23-2011, 08:57 AM
To the guy above just because a Japanese assassin was in a short video doesn't mean the game would be set there.

Not to mention it has to be an ancestor of Desmond.

eagleforlife1
11-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
To the guy above just because a Japanese assassin was in a short video doesn't mean the game would be set there.

Not to mention it has to be an ancestor of Desmond.

Shao Jun is Chinese.

KaragaAlen
11-23-2011, 09:33 AM
well forget egypt beacouse it must be set after the revelations game , and china, i dont belive so beacouse it has to be related to altair and ezio and desmond, the girl in embers lives in the exact moment as ezio and it seems stupid. i belive it is the french revolution . ubi montreal would like to place it there, and in the official guide it is said that it is most likley to be there.

LightRey
11-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by KaragaAlen:
well forget egypt beacouse it must be set after the revelations game , and china, i dont belive so beacouse it has to be related to altair and ezio and desmond, the girl in embers lives in the exact moment as ezio and it seems stupid. i belive it is the french revolution . ubi montreal would like to place it there, and in the official guide it is said that it is most likley to be there.
There's no reason to assume it has to be set after Ezio's time and even if there were, Egypt still existed during Ezio's time y'know. In fact, it still exists now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

rob.davies2014
11-23-2011, 12:01 PM
I'd quite fancy Victorian London for it's political and social richness. It was also an important time in world history because of the Industrial Revolution and the British Empire.
And I want to hide in fog!

KaragaAlen
11-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KaragaAlen:
There's no reason to assume it has to be set after Ezio's time and even if there were, Egypt still existed during Ezio's time y'know. In fact, it still exists now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but nothing really happened there with historical interest, u have to think a little to understand the true meening and spirit of the franchise

LightRey
11-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by KaragaAlen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KaragaAlen:
There's no reason to assume it has to be set after Ezio's time and even if there were, Egypt still existed during Ezio's time y'know. In fact, it still exists now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but nothing really happened there with historical interest, u have to think a little to understand the true meening and spirit of the franchise </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well now that's being something of a bigot. Egypt has a very rich history from the period of 1500-2012. Napoleon invaded it for instance.

here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ottoman_Egypt), here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Egypt_under_the_Muhammad_Ali_dynasty) and here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_modern_Egypt). Plenty of history rite der.

n00bfi_97
11-23-2011, 12:49 PM
start rant

Am I the only that is so fed up with people wanting AC to be set in Japan/China that I want to stomp really hard on a baby?

I mean, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and I don't intend to offend anyone, but seriously, imagination, we has it for a reason. There is no place more overdone than Japan. It's so overdone that even a parody of AC there wouldn't be funny.

From my point of view, AC has always taken advantage of exotic settings. Japan, by no means, can qualify as 'exotic' anymore due to its 'overdone-ness'. No game compnay has ever thought of using the Crusades as a setting, nor the Ottoman Empire.

/end rant

On-topic, I would love a see setting akin to the Industrial Revolution,, or perhaps India during the British Raj. I mean, seriously, the crowded and dirty streets of London during those times reek of social stealth. India during the British Raj would also be a nice tiwst in terms of settings. The architecture is also pretty cool.

freddie_1897
11-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Greece, that had A LOT of history, I dunno why no one thought of it before!

monarcasmoreli
11-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LightRey
11-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by n00bfi_97:
start rant

Am I the only that is so fed up with people wanting AC to be set in Japan/China that I want to stomp really hard on a baby?

I mean, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and I don't intend to offend anyone, but seriously, imagination, we has it for a reason. There is no place more overdone than Japan. It's so overdone that even a parody of AC there wouldn't be funny.

From my point of view, AC has always taken advantage of exotic settings. Japan, by no means, can qualify as 'exotic' anymore due to its 'overdone-ness'. No game compnay has ever thought of using the Crusades as a setting, nor the Ottoman Empire.

/end rant

On-topic, I would love a see setting akin to the Industrial Revolution,, or perhaps India during the British Raj. I mean, seriously, the crowded and dirty streets of London during those times reek of social stealth. India during the British Raj would also be a nice tiwst in terms of settings. The architecture is also pretty cool.
You have no idea just how much I agree with you.

eagleforlife1
11-23-2011, 01:04 PM
start rant

I would say that America is far more overdone than Japan.

LightRey
11-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by n00bfi_97:
start rant

I would say that America is far more overdone than Japan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Only parts like the wild west. America is a lot bigger than Japan.

rileypoole1234
11-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Victorian England.

PaulPatrus
11-23-2011, 01:39 PM
My comment is probably too late, because Ubisoft has already started working on the new part of the franchise, but anyways, just want express my thoughts:
1. ACR did a great job of improving the free-run (mad it very fast) by including the hook-blade. I suspect that would return.
2. We have already experienced 4 games of the franchise and became familiar with combat and assassination. It would be a great mistake for the developers to make another AC that has the same gameplay. One of the options is to set it sometime in the 19-20 century, include guns. I am not suggesting developers make a third person shooter! Instead, they should blend the existing mechanic with games like "Splinter Cell" or "Metal Gear Solid". That way the game could retain its charm and gain something new.
I hope ubisoft listens.

hva_899
11-23-2011, 03:21 PM
I voted for French Revolution and i've thought this ever since the end of ACB. Running around Paris would be amazing. I'd also like to see it in Victorian London.

cgdemon894
11-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Assassins Creed III in the French would be perfect. Here's my take on what the story should be:

http://i.imgur.com/wgpSy.jpg

The game starts out with the ending of Brotherhood, Shaun's monologue about the Phrygian Cap and Masonic Eye. http://i.imgur.com/rHr5u.jpg

The game then takes us back to the beginning of the French Revolution. The Declaration of the Right of Man being declared during the famous Tennis Court Oath. Our hero is a young Templar agent that has planned a revolt against the King of France. The Templars are under the name of The Jacobins; radicalists led by His teacher, Maximillien Robespierre has planned to take over the French monarchy and control the country with Templar power. By bribing people, gathering information, and assassinating people who are in the way as early missions, the Templars assume control through strategic manipulation of the people (destruction of the Bastille, invasion in Versailles)

http://i.imgur.com/U9dKF.jpg

After a few years of control, the Templars have sent the protagonist to Masyaf (now an Assassin stronghold after Ezio's pilgrimage in Revelations.) to overtake the fortress and finally assume control of Altair's hidden weapon in the library. The protagonist then fights his way into the fortress and the weapon inside starts activating. He reaches the library and retrieves the Apple left by Altair which activates and reveals to him his true ancestry and destiny of being an Assassin. http://i.imgur.com/av5ZR.jpg

He returns to France in a state of confusion about the knowledge given to him, he hands the apple to Robespierre who betrays the protagonist and assumes complete control using the apple. The protagonist escapes and comes into contact with the Assassins who are in hiding after the Templars have taken power. The protagonist befriends a young assassin general, Napoleon Bonaparte and plans a revolution against the Jacobins. Recruiting assassins to kill the Jacobins slowly (ex: Marat's assassination by Corday; a young assassin recruit) and By rallying the people to fight back, the Assassins succeed in overthrowing Robespierre and is victorious in regaining the Apple. Napoleon is awed by the power of the apple and decides to take control over France with it, he makes himself Emperor with it's power and allies himself with the Templars who support his desire for power.

http://i.imgur.com/ibSh1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nQ1dE.jpg

Years of tracking and fighting, the protagonist finally catches up and defeats his old friend but decides not to kill him as he cannot do so. The apple decides to activate itself to its true master and reveals to him how to unlock the vault under Notre Dame Cathedral (Juno's former temple) which teaches him how to open the Grand Temple. (The main purpose of Desmond viewing his memories.)

woowu
11-24-2011, 04:43 AM
I agree with the dudes that are sick and tired of Japan as a possible setting. It's far too overdone in games. America too.

Now that's out of the way, Victorian London is a HUGE opportunity for them. It's not only fit for the gameplay of AC but also it fits nicely with the story.

Second guess would have to be French Revolution for obvious reasons mentioned here already.

eagleforlife1
11-24-2011, 06:02 AM
After reading about TWCB in the encyclopaedia I wouldn't mind playing in their time. Although I am hoping for French Revolution for AC3.

SwiftAura2011
11-24-2011, 10:26 AM
start rant

/end rant

I laughed aloud when I read your first sentence, especially since I also think it's a really crap idea. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

For my vote I think anywhere in the Russian backyard would be a great place to have the next Assassins Creed, as would Germany, Switzerland or any of all of their "neighbors," just as they have in the Facebook Uplay game, Project Legacy.

I can easily envision scenes from a Russian winter "fitting like a glove" with the spirit of historical reference that makes the Assassins Creed franchise so successful.

Il_Divo
11-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by n00bfi_97:
start rant

/end rant

You have no idea just how much I agree with you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed as well. I have nothing against the people who want Japan/China, but I would prefer an unusual setting to interact with. I (for example) don't know any games that take place during the French Reign of Terror, and feel like that would be a very Assassin's Creed-esque setting for a game.

Egypt could also be fun if Ubisoft is looking for a more exotic touch.

MrAnarchist
11-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Guy Fawkes would be perfect if he wasn't a catholic.

tarrero
11-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Aside from French Revolution, Industrial Revolution in England, I think XVII century Netherlands would be pretty cool.

Assassin_M
11-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Why "Ancient Egypt" ? Why not just "Egypt" ?

tarrero
11-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Alexandria sounds fine to me.

LightRey
11-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Exactly. It's not like Egypt suddenly became uninteresting after 500 AD.

Il_Divo
11-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:

It doesn't have to be Ancient. I'm comfortable with visiting Egypt in a variety of time periods, as long as they retain the AC style gameplay, but that's a potential concern for any setting.

kriegerdesgottes
11-24-2011, 12:16 PM
start rant

/end rant

LOL totally agree. Especially the stomping on baby part. Seriously though I will not be happy to see AC in Japan. I seriously doubt it will be in Revolutionary France or England because Ubisoft likes to keep us totally in the dark but I would be happy with either one of those (especially France). That would be perfect for an AC game.

as far as Egypt goes I actually would prefer a more recent time in Egyptian history than an ancient one simply because it's important to me that the setting be recreated as perfectly and accurately as possible and that goes for the characters as well and I realize they need to take certain liberties but the problem with any ancient setting is just how little we actually know about them. We know a lot about what Florence looks like because A: There is still a lot of it left even from 500 years ago and B: Machiavelli wrote books on what it looked like among other references we have about it. But when it comes to ancient settings we typically know very little and have to hypothesize a lot or just have very little to go on therefore making it difficult to recreate with any real accuracy.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
11-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Goxxi:
I voted for French Revolution http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Also as possible setting I would like to see :

- Serbia during the First Serbian Uprising (1804.) and fight for freedom against the Ottoman empire and their colonization which lasted for centuries.

- Russion empire (19. century or early 20. century)

- Thirty Years' War beetwen Catholics and Protestants (1618 - 1648)

- Victorian England and Industrial Revolution.

Japan has an intresting tradition but ninjas, shoguns...etc would destroy this game.
Also in feudal Japan there are historical characters who are known all over the world (like : Saladin, Richard the Lionheart, Leonardo da Vinci, Lorenzo de Medici, Borgia family, Suleiman I, Palaiologos family.......etc.
Their historical figures are mostly known only in Japan.
Ancient Rome or Egypy would be intresting but no logic whatwe go back in time.
I think AC3 should take place somewhere in 18-19 century and then after the AC3 and end of Desmons story they can make some prequels and events before AC1.

good ideas, good post. i like the thirty years war idea most.

kriegerdesgottes
11-24-2011, 12:49 PM
zabrak94

Good post. I totally agree that would be perfect. I just hope Ubisoft thinks so too.

f4k4m0
11-24-2011, 07:16 PM
It's sounds really well what zabrak94 says. It would really be something if your speculations were gonna be true http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

UBOSOFT-Gamer
11-26-2011, 10:13 AM
An random idea could be, an important thing the templars wanted to find in the city of Magedburg, during the thirty years war. They burned the city down and found what they searched for. and some templars took this to the new world and the new protagonist in AC3 follows to the new world. Mexico or to the english colonies.

I know jsut a stupid random idea.

Anyway and anyhow, i dont think Ac3 will take place during the French or the Americna revolution.

And i dont hope for China or Japan!

Artagez
11-26-2011, 10:22 AM
I think in AC3 You should Play more As Desmond and Subject 16 and you try to find the hidden temples by using your ancestors from the First civilization, and also fighting Abstergo... but that can wait for a few more games cause i want to see desmond work his way up to head assassin and lead a brotherhood to fight abstergo...

maxriderules
11-26-2011, 11:04 AM
I think an AC set during WW1 would be interesting. Since it was all due to allegiances ETC., I wouldn't be suprised if the templars were behind it in canon, and it means there would be a more AC1 style of gameplay- tracking down people keeping the war going and killing them off.

That said, I think the series should stay away from trench warfare, and stick with acting in, lets say, Germany and Briton to kill templar generals and politicians, as well as America to kill those who were keeping America out of the war.

Gameplay wise, there could be two classes of guns- long guns and pistols. Pistols would work a lot like the crossbow or hidden gun in ACR, while long guns would be a little more complicated. It would work like AC2's hidden gun (A guaranteed kill no matter what), and have longer range (possibly by extending the lockon range). However, if you have one in your inventory, it will be similar to having full notoriety in AC2- police and soldiers on leave (very similar to ACR's Janissaries) would attack you on sight. The gameplay for enemy weapons have already been experimented with in ACR, so they just need a little tweaking.

winterelf86
11-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Honestly, I'd like to see the French Revolution or the Bolshevik Revolution.

Black_Widow9
11-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Please post this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868/p/1)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>